Devising a statistical analysis of tutoring and training

Reaction score
As many of you are interested in turning talent into fantastic world beaters, I've decided to do something akin to this. For those who don't have an SI forum account, it's basically taking away the variables and isolating each ability (hidden and shown) to see what effect it has on training. So, for this I've been setting up a list of abilities and factors I want to check for FM 2011 when it comes out;

• Determination, professionalism, ambition and work rate, performance, club and league fame, training intensity, match practice, opposition fame effect and morale's on CA.
  • Determination's effect on CA decrease due to age.
  • What tutoring method is most suitable depending on player squad statuses.
  • Maybe go into what kind of team talk would be suitable depending on hidden abilities (e.g. personality).

These two threads are good, if old, for a general grasp of this. I want to explore whether some of these hold true for FM11, and the information could thus be used by other managers to really get the best out of their players. As you can see, this is a lot of work and I may have forgotten a few factors and variables, so anyone who wants to help is more than welcome to! And I'm gonna post the results on the Member's board (6)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/70803-A-Closer-Look-at-Training.
http://community.sigames.com/showth...ion-The-Fastest-way-to-develop-player-ability

Last edited:
Nice idea. Will probably take quite a bit of work though. If you want any help then give me a shout and I'll see what I can do (I like Statistics, hoping to get in for it and maths at uni next year! :p)

Cheers, doing a PhD in biochem and microbiology at Strathclyde, so I do quite a bit of stats too, but it's a while ago! My plan is to make midfielders with 10 in everything and increase relevant stats and see if that has any effect. E.g. decrease one stat by five and increase determination by 5 and see what happens.