Do Patch/Match Engine changes make a difference

bdare

Reaction score
Hi fellow managers and tacticiansXD

I know this may sound like a silly question but " Do Patch/Match Engine changes make a difference" . I know that definitely when SI release a new patch they often show the change logs and what has been implemented in the new patch.

Now the thing is, i make tactics and don't have a problem in creating success, but each time when i look into the downloads section or someone has posted a really good tactic (Koflok for instance) , some users often say
"Does this work with 12.04" or " Does this work 12.1". Surely you create a tactic on how you want the team to play and implement your ideologies into the tactic. So just because a new patch comes out doesn't mean you have to make a new tactic just for that patch to work well with it ??? or try to make it work for all patches per-say because ideally its what type of football you have chosen is how you would like your team to play surely

I am not by any means disregarding that when SI release a new patch with change logs it doesn't make a difference, in fact it does add alot to the game and infuses realism but it doesn't mean you have to create a whole new tactic.

Well hope i have made sense, thoughts and opinions please share

a day and no replies. feels this thread was pointless now :(

yes of course they do :)

tactics that exploit the ME like those Korean ones will not work as well! tactics that adopt a certain style of football should be fine :) I have used some of my Fm11 tactics in Fm12 and they have worked even better than on Fm11 :)

Some tactics need tweaking when a new patch comes out as it may alter the style of play slightly.

For instance my 4-2-2-2 which worked perfectly with 12.0.4 seemed a little sloppy in 12.1 due to the full backs being exposed. I just tweaked my full backs a bit and it works a treat again.
So in essence tweaks may be nessecary but you shouldnt have to rebuild a tactic completely unless it exploited the ME

Alright , So the general consensus is that when an update comes out its about minor tweaks rather than make a whole new tactic.
@ Raikan good to hear that tactics from previous versions can work with the current version, my point exactly :)
@ Steve* Minor tweaks is needed to ensure the tactic plays the way you want...

So really most tactics exploit the ME and when an update comes out creators have to basically make another that exploits that update persay

Thanks for you inputs guyz.

No, most tactics dont!

Most tacticians dont exploit the ME (some try but cant) There are not always ME exploits to exploit! so that is when a good tactic is needed and created!

Making good tactics and exploiting the match engine are two different things completely! remember that :)

No, most tactics dont!

Most tacticians dont exploit the ME (some try but cant) There are not always ME exploits to exploit! so that is when a good tactic is needed and created!

Making good tactics and exploiting the match engine are two different things completely! remember that :)

True .Kind of noticed what i typed and read it afterwards.

hi

i do not understand tactics that exploit the ME. i am confuse mean overall patch effect tactic?