Diego Milito "Rooney is over-rated"

why is everyone having a dig at england now? That german legend guy now him i hope england prove them all wrong

From all the media pressure and the hype surrounding him I'd say he has been over-rated.

Milito is only doing this as there is a chance we'll play Argentina in the quarter finals, if he even said it and it's not been taken out of context. It's a bit of a non-story and we saw this season for Man Utd that Rooney is probably in the top 5 players in the world.

Its all mind games. Milito obviously expects to be playing England in the next round.

Yeah Rooney isnt having a great World Cup, we dont need some Argie with splinters stuck in his **** to tell us that, but we all know he is capable of much better.

Apparently Rooney hasnt scored in the last nine months for club or country not including the goal against platinum stars i reckon he will end his goal drought today

What's that Sty Stallone lookalike on about?

Rooney's not the best player in the world and probably will never be but he's certainly top 5 or 10

Come on England shut these cheating hand ball experts up

The only people i know of who over rate Rooney , is the same fukin press , the same people that constantly slate him for not performing . yet they claim he's the white Pele and all that **** , Rooney is still young don't forget that .

Last edited:
Apparently Rooney hasnt scored in the last nine months for club or country not including the goal against platinum stars i reckon he will end his goal drought today
what? 9 months!? have you not seen his goalscoring record last season? dear oh dear.

Rooney is only over rated by the media because they put so much pressure on him, and some fickle fans highly over rate him aswell and expect him to do everything and be the best player on the planet, apart from that, no he isn't over rated.

what? 9 months!? have you not seen his goalscoring record last season? dear oh dear.

Rooney is only over rated by the media because they put so much pressure on him, and some fickle fans highly over rate him aswell and expect him to do everything and be the best player on the planet, apart from that, no he isn't over rated.

No i heard nine months or i think it was six months in a match commnetary yesterday

I reckon the press sit with a hat full of names , and they say to thereselves lets pick a player to use and claim he said rooney was **** , and the winner is diego milito

No i heard nine months or i think it was six months in a match commnetary yesterday
he has scored for his club a lot this season.

whatever you heard, is wrong. unless you mean just internationally and not club.

Surely as a Man Utd fan you'd know that Rooney has scored within 9 months for his club. Seriously did you even think when you heard that?

Surely as a Man Utd fan you'd know that Rooney has scored within 9 months for his club. Seriously did you even think when you heard that?

Well i dont bother rembering all the little details on who scored when and i was having a blank moment cant even remeber who scored for USA yesterday

Well i dont bother rembering all the little details on who scored when and i was having a blank moment cant even remeber who scored for USA yesterday
You cant even remember the name of Franz Beckenbauer, one of the greatest players of all time. (points to post 2)

Don't see what all the fuss is, he's probably been asked the question in the first place and has given a pretty truthful answer...

“When we hear the English or anybody else in the world of football trying to *compare Wayne Rooney with Messi, we find it laughable.

True.

“Rooney is a very good player there is no doubt about that – but to put him on the same level as Messi is wrong. It’s not up for debate, it’s just wrong.

True.

“How can he be compared to anybody currently playing, let alone a player who has never ever won World Player of the Year?

True.

“Like I said, I think Rooney is a very good player, maybe even a top 20 *player in the world – but that doesn’t make him Messi, it doesn’t even make him close to Messi.

True.

“While I don’t agree with it, I can understand Messi being compared to Kaka and Ronaldo, but Rooney? No, no, no.”

True.

“It’s a long way off but if we do draw England in the *quarter*-finals, Rooney will be a player we show respect to.

“But Messi is marked by five or six players at a time and I don’t see us doing that to Rooney.

True.