Dexter

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
Prompted by a quick search only throwing back a single unrelated result, I thought I'd make this thread for those of you on the forum who watch Dexter. Admittedly, I've only recently got into watching it, recommended to me mainly by Redders and Lee, but I think it's a great show.

Season 5 starts airing on the 26th September, so a weeks time. Use this thread for discussion in both upcoming episodes and for past plot-lines.

Not sure I like where the start of season 5 is likely to be headed. With Rita's death, it's likely that Dexter is going to be the one trying to raise the children and I think this will be the focus of the early episodes; which I doubt I'll enjoy much. Dexter v Doakes was one of my preferred plot-lines, and that was before he had so many commitments.

Trailer in Spoiler for Season 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE

Astor's going to **** me off, she's almost as annoying as Rita. Agree that they may go heavy on the kids at first, but from the trailer, it looks awesome.

P.s. The Books pwn.

That trailer looks beast.

Agree about Astor. She started annoying me in Season 4, and now she's even closer to the typical ****-taking teenager age group.

Quinn looks like he's picking up where Doakes left off, which is very good. As I said, that was one of my favourite plot-lines; having Dexter so close to being found out is a good thing. Keeps him on his toes.

Not watched the trailer since Americans seem to be unable to completely give away what's coming up in them, but not nearly as bad as 'next time on ...' at the end of an episode. Didn't watch season 1, only got into it watching the season 2 opening with my girlfriend and been hooked since, seasons 2 and 4 have been the better two imo, not looking forward to 5 with the dynamic it looks like it will have though...

Best programme to come out of the US since the X files (early ones)

For me though, most annoying person in the show is Dexters sister Debz. Foul mouthed slapper.

Best programme to come out of the US since the X files (early ones)

For me though, most annoying person in the show is Dexters sister Debz. Foul mouthed slapper.

Yeh Debs can sometimes get annoying but I think Rita's the worst.

But Rita's wabz = win.

Quite a decent episode to start the season, though most of it was pretty scriptable from the trailer. Looking forward to next weeks episode :)

Yeah it was decent, I wonder where they'll take it from here. Speculation as to possible future victim in spoiler.

And what are the odds of Dexter killing Quinn this season? I hope he does.

Just finished 2nd episode of the new season.

It was good, Dexter back to his usual self, no wife in the way and the kids are going away. Quinn's putting the Kyle Butler face together so that should be interesting next week. Good stuff.

Yeah I am pleased too.

Especially since the kids are out of the way now. Quinn vs. Dexter is on! Deb's loyalties are going to be tested several times this season I imagine.

How do you think it will finally end?

will he get caught? will he get away with it? will another serial killer kill dexter?

i personally want him to get away with it!.....but im told thats not a very PC way to think :p

I personally hope that everybody finds out what he has done, and that it becomes a moral dilemma for the show's cast. They have seen the good side of Dexter, and they know he isn't the heartless monster he sometimes believes he is. However, despite the fact that he only chooses to kill particular people, who some might argue deserve it, it's still murder and they will feel obligated to do something about it, whether they understand his motivations or not.

Started watching this a while ago, and have become completely hooked :( One of the greatest shows that's on TV at the moment in my opinion

started watching this yesterday watched the first season box set bought the season 2 today

Season 5 was :wub: until the finale which was just OK.

Season 6 has been meh

Positives:
Deb - Less annoying than usual and actually kinda interesting.
Brother Sam - Mainly because I like Mos Def and not because the character was all that great.
Dat ***

Negatives:
Stupid Cops
DDK - Yawn. More yawn. Some more yawn. Tyler Durden. Yawn.
Quinn - 4 seasons and still a pointless character
Dexter - Never seems to be at work and instead spends all his time with Brother Sam or doing his own thing.
Jamie Batista - Nice ***** but such an easy cop out for the writers to give Dexter as much free time as he wants.
Mike (The Black Cop) - Was hoping for a new Doakes but nope, done nothing except say the word tableau.
Nerdy Intern - So lame, pretty much everything he says makes me cringe.

I'm quite enjoying it.

Maybe my expectations are generally low.

Im not impressed with season 6,I agree with everything what Lee said especially about Quinn and Jamie Batista

Season 6 has been meh

Positives:
Deb - Less annoying than usual and actually kinda interesting - agreed
Brother Sam - Mainly because I like Mos Def and not because the character was all that great - meh
Dat *** - agreed

Negatives:
Stupid Cops
DDK - Yawn. More yawn. Some more yawn. Tyler Durden. Yawn. - trinity has spoilt Dexter serial killers.
Quinn - 4 seasons and still a pointless character - hate him
Dexter - Never seems to be at work and instead spends all his time with Brother Sam or doing his own thing - true, barely seen him at the office
Jamie Batista - Nice ***** but such an easy cop out for the writers to give Dexter as much free time as he wants - TTM
Mike (The Black Cop) - Was hoping for a new Doakes but nope, done nothing except say the word tableau - I think he'll die.
Nerdy Intern - So lame, pretty much everything he says makes me cringe - Clearly more to come from this guy.

Agree with everything Lee said cept id move all the positive down to the negative 'column' cept dat *** ofc.

Debs just as annoying, the whole shrink thing and suddenly realising Dexter is cold

Mos Def also womped, whole relationship between him and Dex was unbelievable