Reaction score
I was wondering what are your weirdest tactics that have won you a game. Personally, I just ended a 3 match losing streak using a 1-2-2-2-2 formation, 4-1... oO)

This is probably my weirdest one

View attachment 111782

My attempt to re-create a tactic from the 1954 Hungary team

Results were average, could probably be made into a decent tactic by someone more adept at creating tactics

1-2-1-3-3? 0.o Wow... Did that work out?
And Niall, doesn't look too bad. Not mainstream, but i guess it could work. And that win was a fluke. Just got trounced 5-0 by Zenit.

1-2-1-3-3? 0.o Wow... Did that work out?
And Niall, doesn't look too bad. Not mainstream, but i guess it could work. And that win was a fluke. Just got trounced 5-0 by Zenit.

lol, I won the first game 2-1 against Wolves as Spurs, then lost to Blackburn 3-0

Had some success in Europe in the first season with FC Levadia using a 4-3-1-0-2 system not that unusual actually. used 5-5-0-0-0 when shutting up shop late in the game and 2-0-0-3-5 when desperately in need of a goal. Especially when I have been dominating the game.

2-0-0-3-5 !0.0! 5-5-0-0 is not that different from scotland's 6-4-0 XD Those are some formations I think we'll never see in the Prem. Sadly, maybe.

Tried a 1-2-2-3-1-1 once, with limited success.

I can't even picture that in my head...

SW
FB ------------------- FB
DM - DM
LM CM RM
AM
ST

Relying on creativity from the AM, sometimes the tactic worked really well. Other times it absolutely failed. One thing you do need is a top, top class sweeper.

Doesn't look too bad actually. But if your sweeper's bad, there is an enormous hole just where you really don't want one. And I don't know many very good sweepers.

Doesn't look too bad actually. But if your sweeper's bad, there is an enormous hole just where you really don't want one. And I don't know many very good sweepers.

Using tweaked setting, the two DMs worked like attacking defenders, roaming upfield when in possession, so it often formed a back 5 of sorts defensively. I used Mexes as a sweeper, and he worked well.

My most unusual one was a 4123 with 2 sweepers,2 regular full backs,1 cm,an aml and amr and 3 strikers...Has won me the league the last 7 years running...although i concede an average of 2 goals a game i usually score 4 or 5 most games.Dont have any screenies as its on my broken laptop :(

You need a really good team for that tactic though... Having one good SW is hard enough, but two? And 3 good strikers... Who were you playing as?

As werder Bremen i used this tac:
GK
DC DC DC
RWB LWB
CM CM
AM AM
ST

Probably the best tactic ive ever made, cruised the bundesliga and got to CL Final before losing to barca

My weirdest would probably be
GK
RB
RSweeper
DCl
LWB
RM
CMr
AML
CAMr
FR
CFr

Used this tactic trying to overload one side of the pitch leaving som much space for the AML who has to be really good to make this work

My weirdest would probably be
GK
RB
RSweeper
DCl
LWB
RM
CMr
AML
CAMr
FR
CFr

Used this tactic trying to overload one side of the pitch leaving som much space for the AML who has to be really good to make this work
is this what your tactic looked like? that is ****** up XD

Wow... If that worked, you're some kind of genius. If it didn't, you're completely mad :p
And Jack, that actually sounds like a really smart tactic. I'll try it out at some point and give you some feedback.

is this what your tactic looked like? that is ****** up XD

yes that is how. I did only youse sweeper against weaker teams. against strongger teams I found out it was sometimes to much space for the other team to create chances. when not playing the sweeper I also changed the CMr to CM because when playing with sweeper and CM they took space from eachother when the sweeper moved forward. as I said before the plan is to create space for the AML which the tactic was really good at. otherwise when attacing at the right side I used the advantage of have more players then the other team playing my way towards the goal.
for this to work you need a very good AML and the players on the right has to have good crossing attributes. I also focused the play to the right flank. I scored a lot of goals but also let quite many in. I'm currently first in the league so it is working quite well for me.

That would be as Rangers when I had lost the first leg of the CL semi 5-0 at Stamford Bridge, I went for it at home with a 2-2-1-5 and we won 7-1.