maxxie

Reaction score
Why is he so ****?

Question is simple as that.
Out of the 20 goals he's scored this season, pretty sure NONE were free kicks, I think one last season was a goal, that's one out of 71.
Not sure if it's him or the game in general because its my first save but he kicks it into the wall EVERY TIME!!
Frustrating as ****. In FM2010 freekicks did well for me but this time round they're totally useless.

have you seen how many chances he wastes in real life they are just trying they're best to make it realistic

what do you want him scoring every free kick he gets

Well, he's probably taken a couple hundred free kicks at goal and scored from one, that's a pretty **** conversion rate. And on whether or not they are making it realistic, his free kick rating is still 17.

Why is he so ****?

Question is simple as that.
Out of the 20 goals he's scored this season, pretty sure NONE were free kicks, I think one last season was a goal, that's one out of 71.
Not sure if it's him or the game in general because its my first save but he kicks it into the wall EVERY TIME!!
Frustrating as ****. In FM2010 freekicks did well for me but this time round they're totally useless.

I had a guy with a free kick taking of 8 score in his first - and only - free kick ever. I guess it's just tough luck.

i used to have moutinho on one of the other fm's with free kicks of like 13 and he scored lots, but i had juninho also who had 20 but never scored, dunno why this is

Well Ronaldo doesn't score too many free-kicks IRL , so this goes to show how realistic FM is.

there is currently an issue with the balls physics in FM, they need to implement something called the Magnus Effect, which they will do in FM12

there is currently an issue with the balls physics in FM, they need to implement something called the Magnus Effect, which they will do in FM12

Could you expand on that please?
Not heard of this before , found it interesting.

As in, how airflow effects a ball in flight? Interesting. How freekick takers differ has always interested me. If you look at someone like Juan Roman Riquelme or David Beckham, their freekicks are flighted to perfection, with every slight curve put on the ball for a reason. If their freekicks beat the keeper, they meant it. Ronaldo basically just toe-punts it and lets the ball fly crazily, bamboozling the goalkeeper. Not to say there's less skill in it, mind.

Could you expand on that please?
Not heard of this before , found it interesting.
its basically to with getting the physics right with curving shots, not so much a problem with open shot on target, but a key issue at set plays since most free kick rely on beating the wall with bend

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

As in, how airflow effects a ball in flight? Interesting. How freekick takers differ has always interested me. If you look at someone like Juan Roman Riquelme or David Beckham, their freekicks are flighted to perfection, with every slight curve put on the ball for a reason. If their freekicks beat the keeper, they meant it. Ronaldo basically just toe-punts it and lets the ball fly crazily, bamboozling the goalkeeper. Not to say there's less skill in it, mind.
aye give me beckham/riquelme/juninho style takers every time. thats how you strike a ball

In my 11.0 Tottenham save Gareth Bale scored like 13 goals for me in a season from DL and almost all of them from free kick despite his is only 15.

I think it depends on PPM? I believe to score loads from FK one must have 'hit freekick with power' and 'try long range free kick' which Bale has in his list. Douglas Costa has 19 FK but rarely scores from it because he don't have 'hit FK with power' ppm

I think free kicks also take account:
1)decisions. Should I hit it directly or pass? And if I do it directly then where exactly.(maybe teamwork affects that a little)
2) maybe anticipation. How the players on the wall and the keeper move
3)creativity. What kind of shoot is needed to hit the place I chose sucsessfuly
3)technique. Can I pull this kind of shoot technically?
4)free kicks. To determine if the fk is finally accurate, how the player ment to do it.. Also maybe if direct long shoots are also taken into account, and if a powerfull shoot is ment to be done, strength...

On top of all that if it is last minutes or you are trailing, add determination to the mix as well as morale etc...