Taral

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm about to start a Man United save and I'm searching for a godlike-potential deep lying playmaker (support, centre midfielder). Basically I've got two great players for this role - Scholes and Giggs. But Scholes is probably going to retire after this season and Giggs is good for 2 seasons max. So I want to find a player who could learn from them and become best deep lying playmaker (support, centre midfielder) in the world.

I'm going to play him along ball winning midfieldier and give him playmaker role.

PS I know there are great advanced playmakers, but I'm sure I'm looking for a player who can become best deep lying playmaker (support, centre midfielder) in the whole game. ;)

Sigurdson(spelling) from Swansea/Hoffenheim is great, but you'll have to retrain him to MC, he's just accomplished there. Also Eriksen from Ajax is a great choice.

rodwell is a beast for me

and jake forster caskey is a cheap option who has turned out excellent on mine

I don't think either Badelj or Sigurdsson are good enough. I think Rodwell is better defensive midfielder or ball winning midfielder and Eriksen, well, he's too much of a attacking midfielder. I believe Forster-Caskey will never reach world class (if I'd like to gamble I'd use Pogba, who also never reaches world class).

Any other thoughts (maybe with your experience)?

Ever Banega is definitely one of the best playmakers in the game, a bit expensive though

Milan Badelj will be one of the best DEEP LYING PLAYMAKERS in the game! Trust me ;)

I don't think either Badelj or Sigurdsson are good enough. I think Rodwell is better defensive midfielder or ball winning midfielder and Eriksen, well, he's too much of a attacking midfielder. I believe Forster-Caskey will never reach world class (if I'd like to gamble I'd use Pogba, who also never reaches world class).

You would think that at the start(Rodwell), but his natural progression makes him a world class DLPM

Without a doubt, Ever Banega. I have him on my Chelsea save as a DLP - support, and he just pings passes everywhere. finished last season as the most accurate passer with 96% and gets me assists regular. Also isnt shy of having a pop, usually with success, from range ;)

If not Banega. Definitely get Rodwell.

Andrea Poli is unavailable at the start because he has a sale clause in his loan contract with Inter.

Thanks for your thoughts on Rodwell and Banega but I think they're too much of injury prone players for me.

Badelj has been downgraded after the winter update and Verratti won't be world class.

Have you got anyone else for me? The player can be very young, I'm planning to train and tutor him anyway.

Andrea Poli is unavailable at the start because he has a sale clause in his loan contract with Inter.

Thanks for your thoughts on Rodwell and Banega but I think they're too much of injury prone players for me.

Badelj has been downgraded after the winter update and Verratti won't be world class.

Have you got anyone else for me? The player can be very young, I'm planning to train and tutor him anyway.

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen is a good start, a young, extremely cheap player. If you're looking at the more expensive end of things, Modric is about as good as you can get in that role, and there are many others: Bastian Schweinsteiger, Riccardo Montolivo and Marvin Martin to name but three. Otherwise, Ander Herrera, Dani Parejo, Steven Davis, Axel Witsel, Jonathan De Guzman and Arouca can all be moulded to fit. Perhaps Josh McEachran too.

One thing though, if you are looking to play him alongside a ball winning mid, look to pick a playmaker with decent positioning if possible. More often that not he will be the last midfielder in front of your defence while your BWM steps up the pitch to win the ball.

trust me mate...rodwell in a 2 as the dlp is immense...i'm in 5th season and he just eats up assists...and i did say forster was the cheap option what with utd's debts and so on :) he's more than adequate back up on mine

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen is a good start, a young, extremely cheap player. If you're looking at the more expensive end of things, Modric is about as good as you can get in that role, and there are many others: Bastian Schweinsteiger, Riccardo Montolivo and Marvin Martin to name but three. Otherwise, Ander Herrera, Dani Parejo, Steven Davis, Axel Witsel, Jonathan De Guzman and Arouca can all be moulded to fit. Perhaps Josh McEachran too.

I've checked the players and I see that Jenssen and Davis look good but for smaller teams (there they would be beasts - in Man United not especially), Modric is a bit expensive (50 million, otherwise I think I would buy him), Witsel is good but also - considering his ability and potential - too expensive. Talking about money - Schweinsteiger is impossible to buy.

Montolivo, Martin, Herrera, Parejo and De Guzman don't seem to be good enough for me (I'm looking for Scholes and Giggs replacement! ;)).

Arouca on the other hand looks great, I will observe him closely.

Any other thoughts? (Maybe players young enough to get the "home-grown mark"? :))

PS Thanks for the advice Mike! :)

Knew I'd forgotten someone. Guido Pizarro is a personal favourite of mine. Don't know if he's up to United scratch, but he's young and relatively cheap. Perhaps Jucilei too.

I think you should lower your expectations. You seem to be looking for the very pinnacle of DLPs, and they don't come cheap, nor are they very common, and nor are there many home grown ones. I know Mike.'s had success using Joe Allen in a utility role that encompasses DLP aspects. If you don't think Montolivo and Martin are good enough, then, well, you might have some trouble finding someone, since they're elite deep playmakers.

Knew I'd forgotten someone. Guido Pizarro is a personal favourite of mine. Don't know if he's up to United scratch, but he's young and relatively cheap. Perhaps Jucilei too.

I think you should lower your expectations. You seem to be looking for the very pinnacle of DLPs, and they don't come cheap, nor are they very common, and nor are there many home grown ones. I know Mike.'s had success using Joe Allen in a utility role that encompasses DLP aspects. If you don't think Montolivo and Martin are good enough, then, well, you might have some trouble finding someone, since they're elite deep playmakers.

I can't find Guido Pizzaro on my save. :<

Joe Allen looks nice and cheap, will think about him.

Maybe Martin would be good (I think I exaggerated a bit) but Montolivo definitely isn't for me. Jucilei also looks nice but more as a ball winning midfielder for me.

Any other findings?

PS What do you think about Felipe Anderson from Santos? Will he - with appropriate training and tutoring - become good as a DLP?