Developing Youth Players?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mijaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 3K

Mijaan

Reaction score
I have a youth player coming through the ranks, accoridng to my coach he's got the potential to be a leading premier league striker in the future. his stats are going up and he's looking to be my wonder kid in the next couple of seasons. He's only 16 but when he turns 17 i will sign him on a professional contract.

Anyway i was wondering.

I wanna nuture this guys ability and get the best out of his potential.

Any tips on doing that?
(this player is a newgen and won't appear in your game. I'm playing a custom team in the 50m challenge and he's a generated youth player from my academy.)
I'm hoping for him to become a top english international striker too!

Any help? :D

give him a good training schedule since hes still young dont make it intensive keep it medium..then keep making it more intensive when he gets older abit..try give him some first team match experience like - when your like 2-0 up just sub him on for last 20mins or so..

if you think hes good enough then play him first team from the start..

i've tried tutoring but he didnt accept it. I'm playing blackburn next and i'm thinking of putting him on the bench

i've let him have 15 minutes of play before against weaker sides when we're winning, i might just do it every now n then. will probably help.

jst bring him on in 2nd half and see if he makes an impact if he does play him a bit more

aye thats the plan. I would love him to score a goal, that would boost his confidence

I'd suggest teach him some moves and see how he reacts on the pitch?
Also use Tugs training to get the best out of him on the training ground could really benifit him.

Good luck:)

Aye i've got him going under tugs youth strikers training atm.
But i'll be fine tuning it as he gets abit older.
I really want him to be englands next wonderkid in my game :P That would be amazing i've never had a really good youth player come through :P

On my game ive nurtured a 16 year old youth player.. into a 21 year old world class winger, who is the best player for both club and country =]

All bow down to Kenny Booth =]

well as soon as the lad turned 17, i gave him frst team oppurtunities AS MUCH as i could.

It seemed to help his development quite alot and his attributed have been raising constantly and now hes 21 there still raising..

good luk mate

EDIT - He is a left winger btw, and i had him tutored by 2 different players.

These where Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery

Striker aswell ah , the hardest position to nurture.

You could always just play him , i made a left winger played him for 4 seasons at Leeds and then sold him for 8m to Villa.But i may of sacrificed alot of results in the process.

but guess get him loaned out to a blue square side ? maybe league 2?

Good to see you support the mighty whites aswell :)

Striker aswell ah , the hardest position to nurture.

You could always just play him , i made a left winger played him for 4 seasons at Leeds and then sold him for 8m to Villa.But i may of sacrificed alot of results in the process.

but guess get him loaned out to a blue square side ? maybe league 2?

Good to see you support the mighty whites aswell :)

indeed i do :)

i'll play around see what i can do. tried some first team experience, he didnt amount to much but wasnt terrible either. just averaged out really.

Is your created team in the premiership by the way?

I'd just try get him tutored and try string together a good cup run so you can play him more often.

Good luck with him anyway

aye we're in the premier league.
the basic idea of the team was this;
delete a prem side (not a major one) so i deleted fulham
create a new team with no staff and no players
50M transfer funds
certain stadium capacity limits etc and limits of other things.
the game gives you an assistant manager for 12 months, a scout and a coach,

you have to buy your entire squad and reserve squad, and fight to stay out of relegation zone in prem league, with only £50M

its not difficult to be fair, but its ALOT of fun.
i mean, i bought this entire squad in so i've been managing them ever since the squad was broguht together and it feels like you're more a part of it than when you take over a normal club.

it's my most enjoyable FM game to date.

Oo sounds pretty cool , might give it a try. It would be better taking your actual tam to glory rather than an original prem side and especially on a budget which makes it difficult.

I think i'm going to start one later on :D and i'd love for a youngester like that to come through my ranks but i've only ever had one and i got rid of him :\

but do you buy the players or do you add them to the database according to value? Because people like senna that are decent for a top 4 cost like 5m, ballack too etc...

I think they do add them up according to the database but i could be wrong.

And yeah if they do it would be fairly easy and i'd be looking for a top 4 finish within the first season

you have to start with 0 players.
none at all.
and buy an entire squad with a budget of 50M
500k wages (though mine became somewhat over that, the board just granted me extra wages without a request)

theres a thread on it close by called the 50M challenge, take a look ;)

if you want any help, feel free to ask.
i'm free to help with anything, got nothing better to do ;)

you have to bid for and bargain for players within the game, only players you will have at the start is your youth team.
you'll have a scout, a coach and an assistant manager all on a 1 year contract

you gotta have a certain size stadium too, and other things like reputation, they can all be found on the 50m challenge thread

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f55/my-50m-challenge-t11771.html

i h8 it when they dont want to be tutored lol a good training session is always best...its a shame your in the prem because otherwise he may have been good enough to start and get some decent competitive matches under his belt.
have you thought about loaning him out?

Back