Craig Bellamy banned by Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

19-11-08

loves anderson
Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/15/craig-bellamy-manchester-city

Craig Bellamy has been banned from Manchester City and black-listed as one of their players in a show of authority from the club's manager, Roberto Mancini. Bellamy has been told he will not be welcome at City's practice ground when the players resume training tomorrow and ordered to stay away until a deal has been arranged to find him a new club.

It follows several clashes with Mancini and other senior employees over the past few days. Bellamy has been outraged by the way City have marginalised him and has made his feelings clear to the manager and other players. He was told to train with the reserves on Friday but his attitude was perceived to be so "disruptive" the club have told him he is no longer welcome.
An angry Bellamy has returned to Wales to be with his family and is expected to train with Cardiff City tomorrow.

Cardiff have contacted City to ascertain their position and are hoping to capitalise on Bellamy's desire to play for his hometown club by persuading him to take a pay cut on a loan agreement. However, reports of a deal being imminent are premature, with City turning down a request from the Championship club to pay part of Bellamy's £95,000-a-week salary.
City would prefer to sell the 31-year-old but are reluctant to do business with Tottenham Hotspur, confirmed admirers of Bellamy, because they regard Harry Redknapp's team as competitors for the Champions League places. Celtic and Sunderland are interested while Mark Hughes, the former City manager, is trying to sign Bellamy for Fulham plus two more players from his previous club, Roque Santa Cruz and Shay Given.

Several other clubs are understood not to be deterred by the rancorous split and Bellamy's apparent inability to avoid confrontation with authority. Bellamy's CV, including spells at Liverpool, Newcastle United and Blackburn Rovers, has become synonymous with controversy and his eight months under Mancini have been rife with tension and mutual suspicion.
The tone of their relationship was set within Mancini's first weeks as manager when they had an argument about the player wanting an individually tailored training programme.Bellamy was also the subject of an internal investigation into comments in the players' tunnel after Mancini had clashed with David Moyes during the 2-0 home defeat to Everton in March. Someone was overheard shouting something offensive towards Mancini. Bellamy denied it was him and, with noise in the tunnel making it hard to gather evidence, the club decided not to reprimand him.

But Mancini was said to find it "disrespectful and unprofessional" when Bellamy, walking off the pitch after the 1-0 defeat to Tottenham that ended City's hopes of reaching the Champions League, high-fived Redknapp. Then, last week, Bellamy accused Mancini of not speaking to him for six months, an allegation that was strenuously denied. City's directors initially planned to fine Bellamy but instead, on Mancini's recommendation, they have decided to make him persona non grata and effectively wash their hands of him.

XD

thats the problem with Bellamy- great player, **** attitude

Interesting story.

Like I've been saying, I don't want him at Tottenham. Can't see any way around his wages for Cardiff, though.

I'm thinking Fulham is the most likely option.

Firstly, he is a ****.

But he has been treated unfairly, he was probably there best player last season along with Tevez and not to make the 25 squad is ridiculous.

I love the fact he high fived redknapp right after spurs secured fourth. XD

The guys vermin! Little ****** **** high fived nonce face with a big smile on his face. Ever since his boyfriend was sacked he has been trying to undermine the manager and get transfered to spurs.He didnt come to city for the club or the fans he came for loverboy and him self. I loved Bellers but I have lost all repected for him hes a ****** **** I hope we dont sell him and let him rott! NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB

He plays his best football under Hughes. (Judging by last season)

So they're obviously friends. So a move to Fulham would suit both Parties well. He's a good player.

How stupid! Man City are a bunch of muppets, if he's not good enough for their 25 man squad, how will he be a threat to them?

He should simply go to fulham.. Mancini won't let him go to a 'rival', so Fulham and Mark Hughes is his result; Cardiff City won't be a great move to be fair with his talent, and Man City don't need the money, so just release him?..

tbh i think its an excuse for mancini not to include him in the 25 man squad

Man City don't need the money, so just release him?..

They're trying not to get ripped off in fairness to them. Ireland is kicking up a stink over getting paid the difference in his wages there and what he'll be on at Villa (that's £2m) and Bellamy is apparantly on ludicrous wages too.

Think Bellamy is right to kick off in fairness to him. There's offers from other clubs obviously there, but City tried to shift him off to Germany.

He'll get time to improve his golf swing anyways while this is sorted :D

It's a real shame what's going on at Shity so many players careers will be ruined, i think every player that has been told 'your not in the 25' has every right to demand a payment to leave, Shity can't treat players like complete twats, after all it was Shity offering the huge wages to 'bribe' players to join. Bellamy to Cardiff is an insult to arguably one of their best players last season, i hope the union jumps all over this.

Listen here Shity, it takes more then a sheikh and stupid wages to win a league, FACT.

It's a real shame what's going on at Shity so many players careers will be ruined, i think every player that has been told 'your not in the 25' has every right to demand a payment to leave, Shity can't treat players like complete twats, after all it was Shity offering the huge wages to 'bribe' players to join. Bellamy to Cardiff is an insult to arguably one of their best players last season, i hope the union jumps all over this.

Listen here Shity, it takes more then a sheikh and stupid wages to win a league, FACT.

I agree. I think they'll struggle to gain 4th spot this year, and Liverpool will grab it, and not just that, I think they will do awful in the Europa League this year, resulting in ciao ciao to Mancini.

Players should look at this example properly before even deciding to join them. You can have a great season for them, and still not be included in the 25-man squad next season. I understand that if he couldn't make it into the starting 11, but not even the squad? Ridiculous to be honest. The same happened to Ireland too, who was their best player by far during the 08/09 season.

And Mancini is as much a **** as Bellamy is. Just because he doesn't looks like one doesn't mean he isn't.

Last edited:
Joke of a club and manager. This is not the way to treat your last season's best player. Mancini can **** off to Italy instead of ruining clubs here. Overrated ****. Mocked transfer market, mocked mid table clubs, now no respect for players. I hope Mancini gets the sack and remain jobless all his life.

hate the man with a passion but has been treated like a ****.

Mancini is an over-rated manager, has no idea.

He has 39 first team players, all good players, yet he has to narrow it down to 25, how the **** is he supposed to keep the other 14 happy, whilst they are sitting in the stands?

Joke of a club and manager. This is not the way to treat your last season's best player. Mancini can **** off to Italy instead of ruining clubs here. Overrated ****. Mocked transfer market, mocked mid table clubs, now no respect for players. I hope Mancini gets the sack and remain jobless all his life.

You're making it out as if they played stupid prices for all there players, however I feel that the prices they payed for the players were good, Silva for 26m was a good deal, Toure for 24m is maybe abit over-payed but that's the Man City way, you're making it out as if there spending 50m on a single player, I just think this is the typical United fans opinion as they don't like seeing there neighbours trying to achieve something in world football.

Status
Not open for further replies.