Discussion- The Defensive corner setup thread

• Thread starter Thread starter pikasotn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4K

pikasotn

Reaction score
Hi all, I´m just looking for a good defensive corners setup, with good counter attack option if possible, I am conceding a lot goals from corners, so I look for an advice.

Depends how many tall/good heading players you have in your team. The set pieces set up is a little flawed on this version, imo. Put your tall/good heading players on mark tall and then the rest is pretty much hoping lol you can put your pacey player to stay up front and creative/playmaker style player at the edge of the box to try spring a counter. I then have a winger close down corner and the rest back with my dmc on mark small. I don't generally concede many corners but it's the part of my game that's really vulnerable.

As long as you have Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers in the defense, default settings work fine.

Everyone back, your playmaker edge of area, your two fastest players (generally a winger and a poacher to stay up). What will generally happen is that the ball gets headed out to your playmaker, who has the skill and passing ability to find either your poacher directly or your winger. They'll outrun the defenders and your winger will either cross for a tap in or the poacher will go for it himself. I get about 8 league goals a season with that.

As long as you have Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers in the defense, default settings work fine.
^ This

Works very well for me with Arsenal. I rarely concede goals from corners. On the other hand, on my Sporting CP (short defenders) save I suffered a lot from this so I always put Match Preparation: Defend Set Pieces one day before a match.

Back