TheCaptain

Reaction score
my dilemma is this

do i sign fat ronaldo for less than 1mil, and beckham for a free in dec.

im sunderland and have signed 2 decent wingers in tranquillo barnetta LW, and angel di maria from benfica to play the right.

ronaldo and beckham are advancing in years but are they worth the wages for 1-2 years to fill out my squad and add a touch of class

any help would be appreciated

YES!!

They're both brillliant and even if you have enough wage budget you should try get ruud van n for 3m

Becks goes really downhill after 1 season...I bought them both and sold ronaldo after 1 season to valencia for 3.7m after paying 1.8 for him. He also scored some wonder goals for me in the big games. Only problem is he struggles to stay fit but when he is....world class still!

im happy with bent and jones atm really so his fitness wouldnt be an issue really cos he would be rotation.

i think buying for a year or 2 then selling on might be a good way to look at it.

i have the budget for ruud too, so i might look at him rather than fat ronaldo?

what do you think?

im happy with bent and jones atm really so his fitness wouldnt be an issue really cos he would be rotation.

i think buying for a year or 2 then selling on might be a good way to look at it.

i have the budget for ruud too, so i might look at him rather than fat ronaldo?

what do you think?
I wouldn't rely to much on Kenywyne Jones tbh, in my Sunderland story he's got about 2 league goals and we're in January. Frazier Campbell and Darren Bent are the one's to play, Campbell has started only 9 games all season after about 22 games, and scored 9, and Bent has been out with injury a lot but has got 8.

kenwyns notching up assists like nobodies business in pre-season as a complete forward with bent poaching.

but i just bought van nistelroy, and im thinking if i play him as poacher, and find something for bent to work as i should get a good goal return.

plus with beckham joining in Jan, im hoping a corner system ive been working on will improve dramitically

he might have to slot in the middle

barnetta is terrorizing the world on the right flank

but i fancy beckham and cana could be quite a formiddable CM partnership

They are both top class, leading premiership players, well worth the cheap price!

so would you reccomend trying to shift kenwyne on?

maybe buy a younger striker in a similar mould, but will actually get goals?

Kept Ronaldo for 3 years, first season he was class and was my top scorer (great in the big games and excellent on 1 on 1 situations).

I kept him until he retired, didnt play much in his 3rd season but most my squad had him as favourite person and hes good for training young players...

blew my remaining budget on van nistelroy... if he ever gets fit im sure he'll do a job haha

now im just starting to re-arrange my backroom, which really i should of done at the start lol

any good coach reccomendations?

Well I'm getting Becks in Jan.
But got Ronaldo now, he's playing pretty decent!
Go for them both I'd say.

it was ronaldo or nistelroy

i went with ruud, and i suppose i could sell him for the 3mil i paid next season if he doesnt work haha

they are both class for a season, beckham could last 2 i think but ronaldo has poor stamina and low pace, i think in the prem he will struggle...............get beckham but not homer