Discussion - Player Preferred Moves (PPMS)

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2K

Mike.

Reaction score

What are Player Preferred Moves?

Player preferred moves are traits, or styles, that a certain player can exhibit. Whether its the ability to dictate tempo, or place shots in the corner, these traits play a role in making (or breaking) a player

Are they good or bad?

They are neither, PPMs are largely subjective, depending on what you want from the player and what role he is playing, we will look at this more in detail

What is the aim of this thread?

This thread is not a guide, I've written one here:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...de-definitive-look-pending-re-write-fm12.html, the aim is to discuss the nature of PPM's, how they work alongside attributes, how they affect a specific player, and how in turn that affects how you use that player in your given tactic and style. It's place to discuss how to create a certain type of player, how to shape a player to your team, if a player you are signing will fit your team. Because make no mistake, PPMs are just as important as attributes, a player with excellent attributes but with PPMs that dont fit your style is a not a good signing.

When asking a question, make sure you give as much info as possible on your style of play

Last edited:
Sounds like a decent thread, I'll start with a simple combo.

Tries to beat offside trap
Worked well for me with fast poachers like Hernandez, Fierro and Welbeck. I'd recommend high Anticipation and Off The Ball and maybe Decision Making other wise they may be be caught offside alot, especially against good defenders. I'd recommend high Finishing and Composure seen as though they end up with alot of one-on-one situations. Works well with tactics that have alot of throughballs coming from midfield. I like to link this PPM with Places Shots which can get alot of goals if used right. Moves Into Channels + Likes To Round Keeper would maybe also add to the effectiveness of the combo.

Last edited:
Back