Jamie92

Reaction score
I'm Newcastle and the opening fixture of the season was the Tyne-Wear Derby and I won 2-1, and although it was quite a scrappy game with plenty of yellows ( my team got 2 and Sunderland got 7) I thought I would praise every player that participated in the game privately since it was the derby. Turns out Jose Enrique, Joey Barton, Wayne Routledge and Shola Ameobi all now are upset and have a poor opinion of me! Now I can understand Barton but why are some players upset?! They just won what is the biggest game of the season up north!

probably because you are not a well known manager who they respect :(

it will change, just try a diff approach like asking more of the player ect

they respond to diff things, trial and error my friend all part of the game

Trial and error, like said above. I have had a few funny ones, like when a 15 year old youth player has a poor opinion of you after a private chat trying to get him to make short passes...he found himself looking a new club shortly after!

in FM2010 when a player was upset it was touch and go if you could play him as he would play rubish
know its not so much of a problem
I like it as it gives you bigger scop to talk to the players

You should not praise every player, only praise those who played a major part in the win cos all these players are professionals whoe expect more of themselves and I'm sure that some of those players had an average game and after that when u praise them they feel that u do not expect more of them and are happy with the current performance