Diósgyőri VTK- The restoration of Hungarian Football

maxy67

Reaction score
View attachment 210814

The Hungarian football team of the 1950’s redefined the sport of soccer, revolutionising the way the game was approached and breaking records by the bucket load. Between June 1950 and the Hungarian Revolution in 1956 the Magnificent Magyars compiled a competitive record of forty-two wins, seven draws and only one defeat. The tragedy is that the defeat came in the final of the 1954 World Cup.

Rarely has a single national side been blessed with as many truly world class players inhabiting a single era. Yet Hungary during the 1950’s could call upon the services of a plethora of international stars. The incomparable Ferenec Puskasarguably the greatest goalscorer in the history of the modern game, with 84 goals in 85 games, captained the team.

"Diósgyőri VTK (Diósgyőr-Ironworks Sport Club) is a Hungarian football club based in Miskolc that plays in the first division of the Hungarian League. The club is one of the highly loved clubs in Hungary

In this story I will try to take Diósgyőri from a newly promoted Hungarian side in League 1, to become the top major club in Hungary. Then to become the most rich, and powerful club in the world eventually. I've given them a sugar daddy to help achieve this goal a bit faster.

Last edited:
View attachment 210815View attachment 210816

So the first season was quite an interesting one, I spent a lot of it getting accustomed to the names of the hungarian sides in the league. The most successful side in Hungary isFerencvárosi TC who amazingly have a Ufea Cup to their name as well as 28 Hungarian titles. Meanwhile Diósgyőri VTK have no major league titles, but have 2 Hungarian Cups to their name which they won in the 1970's. My goal for the first season was to sign a few old heads for cheap, and try to win the league on the first time of asking.

I achieved this goal winning the title by a four point stretch, I also won the Hungarian League cup, which is rated half a star, so thats not much of an achievement. Despite this I'm sad to say that I got knocked out of the Hungarian Cup in the 2nd round, which was a major dissapointment.

My goal for the second season will be to retain the title to try and raise the club up the prestige rankings, as well as try to make a good showing in Europe, the club will be entered into the Champions League, qualifying stages, where I will have to face some of the other champions of smaller leagues in Europe. It is vitally important that I do well in Europe for the Hungarian League to raise up in Prestige from the 2 stars that it is now. View attachment 210817

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]2nd Season European Campaign.[/FONT]

I thought it'd be worthwile, writing up a summary of the second seasons European campaign.

Since [FONT=&quot]Diósgyőri [/FONT]won the league in the first season, we were entered in the European cup Qualifying Round 2.

The first round of European ties, put us against Maribor of Slovenia, in a game in which we were massive underdogs. However 2 Brilliant results got us into the next round of qualifying.

2nd Season European Campaign.

I thought it'd be worthwile, writing up a summary of the second seasons European campaign.

Since Diósgyőri won the league in the first season, we were entered in the European cup Qualifying Round 2.

The first round of European ties, put us against Maribor of Slovenia, in a game in which we were massive underdogs. However 2 Brilliant results got us into the next round of qualifying.

View attachment 210841View attachment 210842

Next stop would be Sparta Prague the Czech Champions a game I thought we'd never win. However I was again proven extremley wrong, two easy victories.

View attachment 210843View attachment 210844

Next we defeated the Finnish Champions FC Inter, with relative ease to put us through to the European Cup group stages- the furthest this team has ever been in any european competition.

View attachment 210846View attachment 210847

In the Group Stages we did terribly, although I was just happy to make it there, up against the European Champions Manchetser City, along with Sporting Lisbon of Portugal and Zenit of Russia.
View attachment 210848

Second season Review

Domestically we did much better winning the Domestic Treble! The league was amazingly close due to our terrible run of form during the european campaign, in which we had 6 draws in a row. During that time my job was only just about secure and a lot of pressure was put on me due to the teams performances. But in the end managed to win the league by a point, keeping the ever expectant board happy with the teams performance.
View attachment 210849View attachment 210850View attachment 210851