Bristol City - Regoli - Story, Tactics & an Aim for Success.

Regoli

Reaction score
My Bristol City story so far.

Could only get 3 players in, one that the chairman got in for me, 2 on loan. Because I disable first window transfers (Tried to sign some other good players on frees but no funds for sign on fees so could not)

This is my second game, I played half a season when the game first came out as MK Dons, but got allot of crash dumps so stopped playing until the most recent patch and the other day. Being honest I was doing awful, and 14th in league, probably sack coming up but was confident would of turned it around. I did things wrong in the dressing room and used the wrong tactics for the team. To me FM15 is allot more sensitive in the way you use your tactics and how good the dressing room is, and you have to be careful with finances something I've used my experience on with Bristol City now.

1st in the league and had built up about a 10 point gap, and was keeping clean sheets, but 2 x 2-2 draws let other teams catch up a bit, but confident we can still achieve top 2l. Scored 40 Goals and conceded just 14 in the league so far! (17 games)

In the quarter finals of the carling cup, played it well in the media as managers where getting arrogant they was going to beat us easy, but instead I just went out with my attacking formation and beat Villa, Cardiff & Derby, and I'm hopeful of beating Southampton at home in the quaters, just need the right preparation and the game to go well on the day.

Play fast attacking football (with short passes) very exciting football style scoring allot of goals, closing down allot, yet the board says in confidence that the fans think the football is less than exciting? Don't make any sense...

The formation shown in one of the screenshots below (4-2-3-1) is the one I usually play changing mentally from defensive to control to attacking, but usually start of attacking to try get an early goal. I often stick it on overload for the fun, which seems to work if used in the right games and at the right time. I also drop the AM position into DM, when needed, with other players defending more, and sometimes drop my wingers back. (Also change player roles depending on how they are playing) If you want to look at other areas of my tactics let me know.

Want to get into the championship and see how I do, maybe it will be hard, but will see about a mid table spot if possible, hopefully more, in the first season there (When I get there) I would like to reach the premiership with Bristol City, but if I get a tempting offer, I would consider it, as I'm ambitious, and want to build up my managing career. Eventually my aim is to manage in the premiership, and the big leagues abroad and see what happens. (Can speak English, Italian & Spanish so that is an advantage)

But for now, its about Bristol City, more to come in the future.

Last edited:
I've got this team so drilled, they just never give in, the team spirit is high, and with such attacking football, so far dominating league 1! Burns has scored some key goals, good to build up confidence in young players to help them push on.

Beat Southampton at home also and got Semi final with Man City Carling Cup. More to come soon.

In the Semi Final of the Capital One Cup to face Man City.

In the Quater final, we was getting dominated for the first 20 minutes, so I went mad at the players, demanded much more from them, and went a bit more attacking, within minutes we scored a goal, and just when we needed a bit of luck as well, they got a man sent off. The rest of the game was just holding onto the lead and winning the game with some careful tactics, defense did great.

leiW88O.png

Form has again been great in the league, we now have a 13 point lead at the top having only lost 2 matches so far. I currently have a 78% win ratio so far as Bristol City manager this season!

AyUUL9E.png

One more away game in the league, which I'll rest all my best players, then we got the first leg at home vs Man City. This will easily be my most difficult game so far, doubtful we will go through but I'll try my best for us to get a result at home especially, but preperation and tactics on the day are key.

More to come.

Last edited:
Man City at home. Put DM on, and used control, and we got a great early goal, and missed 2-3 other chances, then we was getting dominated most of the game, but City missed chances and had a few shots wide. But we stayed tight, held on and in the final minutes we hit the post! Great results, now should come the much harder part playing them away.

JbFx7ex.png

This is what I'm talking about with how important team spirit is, and tactics at the right time/saying/changing the rights things on the pitch etc.

Away to Doncaster ahead of away trip to Man City, playing mostly my second/reserve team. We played poor, very poor, just wild shots when we did shoot. Doncaster 1-0 up missed chances, went 2-0 up (But should have been 4-0 at that time) as we was 2-0 down, we had nothing to lose, made some subs, and changed my DM position to AM, and went to overload mentally, full on attack, loads of space in the middle. Doncaster had some more chances, but we dug deep pushed forward and made a dramatic come back, and scored an equaliser in added time, this in a game where we played very poor and with a second team mostly.

TxA5Yrs.png

Okay we got hammered by City away, but came away with a 1-1 draw after City missing so many chances, to reach the Final of the Capital One Cup to face Man Utd! Incredible!!! (I was to speechless to speak to the media!)

YUM2ynY.png

OaVKj3e.png

Last edited:
Our best in form right winger out for the final Man Utd few days before the game. (Vuckic also not very fit so starts on the bench)

4UUfYUM.png

We face the impossible:
cNfqsxS.png

But I'm setting my team not to hold back:
7WOLTU0.png

Van Gaal admits nerves at Man Utd ahead of the final:

TizFNfP.png

Last edited:
Last minute call, decided to risk Vuckic with 86% condition up front. Went with 4-1-2-2-1 and a bit more on defensive side to start with.

We played well first half, and went into the lead thanks to a free kick from freeman. Proud to go ahead at half time. In the second half Man Utd picked it up allot, then we hit the post, and few minutes later UTD scored, and 10 minutes later they scored again to take the lead, and then not long after we hit the post again! Tried to get an equaslizer late on but they was to strong in the end, so we lost in the final 2-1.

Proud of the players for playing so well in the final, the tactics nearly paid of but it was not meant to be.
HK4S09T.png

We have an amazing 18 point lead in league one, so we should win the league soon, meaning a trophy in my first season with Bristol and total domination of the league, with a final in the capital one cup to boot (Though we went out early in the other cups)

SqJutqj.png

Last edited:
Bristol City Promoted to the Championship with 9 games to spare!
S3myjcn.png

Board sets initial budget (First time I'll have money to spend! but will be careful)

lDIbH4c.png

League 1 title secured. Now do I have to do back to back promotions to PL for people to comment or just not Bristol City fans/ or shocked how well we done? I'm not a Bristol City fan either! But usually start with random teams in league 1 & 2. I will continue with the story all the same.

rruTsni.png

Won league 1 as expected after total domination, and captial one cup final. 71% win record as Bristol city manager.

Final league table:

zE00R6f.png

oB5Xk4E.png

Going into the new season, about a 2.9 Mil transfer kitty, but wages are tight, so had to becareful who I sign, and I've not spent most of the transfer money to keep the club in good standing for the future,
but made some okay signings to improve the team and march on in the championship:

S6bRzZn.png

Going into the season, the bookies have us down as finishing 18th!

kqSgXV6.png

Start of season got 3 of my key players out injuried and Williams not fit yet (Smith, Thomas & Vuckic - who I signed end of last season for another season loan)
So went with this line up for the first game of the season:

qPPejJi.png

And we just dominated the game to win 4-1 with 3 debut goals! Not without more injuries to the first team though:

zafPgGX.png

More to come.

Last edited:
My more cautious formation from last season seems to be working well, after 5 games top of the championship after a 2-1 away win at Blackpool, and this with three of my key players still out. (Getting Vuckic fit again)
Though going to have to work on Thomas playing in CM more naturally to fit in better with this formation when he's back, if things keep going good with this.

lpL4Qt7.png

TW3LVjq.png

Table:

0Km1T7Q.png