Do any of you watch other teams games for scouting purposes?

nutter453

Reaction score
As the title states do you watch any of the games of other teams or do you leave it upto your scouts to watch other teams and file reports on them?

I usually scout and watch some teams myself. As an example, I ilke to know if à team using the Wide 4231 is playing it the " Denmark" way, with à huge gap between their defence and midfield for ME to exploit, or if they are dropping their MCs and raising their d-line. I also want to know pregame if à team using à Narrow Diamond is launching quick counter attacks onto their FCs and AMC that moves wide sideways ( holding possesion in Advanced positions using exploit the middle , counter and one Advanced FC and one TQ) or if they normally try to get the ball over the top Of my defenders( normally counter , pass into space and target man/attack run onto ball), or if they play à possession based football playing mord rigid and cautious( i.e standard/control with retain shouts)

Put simply, no.
I find it redundant as the team they are playing against is not my team. They could have set up their gameplan to counter their current opposition or something along those lines. I play to my team's strengths and not the opposition's weaknesses. If my strengths aren't working, then it's time to find a new strength for next time.

Most of the time I play my own tactic and once in a while I change this so other teams can't alwyas anticipate to my tactic.

i just let my scouts as it is time wasting to watch other games

My scouts do the work for me, I have no interest in going to games, that I am not even interested in. Even when I am a National manager, I don't go.

Thanks for the responses. Was asking as I was going to games that Marco Reus was playing in as he is coming to my team in January. Was going to go to a few games to see how he plays and wondered if anyone else would watch teams/players before signing them/playing against them.