Will Additional Graphics slow the game?

Eucrid

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd season and all of a sudden my game is at a crawl. Not just the processing screens but pretty much every time I press a button it takes 5-10 seconds to do anything. Is this down to graphic packs? I did go kind of graphic mad recently so its the only reason I can think of for the game slowing so much. I have 8gb of RAM and a quadcore i7 so I wasn't expecting these sorts of problems.

my fm10 went on a horrid slowdown with the loading screen and button pressing after i got all the graphics, so i have steered well clear since :)

Can be other factors too. Size of database, number of countries loaded, things you're subscribed too...
Can basically be a few factors

I had considered some of those so I started a brand new game with a significantly smaller database and it still chugged along.

I added a kit pack and I fear that may have been the biggest problem. Shame too because the kits look great.

I have to admit, when I've added graphics like facepacks and skins I've not had a slowdown, it's always been because I use the huge database or have background applications. It's always been fine with graphic addons.

Graphics only slow the starting screen nothing else

Thanks for the help.

I'm still lost though. I removed graphics, started a new game with less leagues and a smaller database (4 stars for speed) yet its still giving me alot of trouble. Even bringing up the preferences takes ages.