howardrocket

Reaction score
Any techniques or money saver tips anyone has?? I like to keep my Wage Budget as low as possible, and usually go down the route of offering a lower wage in favour of a higher signing on fee! What I am wondering if sometimes in the long run this is actually costing me more money! So I am recruiting your help to know what you guys do?

I dont like having clauses, I a lot of the time dont keep track. Also I dont do goal/appearance fees! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Will.

Keep any bonuses as low as possible - my highest Appearance Fee is Nico Gaitan with £16.75k per appearance but he has a low weekly wage; the next highest AF bonus is a regen with £4k (this is only an example). If you want to offer them a higher signing on fee, calculate it first - multiply their wage by 53, as this'll give you roughly the player's yearly pay, and add the signing on fee to it.

Work out which is cheaper first. If you're not satisfied with a player, leave it. Healthy finances + no player is very much better than money loss + player, trust me.

Avoid the dreaded ''match highest earner fee''. In the Championship with Charlton I was desperate for a GK after Amos went back to Man Utd (had him on loan). Quickly bought in Joe Lewis and he wanted the clause...ended up on 50k a week when I got promoted to the prem (I micromanage my finances..OCD haha)

I always find you CAN negotiate, if a player is requesting 60k, go for 30. Then 30. Then 35. Then 40. I got Tevez to accept a contract with minimal bonuses and 55k a week from 100k (his agent had good patience and low fee though), sadly Dortmund got him. Also it's a risk BUT if you're going for a DC, DMC or WB, bump that goal bonus up a little. I also (don't quote me on this though) find that if you offer a agent a higher fee you can get a lower wage for the player.

I also (don't quote me on this though) find that if you offer a agent a higher fee you can get a lower wage for the player.

Just quoted :p always works with me.

Yes, can confirm this also. The game has simulated the greedy nature of some agents who are more interested in lining their own pockets very well indeed.

Also, I create a short list of players after I have assessed my squad. Watch the news very carefully, including the ticker tape news items, looking out for players sacking their agents. This happens a lot and quite often with players that I want to acquire. You will negotiate a much better deal direct with a player like this than you would going through an agent.

Trust me, this is a really good tip, especially if you are patient.

When offering current players a new deal I always wait till their contracts are a month from expiring rather than when the 6 month reminder comes up. I can usually offer 50% less than what they wanted 6 months before.