Custom database with a New Nation(country), competitions and more!!!

donshaggy

Reaction score
Alright where do i start, well i have had some time off work lately so i decided to make myself busy by having a wild crack at the editor. I always joke about how i would love to start my own country if i won a jackpot and that, so figured if that "dream" cant be realised at least i can make it happen on FM.

I am half way through the whole process now and this is what i have done so far:
  • Nation: I Used Faroe Island as a template, edited details, changed name, European status and stuff
  • Cities: I created over 30 different cities and towns, with a new capital city.
  • Local regions: Created four different local regions, consist of North, South, East and West.
  • National Team: Created a national team, with improved fifa ranking and league values.
  • Competitions: Created four different divisions. Premier, Championship, League 1, and League 2
  • Cups: Created a major cup competition(similar to the english F.A cup) and a Super cup competition (similar to the community shield)played as the season curtain raiser between winner of cup and league
  • Players: I used major teams in Northern Ireland, Iceland, The Faroe Islands as the template, so you will find most of the players are Northern Ireland and Iceland based but changed all their nationalities and city of births. A players city of birth is mostly the city or town they play their club football all based on my created cities and towns(its all fantasy right?) They are all on descent contracts and every team has got at least 5 star/top players in their squad(again adjusted their CA/PA a bit)
  • Staff: every club created so far have got descent staff already in place and they all got a director of football of some kind. Most managers out of work now are most likely to be managing a club at my created nation. again most of the backroom staff are mostly Northern Ireland/Iceland based and some of their nationalities are changed and some city of births too.
  • Clubs: Every league has got 18 teams in it, and they are all scattered around the created cities and towns. As in every country, there are the Big super two, then the big four and so on. The big super two teams are a bit like Manchester United and man city. One has the history, the fan base and the glamour with descent finance structure and the other has the sugar daddy owner, unlimited funds and a number of big name players(no pun intended city fans lol) every club has got a created kit, reserve and under 18 sides, from different parts of the country, in the case of the big two from the capital city called LIBERTY CITY(inspired by GTA: Liberty City lol) Club history, rivalries, income, club structure, and any other info in the normal game are created.
  • Derbies: There some derbies created between some of the bigger clubs but almost every team from The premier(The Elite as i callled it) to the championship, (thats how far im now) have got a rival or two.
  • Language: The nation has got 3 major languages spoken, the local or national dialect that i created, English and German(i know the Irony lol) Most of the regions speaks English where as the Northern areas are predominantly German speakers.
  • Media: I have created a lot of media outlets, Tv stations(A major national Tv station like the BBC, then you have other local stations then a major satellite station like Sky) Radio stations, Newspapers both factual and Tabloids. Daily newspapers, weekly ones(like sunday news papers) magazines, betting companies, other kit sponsorship companies etc. Created a few journalist for different regions and cities.
  • Stadiums: almost every club i have created so far(36) have got their own created quality stadiums, (there are a couple of ground shares as wll) they all got descent facilities, especially the top division teams and they all own their stadiums except for the ground share clubs which is own by the city or town.
  • Weather: Created a few weather scenarios for different parts of the region, The north is mostly British type weather, South a bit of warm likewise east and the west is like Los Angeles/Barcelona kinda weather.
  • Continental Competitions: In terms of Champions league/Europa League. I just had a rough test and it seems like there is 3 CL places and 3 EL places plus the winner of the cup competition i think. In terms of the champions league, its two automatic qualification places and one play off qualification. Europa league is again same format as the Champions league.
  • Transfer Update: The database itself has got every single major deal in europe up until about a week ago already updated including managerial changes and i will do my best to complete the ones that has in the last few days up on till when i complete it and make it available for download updated as well. It also comes with Real competition names(eg. Bundesliga instead of German division or whateva it normally is), and most major media sources in europe and some updated real life injuries as well.
There are probably a few other things that i have done so far that has slipped my memory one way or the other. In terms of completion of the database, like i said i have just finished the teams in the championship level, still got the league 1 and the league 2 to do which i will probably start later tonight. Frankly im beginning to run out of ideas for names of the clubs and stuff (after 36 created, i've exhausted all my creativity lol) so im open to suggestions and ideas.

I basically started doing this database cuz i have had to take some time off work as i broke my ankle playing football, so figured if i have so much time on my hands why not do something fun with my favourite manager game. I suppose whiles we wait for FM 12 this should keep us going eh? It was initially going to be for me and a few mates but decided to share on here. Im not sure i have seen a custom database like this on here before but if there has being then oh well here's another one. (H)

The completed database is available to download from here

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5521

Last edited:
With the editor programme mate...takes a lot of time and a good attention to detail but its kinda nice when you playing your own custom scenario lol

where do you get the program mate? and can i have a link?

Last edited:
thanks, im creating my own ivorian database haha :D There are some teams with no players... so do i have to give them players or will they randomly aquire players if i dont add them?

you can add players on the editor or its more likely that you will start with regens.