It really is a game of two halves...

iDood

Reaction score
Why is it impossible to have me team keep a lead? In six of the last eight league games my Palace team have gone a goal or two up, and then thrown the game away, meaning that I draw or lose. I have a solid side, and this should not be happening. I seem to really get into the oppsition in the first half, and score one or two, and then in the second half I just lose it and I don't get a shot in, despite not having changed a thing.. the only possible explanation I have in the team-talks, but none of them seem to change a thing.

My team is:

GK- Julian Speroni
RB- Nathanial Clyne
LB- Clint Hill
CB- Jose Fonte
CB- Paddy McCarthy (Emir Faccioli is backup, I seem to get alot of suspensions and injuries too)
DM-Stephen Appiah
CM-Nick Carle
CM-Neil Danns/Henri Lansbury
AMR- Davide Santon
AML- Victor Moses
ST- Jonathan Cristaldo

Thanks.

its a glitch on the game...sumtimes you can be 2-0 up but the opposition will win 3-2...because your team gives up after they let in 1 goal :(

Oh no.. it's very evident in mine then. We were playing really well in just about every game, in full control, but then we would completely give it away. Just managed to beat Ipswich 3-2 though! Although we were 2-0 up and you can guess what happened.. A win's a win though, I can't argue. Another problem I am having, though, is that people have poor morale, or in Cristaldo's case, his morale is 'Very Poor', despite the fact that he is getting plenty of first team football and he's scoring goals. Any ideas as to what I can do?

offer a new contract...or go on player interaction and say sumthin nice :)

Yeah I used to have exactly the same problem and I found it really was in the team talks funnily enough, which at the start can be worked out by looking at the odds of the game as I'm sure you know.

But at half time I just do the usual if I'm winning by a goal or two; "Encourage" or "Dont Get Complacent", if by 3+; "Pleased". Especially in away matches but at home the best is to be pretty brutal so if your drawing at half time try "Disappointed", losing; "Angry" etc.

Hope any of that helps, that's what I do anyway and I seem to keep my lead reasonably, even against the big 4. And I don't know what formation you play but try throwing in someone as DMC and take away a striker if your playing more than one man up front.

Oh and if your bringing someone on at half time, if their morale is good then try "I expect a performance" for them but if its low, try "I have faith in you"

Last edited:
Yeah it's more about team talks than tactics. But, if I'm 2-0 up at home, I'd put down my width a bit and defend a bit deeper with counter-attack. That's if your originally playing high up the pitch. Remember to keep an eye on the oppositions formation, as they could throw everyone forward one minute and then sit back the next.