Crash dump error when accessing Training screen.

jrlewis

Reaction score
I get a crash dump when I click on a player, training I get this error "A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been created in C:\ blah blah\crash dumps" I don't know how I can show you the dumped file but if it is required to help solve my issue then let me know how I can show it.

PS. When I go to my coaches screen none of my coaches are assigned to any training, and they are not shown in the coaches tab. Under staff tab they are there but not for training.

---------- Post added 23/06/2011 at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 22/06/2011 at 12:12 PM ----------

Is there anyone that could help me?

While this is FM11, I had a similar problem in FM12 and this was one of the first results in Google. So to save people some trouble if you are getting problems with crashes/crash dumps keep happening in FM 12 then;

1) Close the game, go to your steams game library, right click Football Manager and go to Properties -> Local Files, and verify/defragment your game files, then try your game.

If this doesn't work then go to step 2

2) I decided to just completely delete my cached files to try and get it to work and it worked, to do this go to C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive and you will see a Football Manager 2012 folder (If you couldn't find the folders to get this part then make sure view hidden files is on), anyway make a folder called 'backup' and drag the entire Football Manager 2012 folder into it, when the game re loads it will create everything again, but obviously your settings/preferences will be lost (I don't mean saved games, tactics anything like that, just the preferences panel inside FM), but the time spent to set up your options again etc is a lot better than losing a ton of hours on your FM 2012 save!

Hope this helps someone at least and I didn't register and post in vain ;x