Discovering the Heart of English Football

BrutalZ

Reaction score
281vprd.jpg

The Barclays Premier League Season is coming to a close, and dare I say it has been one of the most thrilling seasons many will ever have witnessed.
Burnley, Hull and Portsmouth confined to the depression and heartache of relegation; with McLeish's Birmingham and McCarthy's Wolverhamton surviving top flight football; And West Ham escaping a catastrophic season by staying a place above the relegation zone.
No doubt that the battle for fourth place this season was also one to remember with Moneybags Manchester and the Tenacious Tottenham being front runners for that champions league qualification spot. An outside chance still existing for the likes of Aston Villa and a disappointing Liverpool side who were tipped by many to win this season.
But with such an enticing season and a lot of positive aspects there are teams who will be disappointed. Liverpool, not to say the least, but the likes of Manchester United who may miss out on top spot by the frustrating prospect of a single point, or Wenger's Young Guns who will again depart this season with a dusty and empty cabinet.

All this cannot compare to the breaking news in today as 'Legendary' manager Sir Alex Ferguson has retired from his post as manager of the ever-successful Manchester United after claiming that he has had a good career and has done all he can for the club. Sir Alex was speaking with one of our reporters earlier today:

11smkjd.jpg

Reporter: "So Sir Ferguson, you have officially declared professional retirement from your management post at Manchester United and are also looking to retiring altogether. Considering the next match is such an important one for Manchester do you feel any regret leaving at this point in time?"

Sir Alex Ferguson: "I decided it was best for me to leave as I feel I am past my best. Manchester United have been wonderful and so as my stay and it is an amazing setup here. I wish them a very successful future and plenty of silverware too!"

Reporter: "At such a crucial stage many are blaming a lack of key signings for Manchester United's lack of silverware this season, only winning the Carlin Cup as of now"

Sir Alex Ferguson: "I do not regret any of the signings I made, Valencia was in the PFA team of the season, and Owen and Obertan are showing signs of becoming important players for the club. I am not disappointed because the lads put their hearts on the line this season and deserved much more."

Reporter: "There is speculation that your retirement came about as a result of recent health problems, care to comment on that?"

Sir Alex Ferguson: "I will miss the club greatly but I did not leave because of my health. I am absolutely fine but I am nearing 70 and the stress and emotional roller-coaster that comes with my previous position is not appropriate at this stage in my life.

Reporter: "Thank You for your co-operation Sir, it has been a pleasure!"

e5oifd.jpg

A list of drafted replacements for Alex Ferguson has been published by the Manchester United Board of Directors who are also looking to offload the responsibility and ownership of the club to British Entrepreneurs: Alexander Clothier and Jack Harris who want to jointly buy out Manchester United in attempt to clear their debts.

~Appointment of an American?~
~First Steps on the Road?~
~Declaring a Revolution?~ (Coming Soon)

Last edited:
interesting start and nicely laid out. I'll try and follow as a big united fan

~Appointment of an American?~

I raised my limbs sleepily, the weight of tiredness holding me down as I cast a brief glance at the clock on my bedside table. It read '6:03 AM' to my delight and I continued with a sense of achievement across my bedroom and towards the bathroom. I was not keen on sleep, but I often woke early in the morning, which was apparently unhealthy. Yet it did not affect my pride and determination on that day... Monday the 5th of March. I remember it and forever will remember it, because it was a very important day... A day that changed my life for good.
I was a dreamer, I was creative, imaginative and a quick thinker. There was not anything I liked to think I was incapable of doing, and my adventurous nature often meant that I traveled often to many places, assimilating to different cultures and lifestyles and learning about the world around me. I was also a keen enthusiast when it came to football. I savored sitting down with colleagues or friends in my own time and discussing 'current affairs'. The transfers, teams, rules, injuries, players and head to toe of football in both England and beyond. Considering my america-based childhood, people I knew found it strange that I possessed such a passion for the sport. Unfortunately my 'talent' was never recognized as a player in the United States and I never made it to the 'big' leagues. Shortly after moving to England I took up a position as a Designer/Architect and shortly afterwards I also took up Artistry as a part time job. I was a busy man in those days.
But my life before Monday the 5th of May 2010, lacked a real challenge and a test of my limitations. On the 4th of May in the evening I recieved a call from Malcolm Glazer requesting a meeting and co-operation on a possible deal to bring me into the managerial staff in the near future. Being a die-hard supporter of the club, I jumped at the chance and accepted but was then reminded that on the list of candidates: Jose Mourinho, Guus Hiddink, Laurent Blanc, and Mike Phelan (who was temporary manager at the time) were also in contention for the place. I was shattered, these were the real deal, men and veterans who knew how to manage a team. They all had their share of success and with no managerial history or experience I had only an outside chance. Despite my inner turmoil and sorrow it was still a chance...
I put on my best suit and tie and made myself look smart for the meeting before climbing into my car and starting the engine. By starting this engine, by twisting this key, I was entering a new world. I was opening doors for myself, making a claim to the world of the beautiful game; I was entering the world of football management. As I exchanged greetings and handshakes with the Glazers, I could not help but to quiver in the sheer pressure of my position. I was about to be interviewed, and at 27 years of age I found this an extremely daunting task. I had an outside chance and therefore needed to impress them as much as possible to even hope of getting the place. I had to show intelligence, humour, passion and flair as a person all in those most important 60 minutes of my life and a droplet of sweat met my brow as the questions begun...

A week later I lost hope, preparing to accept my current occupations as the chances of me getting that dream post slipped away. What had been a glimmer of hope faded slowly as the Glazers interviewed other more established managers and slowly the realization of the situation dawned on me. There was no way a top flight club like Manchester United would want me as one of the most important people in their setup. With no history or experience it was clear I was not going to get it. I routinely vacated my bedroom with a hot drink at hand, and made my way to the front door after hearing the post come through. Upon reaching the door I picked up my daily share of letters and newspapers and couldn't help to flick through the paper. I nearly dropped it in sheer disbelief after reading the 4th page...

dylxj7.jpg

nicely written - a little unrealsitic but i'm liking it so far. good luck mate

~First Steps on the Road?~

A few years ago I would have seen myself as an opportunist. A dreamer with big ambitions but never the chance to fulfill them. A person who despite having many talents, still fell short of being truly at the 'top of the crop'. And yet here I now stand as Manager of Manchester United, about to enter the stadium for the first time as the manager of this monumental club. No longer am I just a fan of the club, but the father and heart of the club. The man behind the screens and the watchmaker who fits all the pieces together for them to work in perfect unison...

Continuing on the lines of piecing things together, I needed to gather myself and exorcise any elements of nervousness or anxiety as I was due for my introductory press conference in front of the football world for the first time. My ability to speak in public was not a hindrance as it was something I was confident in, but I was in possession of some big ideas after discussions with the Board of Directors and was weary of the reaction to some of them. It wasn't long before I was invited to sit alongside staff members at Manchester United as well as the board members as I braced myself for my first installment in the world of 'soccer'...

iq8uvq.jpg

Reporter: So Mace Haven, You are now officially head coach of Manchester United and are now one of the most important people in the setup. How does it feel to be amongst the staff of a team you apparently hold such affection for?

Haven: It is stuff of dreams to be working here, and I first of all want to thank the Board for accepting my application for the job. I am over the moon at being given the opportunity to work here and hope to do the club justice in the coming years.

Reporter: Stature and Standards of Manchester United are sky high with many considering the club to be one of the best on the planet. With this being said, what do you intend to bring to the table?

Haven: I can only bring what I am capable of bringing and I hope that the fans and staff of the club will come to realize that i have a lot to offer. I will be looking to change the philosophy at the club and create a completely new force.

Reporter: When you say that you will be changing the 'philosophy of the club' do you mean the staff and players as well? Will that mean that Staff and Playing Staff will be looking at the termination of their current commitments?

Haven: Unfortunately this is a possibility for a lot of players here. With the permission of the new bosses I have developed a 3 year strategy to completely domesticate the club and develop a new style of football. This will mean that some foreign players in the current squad may be transferred or loaned depending on the situation.

Reporter: What is your preferred approach to the management and organisation of the team?

Haven: I am a dexterous person and will try to make sure my staff do as little work as possible. Right now the club is in my capable hands and I need to step up and claim responsibility so I will be putting in all the effort and time that is due, *laugh* which in all honesty is every bit of time and effort I possess *laugh*

Last edited:
mate looking good, ill be following :)

loving the interview and press conferences :p

Yeh sounds great, really well written. I'll be following :)

Good, luck did you join in after the first season?

Good, luck did you join in after the first season?

Not necessarily but it would be nice to tag this on the back of the season just gone.
Thanks for the comments, more up tonight

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:37 AM ----------

~Declaring a Revolution?~​

I went home after that conference with mixed emotions clouding my mind. I was happy to get it off my chest but the sheer amount of noise and uproar from the conference room proved how much of a shock it was to the majority of people. Another problem that weighed heavily on me was the fact that the domestication process may mean the sacrificing of trophies for one or two years and a possible break from Champions League football which would cause terrible reactions throughout the fan force. But I had given myself a mission, and with the backing of the board I was determined to fill it. I started by Reshuffling my staff members as I felt that some were not quite up to scratch and the expectations in the long run were too demanding for them to cope with. This involved signing new coaches and scouts as I began my aspired endeavor to re-face the club...

I knocked on the door of my colleague Mike Phelan, eager to speak with him in private, though the news I brought him was far from good in the simplest sense. As I was let into his 'humble home' I could not help but notice his passion and admiration of the club. He had images, silverware and collectibles that enveloped his living room walls and cupboards and even had Manchester United branded lounge wear when he came to meet me. With a warm smile on his face he offered me a seat to discuss matters at hand, making what I needed to do that much harder...

"What?! Mutual Termination of my contract?!?" Phelan blurted out in a mix of confusion and shock. I could only attempt at justifying the situation:
"I understand your reaction and expected nothing less from such a loyal employee to the club. But I feel that you don't have the necessary attributes I need for an assistant despite being one of the best..." I hushed, my effort directed towards negotiating an agreement.
"I see, that is a shame... But I understand your situation, with the changing of the club you want an assistant to bring something different to the table..." He calmly continued, a sudden change in mood and stature as he showed maturity and acceptance of my position while taking part in negotiating a deal. In the end I left the house knowing that he had agreed with the termination of his contract, but with £1.7million for compensation and I complied. With that done I was only a phone call away from potentially securing a contract with a target that I had in mind. My Reign had commenced; My Revolution had begun...

25unpyx.png

You carrying on with this, looks like it could develop into a great story.