David Haye V Wladimir Klitschko July 2nd

thfc_09

Reaction score
David Haye's heavyweight unification fight with Wladimir Klitschko will take place in Hamburg on July 2, it has been confirmed.
The WBA champion will take on the IBF and WBO title holder at the Imtech Arena - the home of Hamburg FC - almost two years after it was originally due to take place.
The Klitschko Management Group revealed on Wednesday that a deal had been reached with the 57,000-seater stadium to stage the bout, which is expected to be shown in more than 150 countries.

Hamburg to host Haye fight | Sky Sports | Home | Panel

I must admit, I had written off the chances of this fight going ahead, since Haye's retirement date is edging closer and closer.

Too close to call, this one. Looking forward to it.

Think Haye's gonna beat him tbh..

Got a £4 bet on Haye to win it in the 8th round. If I win, £104 pay off :D Come on Haye!!

I want Haye to win. I don't think he will.

Looking forword to this, cousin trying to get tickets as this MIGHT be haye's last ever fight.

But C'MON HAYE! , might put a bet on.

I think Haye has played this very smart indeed, He would never of beated Wlad 12-18months ago when the fight was first takled off, as has demanded stupid fees, and cancelled one fight, so he could get him when he was on the decline and near the end, Expect haye to win, But for me

Wlad > Haye

Hoping Haye gets knocked out, noting against the guy but just like Klitschko and didn't like the way he bottled the fight a while ago.

I like both fighters and am just looking forward to the fight. Both are really good fighters with completely different styles and both have a lot of charisma in different ways.
I dont have a preference but I think Haye will win it, Wlad is past it and he knows it, he doesnt want this fight but doesnt want to appear as a bottler hence him asking for ridicules clauses hoping that would back out.
Going for an 8th round K.O for Haye.

I like both fighters and am just looking forward to the fight. Both are really good fighters with completely different styles and both have a lot of charisma in different ways.
I dont have a preference but I think Haye will win it, Wlad is past it and he knows it, he doesnt want this fight but doesnt want to appear as a bottler hence him asking for ridicules clauses hoping that would back out.
Going for an 8th round K.O for Haye.

Not all Wladimir's fault the fight didn't go ahead earlier. Haye was demanding ridiculous money as well, he wanted to wait as long as possible for him to be on the decline.

Not all Wladimir's fault the fight didn't go ahead earlier. Haye was demanding ridiculous money as well, he wanted to wait as long as possible for him to be on the decline.
Haye was asking for 50% of everything which he is entitles to. Wlad wouldnt fight unless he got all the champions privileges dispite both being champions.

Not only that, at first, Haye didn't feel 50/50 was correct on tv money because it was calculated that his side would actually bring up nearer 75% of the full TV revenue. Haye has actually conceded at least 25% of tv money, second in the ringwalk and the venue just to make the fight happen. But, the Klitschko's do that with everyone, it makes them feel comfortable.

I can only assume anyone wanting the Wladimir to win, or liking him for that matter is not a fan of boxing to be honest. What they have done to the division over the years is terrible, bringing it to the state it was in.

Haye was asking for 50% of everything which he is entitles to. Wlad wouldnt fight unless he got all the champions privileges dispite both being champions.

At the start Haye wanted 60% as felt it was unfair due to the television money. Both are to blame and both could have made it happen earlier. Main thing is that it is happening now :)

What exactly have they done? I'm just curious.

Really?

For years they have been cherry picking bums and worn out fighters, people like Shannon Briggs (The Asthmatic) or Corrie Sanders. Wladimir is the more guilty of the two when it comes to this, but its understandable due to his chin and I can completely understand it even if it is bad for the sport. Just look at the recent records for both of the fighters and find someone you can name as a truly top class fighter.

Really?

For years they have been cherry picking bums and worn out fighters, people like Shannon Briggs (The Asthmatic) or Corrie Sanders. Wladimir is the more guilty of the two when it comes to this, but its understandable due to his chin and I can completely understand it even if it is bad for the sport. Just look at the recent records for both of the fighters and find someone you can name as a truly top class fighter.

Completely agree with you, but there are absolutely no top class fighters in the heavyweight division.

Well, no, I agree with that. But there have been better fighters that they have been avoiding, such as Valuev and Ruiz. Obviously they are not "top" class, but still better than the majority, and thats the reason they avoided them.

This will be a tactical fight which won't make for great viewing :( . Haye will probably be counter punching early as Wlad will be living off his reach as always (only 3" between them). I don't think Hayes winding up will cause Wlad to fight any different and stop the fight in 4 rounds like Manny believes, it took Wlad 10, 12 and 9 in his last 3 fights against lesser opponents.

I'll watch it on a stream somewhere, but the Heavyweight division blows these days :(