Craig Levein's First Squad

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
I hear its announced today, quite excited (sad indeed) about it.

For the first time in ages it feels like we've got a manager who knows what hes doing and one who has a great eye for a player (see the random nowbodys, for nowheresville that he picked up at Dundee U who are now amongst the best in the SPL)

Obviously a bit late to speculate as to who hes gunna chose as the announcement can only be a few hours away.

Im hoping for a few new faces, and hopefully no Lee McCulloch. Off the top of my head it would be nice to see Dorrans and Snodgrass in the squad again, Wouldnt mind seeing Dixon or Wallace in there as well as for the last year everytime a squads been announced the wonderful people on the BBC 606 forums have been like, when are they gunna be called up.

EDIT:

Squad Announced

Scotland squad to face Czech Republic on 3 March:

Goalkeepers: Alexander (Rangers), Gordon (Sunderland), Marshall (Cardiff City);
Defenders: Hutton (Tottenham), Berra (Wolves), Caldwell (Wigan), Dixon (Dundee United), Kenneth (Dundee United), Wallace (Hearts), Webster (Rangers) Whittaker (Rangers),
Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom) , Fletcher (Manchester United), Hartley (Bristol City), McCulloch (Rangers), McFadden (Birmingham), Robson (Middlesbrough), Thomson (Rangers),
Forwards: Boyd (Rangers), Fletcher (Burnley), Iwelumo (Wolves), Miller (Rangers)

Last edited:
Dorrans has got to be in there, he's been really good for WBA so far this season

I would like to see some of the usual suspects in the side (fletcher, gordon, miller) and the like, but i would like to see McCormack again, Burke seems to be hitting some good form and getting goals. Steven Fletcher is a must i think seeing as hes on 11 in the Premier League. Not fussed about Boyd and Mcgregor coming back but it gives us some backup.

Like Gregor said i am excited for the first time in ages about our squad selection.

No more Gary Teale please :(

mcCulloch has been playing great this season so he should be in the managers plans same with wilson even if just back up also boyd and miller

Webster has been great for Dundee Utd. I am happy with the squad i guess. I can see why big Iwelumo is in there. Levein likes a big target man and for a friendly it cannot hurt to check these guys out.

oh dear, Iwelumo XD you must have better strikers than that surely?

Fletcher has scored 7 in the Premier League.
Would have thought Snodgrass might have gotten into the squad, is he injured?

Fletcher has scored 7 in the Premier League.
Would have thought Snodgrass might have gotten into the squad, is he injured?

no, but he is knackered and his form's dropped (much like the rest of our squad...)

Good squad no ridiculous picks. Mcgregor wasn't picked due to him being savagely attacked by thugs outside Karbon [Ive Been overrated] and could be out of Old Firm. 6 Rangers players and only 1 Celtic player. But the biggest triumph Charlie Adam a genuine hero and will be a quality addition.

Webster?
McCilloch :(
Iwulemo:'(

Webster has been great for Dundee Utd. I am happy with the squad i guess. I can see why big Iwelumo is in there. Levein likes a big target man and for a friendly it cannot hurt to check these guys out.

Yeh im glad to see Webster back, was always good for us before.

Good squad no ridiculous picks. Mcgregor wasn't picked due to him being savagely attacked by thugs outside Karbon [Ive Been overrated] and could be out of Old Firm. 6 Rangers players and only 1 Celtic player. But the biggest triumph Charlie Adam a genuine hero and will be a quality addition.

Charlie Adam, want him at Fulham :wub:

He's quality

Really?..Charlie Adam..A hero?

I just see him as another average SPL player whos went down to the Championship and has been a hit I mean he wasnt even good enough for Rangers

Really?..Charlie Adam..A hero?

I just see him as another average SPL player whos went down to the Championship and has been a hit I mean he wasnt even good enough for Rangers

Didn't have much of a chance at Rangers, I still think he has a great future ahead of him.

Think Snodgrass and Dorrans could/should be in, but pretty happy with squad really. Interesting that there's no Stephen Mcmanus in there. And also I'm happy that Iwelumo's there - the guy, imo, deserves a second chance :)
I'm going to the game:- very excited :D :p (H)

Not a bad squad at all. Iwelumo is back on the squad :D Signed him on my Bohs game. Class player.I think Ireland, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland should hold a Celtic Nations Cup while the world cup is on as none of us qualified..

Didn't have much of a chance at Rangers, I still think he has a great future ahead of him.

Meh he was given 2 and a half seasons and by the end of it Rangers were desperate to offload him.

Not a bad squad at all. Iwelumo is back on the squad :D Signed him on my Bohs game. Class player.I think Ireland, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland should hold a Celtic Nations Cup while the world cup is on as none of us qualified..

Who'd watch that :p, I'm a Scotland fan but would much rather watch the World Cup

Charlie Adam was terrible up here. I have not seen him since his move but based on his performances here....