puckinfissed

Reaction score
Hi,

Im kinda new to FM 2010, have been playing cm 0102 all these years..
As for the tactic side of this game its completly different, alot more in-depth.. Im struggling to make a good tactic.

I see many people that make tactics on here going on about how many goals their tactic can score..
For me i prefer a tactic thats concedes hardly any.. id take a 1-0 win over a 5-2 / 6-3 scorline anyday!

Is it possible to do this on fm?

Yes, most of the tactics on that show off about their goal rate probably used a corner tactic. A tactic with a good defence is dependent on the partnership between your centre backs. Try having a Ball Playing Defender on Stopper and Limited Defender on Cover if you play Counter Attacking football or if you are attacking try to push high up with an offside trap.

This lowers the amount of goals you would concede but if you ever thing of using 3 CB, think about it since if the opposition uses 3 attackers then it would fail considerably especially if you're wingers are set as wingbacks since the outer defenders will stretch to cover the Attacking wingers leaving it 1 on 1 in the centre and if you Fullbacks stay an defend so it ends up 5 vs 3 then you are lacking 1 player up the field so have a look at the opponent before choosing which tactic to use.

i usually favour the fast defender/ big defender combo

I cant make a decent tactic, or make the players how i want them too play..

I want to have possesion, patience - simple passing game.. and win!! how can i do this.. i need advice from someone who knows the ins and outs of this game cus every tactic i make i end up losing to weaker teams even at home! someone give me some advice please