Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day to everyone, I decided over the weekend (as I had some time as my missus was out of town for the weekend) to create a new tactic that captures United's playing style this year and Arsenal's in years gone by... I came up with this tactic that really does capture great team play and many CCC's every game, instead of my normal very defensive style tactics, this is a free-flowing tactic that will hopefully reproduce the type of football that is realistic and fantastic to watch as it has been for me so far.. I have tried it briefly with smaller teams (like mid table teams) and it has worked well but need a few adjustments when taking on the bigger teams.

Please note: This tactic is not for small teams (you are welcome to attempt using it in the Blue Square or relegation threatened teams) but to get the best out of it I suggest using at least the top 8 teams in the respective leagues :)

Deathslayer™

Brand new updated tactic: Away & vs Smaller team tactic for anyone struggling against smaller opposition &
Barcelona emulation tactic (Classic style tactic)
Tactic pack contains 3 different tactics:
download the complete tactic pack below:

Download Link:

Formation screenshots Original Deathlsayer:
View attachment 194461View attachment 194445

In game screenshots:
screenshot 1&2:
View attachment 194432
View attachment 194433
The Amr has endless space after a pass out wide by the right back, the two strikers run into the centre for the cross and the Aml joins in the centre for the cross as well. At the moment it is 3 v 1 for the attacking team! With a decent cross you will score a goal everytime! The ball is crossed in and tucked away by the Aml.

screenshot 3:
View attachment 194434
Your Amr will have countless passing options, the right full backs will overlap (only when there is sufficient cover) as shown by number 2. Option 1 will allow him to take the ball into the box, go for goal or cross to the other options 3&4. The Amr decided to cross in early to 3&4 which resulted in a great low placed goal in the corner by the striker.

screenshot 4:
View attachment 194435
The Str in this ss has the ball just inside the box played in by your Stl who then moves immediately off the ball to create space for himself. The Amr (number 3) provides extra width/options outside with an overlapping run. Hernandez plays in a little pass on the ground for the Stl (number 1) to slot it home 1 v 1 against the helpless goalkeeper.

This tactic provides a lot of width and passing options for players in possession! With the right decisions your players will have many oppurtunities to score many goals :)

Touchline shouts & Settings:

At home:

Pass ball to feet
Work ball into box
Exploit flanks
Retain possession

Away from home:

Pass ball to feet
Get stuck in
Work ball into box

play a more Balanced philosophy as well, especially when the tactic has just been implemented! even set to Defensive, the individual player instructions/roles will allow for the attacking side to come through while still operating defensively!

Opposition instructions:

Ask Assistant Manager, I suggest showing all their Attacking players to their weaker foots and closing down their main playmaker as well as hard tackling on their quicker strikers and wingers

Match results Original Tactic:
View attachment 194449View attachment 194450View attachment 194451View attachment 194452View attachment 194453View attachment 194454View attachment 194455View attachment 194456View attachment 194457View attachment 194462View attachment 194448View attachment 194447View attachment 194440

Match results new Away & vs Smaller team Tactic:
View attachment 195440View attachment 195441View attachment 195442View attachment 195439

Fixtures & League Table:

View attachment 194458View attachment 194459View attachment 194446

Top player screenshots:

View attachment 194436View attachment 194437View attachment 194438View attachment 194439

View attachment 194460View attachment 194442View attachment 194443View attachment 194444

Suggested player types:

Goalkeeper:
Good old fashioned Keeper normal shot stopper etc
(Maarten Stekelenburg, De Gea, Cech)

Full Backs:
Good on defense and positioning, high work rate, good marking, plus: good at running with ball and passing/crossing (Schwaab, Fucile, Jonathan, Gabriel Silva)

Centreback: Left hand side:
Composed and determined, pacey and good anticipation is a must
(Ferdinand, Kjaer)

Centreback: Right hand side:
Big, strong, air machine, just defends! nothing else!
(Vidic, Papadopolous, Terry)

Centre Mid Right:
Good stamina, work rate, teamwork, passing and positioning, good old fashioned Centre mid:
(Moutinho, Jucilei, Javi Martinez, Carrick)

Centre Mid Left:
Work horse Midfielder, stamina, tackling, marking, passing, concentration, fitness, strength and heading ability a bonus
(Palacios, Fernando, Airton, Mariga, Hargreaves, Fletcher)

Wingers:
Quick, agile, determined good decision makers, high flair and dribbling and crossing. Good off the ball movement, teamwork, stamina are also very important.
(Valencia, Navas, Capel, Nani, Ashley Young)

Striker: Stl:
Playmaker forward, DLP, good at passing, high stamina, good at tracking back helping on defence and picking up the ball deep, he will drop deep and and pick up possession. Think Wayne Rooney currently.
(Rooney, Rossi, Del Piero, Berbatov)

Striker: Str:
Poacher, quick and good at finishing, off the ball is beneficial.
(Hernandez, Lavezzi, Welbeck, Pato)

Player types for new away & vs smaller team tactic:

everything stays the same as above except the two strikers:

Striker: Stl:
The new age Poacher, quick, agile good at dribbling, finishing and must have good composure as he will have a lot of the CCC's:
(Pato, Hernandez, Lavezzi)

Striker: Str:
Complete Forward, strong, quick, good at holding up the ball, finishing, passing, heading etc.
(Cavani, Rooney)

Game Play Video's:

[video=youtube;9YPru44HpQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YPru44HpQw[/video][video=youtube;A8fZ9XaK1UA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8fZ9XaK1UA[/video]
[video=youtube;fL6zCFMiEFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL6zCFMiEFU[/video]

Brand new Barca emulation Tactic:
All SS/match results were taken after holidaying the entire 2 seasons...
2nd season lost a few players to not signing new contracts, suffered a bit here...

Formation screenshots:
View attachment 195527View attachment 195528

Match results:
View attachment 195522View attachment 195519View attachment 195516View attachment 195520View attachment 195517View attachment 195521View attachment 195518View attachment 195515

Fixtures & League Table:
View attachment 195525View attachment 195529View attachment 195526View attachment 195530View attachment 195524View attachment 195531

Top player screenshots:
View attachment 195532View attachment 195523

The new Barca tactic should be a plug and play as there are no roles/duties etc.
Smallest pitch size needs to be selected.
Playmaker and Target man should be your best Cm or even Amc if you want... this ensures the ball is played to him at every chance available to get the most passes and possession/chances created from him.
All the same Assistant manager instructions as above, same match prep.

Match prep:

Team blend until most are fluid then attacking movement/positioning

When about to play big teams set it to defensive positioning

Important notes:

All three tactics use the same touchline shouts as mentioned above, I suggest putting them all into your match prep and use the original tactic for the big teams, the Amc tactic for similar teams even (or if you want a little change in tactics/formations) and the new away & vs smaller teams tactic against those pesky minnows :)

Please change focus passing to mixed and not both flanks on the original tactic, this was just a little tweak I tested out in 1 game and saved/uploaded it as is! It is meant to be mixed!

• You can untick the playmaker if you want to as well.. the DLF - Stl. I had this specifically for Rooney as he is the Playmaker for United, however the tactic will be fine without it on as well

• If you feel that the defenders push up too much and a few through balls are played in behind/over the defence, set the Cbr to close down the exact same as the Cbl and set his tackling to medium! if you have a quickish defender with good anticipation (similar to the Cbl) change the Cbr role to Cover as well :)

• Once tactic has become fluid in mostly every department, you can change the philosophy to Very Fluid if you feel the need to. (be careful though, could be detrimental)
Field size: Large works the best as it uses the width and the centre of the pitch as well

• I hope this tactic works as well for you as it has for me, this is the only unbeaten season I have ever had in any Cm or Fm so far :) Unbeaten in any competition, not league, Ecl, Cup's nothing!

Feel free to leave comments or criticism, this tactic WILL NOT WORK for everyone and every team, I have just tried to replicate how United have played so far and Arsenal back in the day with their free flow form of attacking football..

Cheers, Neil

Last edited:
May give this a go with Molde, similar to my usual 4-4-2/4-2-4, but you are getting some impressive results.

hi there,

i see you say that when tactic become fluid you can change the philo to very fluid. my question: how can you see that your team's tactic has become fluid?

good stuff guys, hope it gives you good results ;) as well as capturing the gameplay I have been experiencing with it!

hi there,

i see you say that when tactic become fluid you can change the philo to very fluid. my question: how can you see that your team's tactic has become fluid?
go onto match preperation then click on the current tactic

hi there,

hey bud, click the match prep tab (button) far right under your main heading's: the tactic will show with another 2 slots: click the tab that has the tactics name you are currently using and a list of headings will come up: Formation/Closing down etc and the bars will indicate how fluid your players are with the tactic, sorry cannot take SS as not on Fm at the moment :)

thanks mate. enough info to understand it! gonna test that when i am back home.. Thanks!

PS: oh and btw, what skin are you using?

Last edited:
no you don't at all mate :) the tactic already does the instructions anyway, just good to reinforce them!

Top tactic. Wingers pwn on FM11. Very well presented too btw.. :)

Brilliant tactic thanks Raikan007
thanks mate, are you using it currently?

Top tactic. Wingers pwn on FM11. Very well presented too btw.. :)
cheers Mike :) yeah, a lot of people mate the narrow tactics with no wingers as everyone says this Fm was not made/designed for wing type tactics, I disagree (I have made one too) but I enjoy wing play, this especially really gets the wingers involved and when they cross, it actually has an end product..

have you tested it out?

Good tactic mate, may seem stupid but why don't you think it won't work for lower league teams? Cheers

cheers Mike :) yeah, a lot of people mate the narrow tactics with no wingers as everyone says this Fm was not made/designed for wing type tactics, I disagree (I have made one too) but I enjoy wing play, this especially really gets the wingers involved and when they cross, it actually has an end product..

have you tested it out?

4-3-3 was the way last year, 4-2-4 this year. Haven't tested your tactic out but have used 4-2-4 with Inside Forwards since I got FM11 and with Arsenal have won 13 back to back league titles with it.

4-3-3 was the way last year, 4-2-4 this year. Haven't tested your tactic out but have used 4-2-4 with Inside Forwards since I got FM11 and with Arsenal have won 13 back to back league titles with it.

4-5-1 pwned for me last year, but 4-2-4 with InFw is the tactic to use on this one. Only difference with mine and Raikan's is probably the MCL for me is a BallWinning CM(Def).

Good tactic mate, may seem stupid but why don't you think it won't work for lower league teams? Cheers
I am not sure to be honest, don't want people using it for like the worst teams in the league and getting horrible results :) I guess every tactic I make can be used for any team in any league :) you are more than welcome to try it though and let me know