Swapping Swansea City For Tottenham Hotspur

Daniel Carter

Reaction score
attachment.php

Breaking News: Sousa Out, Carter In

Note: I have now left Swansea for Tottenham, and will continue the story in this thread after being swans boss for 5 seasons.

jack.gif

Swansea City have today revealed that ex-Leeds United striker and Luton Town assistant manager, Daniel Carter has been appointed as the new manager of Swansea City to succeed Paulo Sousa who takes up a new role as Neath FC coach. Many fans were quite alarmed by the appointment with Carter's lack of experience having only been an assistant manager at League 2, Luton Town but after his recent interview with BBC sport, he had a keen interest for the fans of Swansea City and made it clear what he aims to do with the side.

Carter had a strong link with premier league side Birmingham after a outburst between Alex Mcleish and the chairman resulted in Mcleish's contract being terminated, however Carter dismissed interest in the job and turned to his child-hood team and aims to take them to the next level. Carter Said -

"After being such a big fan of Swansea City growing up and until now, it's a massive dream come true for me and my family. I have been keeping tabs on the swans ever since I started supporting them and would watch the scores every saturday and see how they got on. To actually be able to take charge of the club, in such a big league is a great dream come true. I was aware that Birmingham were interested in securing my signature however the move to Swansea was too big to turn down."

"I sat down with Huw Jenkins on Tuesday afternoon and we discussed what sort of things I would like to bring to Swansea, the style of play, our aims and he seemed overall very pleased. He announced the tight transfer budget I had to work with but I had no problems with that, as the current set of players I believe are good enough to take the team to the next level."

" I had a call late on wednesday evening from Huw and he said he would like to offer me the job. I was the easiest choice of my career and accepeted it there and then. He called a press conference on Thursday morning and we confirmed everything there and then."

Carter took charge of Swansea and within 2 days of being appointed, played his first league game. How strange? It was the team he left to join Swansea, Bristol City. Goal updates will be followed on the Swans Travels.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

england-swansea-city.png
vs
england-bristol-city.png

As told, former Brisol City manager Daniel Carter took charge of Rivals Swansea City to find out he would face his former team 2 days later. During his first training session on Friday Morning, Vice Captain, Alan Tate, spoke to BBC Sport expalining his happiness at the appointment and how confident he was the team could succeed under Carter. Tate Said -

"The first training session was brilliant. He sat us all down and underlined his aims and objectives of what he wanted to do with us. We all felt confident during training and wanted to play well for him. He showed us different techniques which worked well for our style straight away. We were raring to go for Saturday"

Carter took on his former side on Saturday and was full of confidence, and with the team raring to go it was set to be a brilliant showdown. During the match, Swansea started off slowly and going down to a "Cardiff Born" player, Gavin Williams striking the ball through 3 defenders. Swansea reacted suprisingly well and got a goal back through "on-loan" striker Lee Trundle. 1-1.

With 10 minutes left on the clock, and Trundle playing with sky-high confidence you could almost feel what was about to happen. A corner wipped in by Cederic Van Der Gun bounced off the shoulder of the Bristol defender and landed at the feet of Trundle to fire the ball straight past Adriano Basso and send the swans fans into raptures! Trundle had done it against his former club and so had Carter.

Final Score
Swansea City 2-1 Bristol City
(Trundle 2, Gavin Williams)

Last edited:
Decent start, will be following.

Cardiff are a decent team to be fair ;)

NEVER BEAT THE JACKS! What's that, 2-1 CARDIFF, CHOPRAAAAA,

good luck :)

Bruno & Swans Beat Barnsley

Bruno Takes charge of Swansea for one game.

0,,10354~7182338,00.jpg

With Daniel Carter away in Spain scouting possible transfer targets, during Swansea City's away game against Barnsley it was up to Bruno Oliviera to take the reigns and supply success for Carter. With Carter away it seemed Bruno applied a part of his own tactics, with quick slick movement and direct passing. Bruno seemed to do all of the management team proud after the team came out 2-1 winners with goals from Nathan Dyer & Ashley Williams. The win took the swans from 13th up to the playoff places in 6th place.

Carter returned to the Swansea camp last week and takes back the reigns for Swansea City's home match against Sheffield United.

Congratulations Bruno!

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

attachment.php

Swansea snap up two united youths.

fabian-james.jpg

Swansea City have snapped up two manchester united youngsters on loan. The two youngsters have been at United since the age of 18 years old and have relished a 3 month loan move away to gain much needed match time. Matt James & Febian Brandy make them move in time and both are put into the team to face Doncaster Rovers. Febian Brandy returns to familiar grounds having spent a 2 month loan period at the swans in 2008/2009. Brandy Said -

"It's a great achievement to come back to my old team, as it shows I possibly impressed at my last stay. When they decided to let me go back to United It did make me feel sad inside, which seems crazy as it's man united but I would rather play for a big team like Swansea. I can't wait to make it onto the pitch again."

The two captures showed the aims from Carter by capturing two youngsters from United and it shows the ambition from Swansea.

Updated from the match against Doncaster will be posted below, along with reports on there perfomances.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

doncaster.png
VS
jack.gif

When Swansea City travelled they had two new faces to welcome to the team, With Matt James making the bench and Febian Brandy starting upfront alongside Craig Beattie it looked exciting for Swansea and the rest of the team.

The match started with a high tempo, but it was the home side who struck first. The swans looked suprisingly shaky and threatened to loose another goal, but it was then up to veteran defender Alan Tate to claim his first bit of glory for the season, claiming his first goal of the season with the simplest of tap-ins. The swans pressed on after that and the goal looked to give them a whole new shaft of confidence, with Alan Tate rising above two donny defenders and powerfully heading the ball into the roof of the net. The defenders second goal, and Swansea's second. The swans team shut out all donny attacks after that and went on to claim there much deserved victory. A good opening perfomance from Brandy however Matt James failed to make an appearance off the bench. Things are looking good for Swans who lie in 5th place, inside the playoffs.

Whats next for Daniel Carter and his men?

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

attachment.php

Carter to go back and re-install interest in ex striker?

Daniel-Bogdanovic-Barnsley_2089984.jpg

Daniel Carter looks to go back along old routes and re-install interest in former striker, Daniel Bogdanovic who he signed on loan whilst at Barnsley. While he played for Bristol City he played 5 games scoring 7 goals, and since Carter's departure from Bristol he has kept up his goal scoring trait taking his tally 10 goals. Carter had made it clear in recent interviews he will go back to his old club, and bring back interest in the player.

Whilst the pair teamed up at Bristol they formed a great relationship and recent reports have claimed Bogdanovic has been playing so well aiming to force Carter to return to caputure his signature. Carter Said -

"I will not deny our interest in Daniel as he's such a great asset to any team and is the type of player who knows where the net is. I can however deny that any approach to Bristol or Barnsley has been made as we are still weighing up possible targets. We will think about the situation carefully over the coming weeks"

It is yet to be known if Daniel would be happy with a move to South Wales to meet up with his ex boss but it has been known that he would be over the moon to team up with Carter again.

Will there be a new addition and a new friendship at Swansea?

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Swansea City have gone ahead with speculating linking Bogdonavic with the Swans having signed him on a 3 year contract for 1.6M. He has been in fine form this year having scored 15 goals for Bristol City. As well as securing the services of Daniel, Swansea have signed on-loan striker legend Lee Trundle on a 2 year contract until 2011 with the option of him becoming a coach at the end of the contract.

_44023561_lee_trundle_203.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Swansea to improve training facilities.

0,,10354~217340,00.jpg

The Board Room of Swansea City have today confirmed they will expand the Training facilities & Youth Facilities. A statement from the Board said that the size of the current training grounds were not big enough for the size of Swansea City and the club size.

The board said they will spend the money "accordingly" to improve the club and improve training proceedures for the whole club.
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...ure&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1R2TSEH_enGB351&tbs=isch:1

Last edited:
Recent Results from Swansea City

coca-cola-championship.jpg

Swansea 2-0 Q.P.R
Ipswich 1-0 Swansea
West Brom 4-1 Swansea
Swansea 3-1 Blackpoo
Scunthorpe 2-1 Swansea
Swansea 1-2 Cardiff
Derby 3-3 Swansea

Overall, after talking to BBC Sport, Daniel Carter has told us he has mixed feelings about the last 7 games. Carter Said -

"Obviously we would of liked to of won more matches, but the challenge in this league is very great and its difficult to win every match. Our attentions now turn to Newcastle in 5 days and hopefully we can get 3 points."

Swansea face Newcastle at St James's Park. Updates to follow.

Recent Results from Swansea City

coca-cola-championship.jpg

Swansea 2-0 Q.P.R
Ipswich 1-0 Swansea
West Brom 4-1 Swansea
Swansea 3-1 Blackpoo
Scunthorpe 2-1 Swansea
Swansea 1-2 Cardiff
Derby 3-3 Swansea

Overall, after talking to BBC Sport, Daniel Carter has told us he has mixed feelings about the last 7 games. Carter Said -

"Obviously we would of liked to of won more matches, but the challenge in this league is very great and its difficult to win every match. Our attentions now turn to Newcastle in 5 days and hopefully we can get 3 points."

Swansea face Newcastle at St James's Park. Updates to follow.

What were you like when you lost to the mighty bluebirds

I'm also called 'Daniel Carter' xD How funny would it be if we had the same middle name?

Good luck.

What were you like when you lost to the mighty bluebirds

Gutted mate. the team didnt show up but Cardiff didn't deserve the win either. they got two lucky goals. but we move on.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Young player of the month is announced.

FabienBrandy_995725.jpg

Swansea City's on loan striker, Febian Brandy has come runner up in this months Young Player Of The Month. Scoring 4 Goals in 3 matches was enough to gain Brandy a place in this months top 3. Congratulations!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_yWNX-RuX4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_yWNX-RuX4[/ame]
was your game vs cardiff like that :)

Swans go on three game unbeaten run.

Swansea have recently picked up form in there last 3 games, after going on a 3 game unbeaten run.

The swans took on Peterborough, Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday. They were victorious in there first two games, winning them both by 2-1. They were unable to win there third game, which ended in a draw however Carter was pleased with the players effort.

The swans take on reading in there next championship fixture, updates to follow.