Do you think Rafa Benitez should be replaced and why?

Do you think Liverpool should replace Benitez?

• Yes

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 28.4%

• Total voters

cmh9090

Reaction score
No offense to anyone, but after reading so many threads on liverpool and people's views on whether he should be replaced, I have decided to post a thread on this. In my opinion, I feel that he should be replaced as he does not seem able to deliver the EPL to anfield. i see jose mourinho as an ideal replacement to deliver the goods.

I dont think he should be replaced, because of all the success he's brought you since being there. However, my personal opinion is that if Liverpool don't get a win against Manchester United this weekend he will be sacked and replaced (Probably with Roberto Mancini)

I like Rafa but when the team is performing as badly as it is and the squad is as small it is something has to be done. However were we to get rid of Rafa there aren't many better candidates - Mourinho certainly wouldn't leave Inter mid-season :(

The only reason Rafa has not been sacked is due to Torres, doesnt anyone see this, the board are fearful that if they sack Rafa, El Nino will leave, and lets be frank he should, he will not win the trophys the boy deserves playing for liverpool, yeah its all the great fans, that make him feel at home and liverpools proud tradition, well that was a thing of the pass, stop living on past glories Liverpool you are not one of the major clubs on current history in Europe( 2 european finals after finishing 4th in the league the season previous (correct me if I am wrong)...... does not make you the club of the 70-80's....

The only reason Rafa has not been sacked is due to Torres, doesnt anyone see this, the board are fearful that if they sack Rafa, El Nino will leave, and lets be frank he should, he will not win the trophys the boy deserves playing for liverpool, yeah its all the great fans, that make him feel at home and liverpools proud tradition, well that was a thing of the pass, stop living on past glories Liverpool you are not one of the major clubs on current history in Europe( 2 european finals after finishing 4th in the league the season previous (correct me if I am wrong)...... does not make you the club of the 70-80's....

That my friend is the biggest load of old tosh I have ever heard (no offence) The reason he hasn't been sacked is because the two yanks can't afford paying him off £27m

Never liked Rafa. His record for Liverpool in the Premiership is poor. His signings have been sup standard and never good enough to win the Premiership (with the exception of a few)

His scouting system is not great...apart from Agger and maybe Skrtel i can't think of anyone he has unearthed.

He is living off his champions league win and i think that isn't good enough. Maybe if Liverpool were challenging for the league every year but they are not.

No,he's done a good job with the budget he's had and the circumstances he's had to work under.Anyone who doesn't think Benitez has done a good job should remember it took Alex Ferguson 3 years to win a trophy,7 years to win the League and 12 years to win the champions League with Man Utd.He also virtually had a blank cheque to buy who he wanted.

Never liked Rafa. His record for Liverpool in the Premiership is poor. His signings have been sup standard and never good enough to win the Premiership (with the exception of a few)

His scouting system is not great...apart from Agger and maybe Skrtel i can't think of anyone he has unearthed.

He is living off his champions league win and i think that isn't good enough. Maybe if Liverpool were challenging for the league every year but they are not.

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more with you there Kris. Except for Torres, Reina, Masch, Agger, Skrtel, Benayoun, Johnson and possibly Kuyt all of his other money spent has been a waste (Voronin, Babel, Lucas etc.) They are nowhere near good enough for a club like Liverpool.

I can think of Pacheco, Nemeth, Kelly and Insua as the only youth prospects we have, and for a manager who has been there for other 5 years now this isn't good enough.

It seems that if we want to challenge for something, we have to sacrifice our hopes in another tournament (The prem or the Champs League) purely because our squad is not strong enough, everyone can see we need a back up to Torres but he decides to have faith in Voronin. What the ****!!

And the statement ''living off his champions league win'' is all in all a very accurate one, apart from his FA cup win and the title challenge last season we just have been nowhere near the standard of what we should be expecting.

I like Rafa but recently his selections are starting to baffle me - 3 at the back against Sunderland, Voronin for Benayoun etc... However I can't think of a suitable replacement that'd be able to come in and do a job with the club in its current predicament.

But it is only a dip in form I feel and Rafa is the man who can get us out of it.

Rant over :(

ive been saying for a long long time that rafa benitez is not the man for liverpool. He has made 3 or 4 good signings for liverpool, but most people he has brought in have barely made it to two seasons with liverpool before being sold. For every good player he signs, he signs 4 bad ones. He deserves credit for reaching the champions league final, but if i recall, liverpool didn't even score to get into the final as the ball did not cross the line against chelsea and also steven gerrard dived to win liverpools equalising penalty. The fa cup final liverpool played west ham and had to take it to penaltys to win and in other ways were not very convincing. Liverpool are still without a league title under rafa, this could be down to rafa's rotational system that was more visible when he first took over. There is a list of good managers that would be happy to take on the oppotunity to manage a club like liverpool. Im not saying this because rafa has lost 4 games in a row, im saying this because ive never thought benitez was the right manager for liverpool.

i keep saying iv always said as long as rafa's in charge off liverpool they wont be a threat. from a chelsea fan point ov view i say keep him but if i was a red id be hopeing he got sacked. the man is absolutly dreadfull at making changes and hes tactical side of the game is very below par. i feel reina,gerrard and torres has kept this man in a job for the last few years.

In response to the original post, Rafa needs to stay. It's the owners who need to change.

Rafa's premiership record is pretty **** good, despite 'rotation' and 'zonal marking' and the rest of his horrible foreign ways. In the last four seasons he has averaged 78 points, with 82 and 88 in the following seasons which happen to be our highest totals since 1988. When you consider that Gerrard Houllier only managed 65 and 60 points in his final seasons you can see the improvement Rafa has made.

Also, we now challenge each year in the Champions League (well maybe not this year) and have made it past the group stages each year since Rafa has been here. Before that we weren't even doing well in the UEFA Cup never-mind consistently qualifying for the CL.

Alonso, Reina, Sissoko, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Garcia, Aurellio, Torres, Insua, etc, etc...

True he is living off his performance in the Champions League in those first two seasons, but then again Wenger is living off his past success too but for some reason nobody seems to mind Arsenal haven't been challenging for much since 2005.

Challenging for the league days is all about the money, since Rafa has been in charge Liverpool have never been higher than 3rd in the most expensive squads table (currently 5th this season, behind Spurs and Man City now by over £50m) and our wage bill has always been lower than our competitors too. I read something interesting the other week about how a clubs wage bill correlates to a 92% accuracy to the success they achieve, and since the figures have been published (in 2004) only two teams have had wage bills high enough to win the league. Manchester Utd & Chelsea, pretty strange coincidence.

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more with you there Kris. Except for Torres, Reina, Masch, Agger, Skrtel, Benayoun, Johnson and possibly Kuyt all of his other money spent has been a waste (Voronin, Babel, Lucas etc.) They are nowhere near good enough for a club like Liverpool.

everyone can see we need a back up to Torres but he decides to have faith in Voronin. What the ****!!

I can't believe he wasted all that money signing Voronin on a free transfer just to have a full International striker as back-up for Torres. Rafa is an idiot. If you think we need a better backup for Torres please go have a look for someone who will match up to your stupidly high standards who will happily sit on the bench week in week out and will only cost us £1-2m.

And the statement ''living off his champions league win'' is all in all a very accurate one, apart from his FA cup win and the title challenge last season we just have been nowhere near the standard of what we should be expecting.
I'm sorry but why should we even expect anything? Before Rafa came we were a terrible side performing badly in a weaker league than today. I feel sorry for Rafa because of what he has achieved in his short time with us, he has done superbly in Europe and now people expect us to win it, because we do well in the League people now expect us to win it when it just doesn't work that way.

Liverpool are a big name, that is all. We have no right to expect more than what we are achieving at the moment.

i keep saying iv always said as long as rafa's in charge off liverpool they wont be a threat. from a chelsea fan point ov view i say keep him but if i was a red id be hopeing he got sacked. the man is absolutly dreadfull at making changes and hes tactical side of the game is very below par. i feel reina,gerrard and torres has kept this man in a job for the last few years.

Yeah I can't believe Rafa is so little a threat he managed to finish ahead of Chelsea in the league last year. Rafa's tactical knowledge is superb too, stop talking out of your backside please.

Well I can't really think of anything to argue against that Lee, well thought out and well done lol. Don't get me wrong, I like Rafa I just think he could have spent money a bit more wisely

In response to the original post, Rafa needs to stay. It's the owners who need to change.

Rafa's premiership record is pretty **** good, despite 'rotation' and 'zonal marking' and the rest of his horrible foreign ways. In the last four seasons he has averaged 78 points, with 82 and 88 in the following seasons which happen to be our highest totals since 1988. When you consider that Gerrard Houllier only managed 65 and 60 points in his final seasons you can see the improvement Rafa has made.

Also, we now challenge each year in the Champions League (well maybe not this year) and have made it past the group stages each year since Rafa has been here. Before that we weren't even doing well in the UEFA Cup never-mind consistently qualifying for the CL.

Alonso, Reina, Sissoko, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Garcia, Aurellio, Torres, Insua, etc, etc...

True he is living off his performance in the Champions League in those first two seasons, but then again Wenger is living off his past success too but for some reason nobody seems to mind Arsenal haven't been challenging for much since 2005.

Challenging for the league days is all about the money, since Rafa has been in charge Liverpool have never been higher than 3rd in the most expensive squads table (currently 5th this season, behind Spurs and Man City now by over £50m) and our wage bill has always been lower than our competitors too. I read something interesting the other week about how a clubs wage bill correlates to a 92% accuracy to the success they achieve, and since the figures have been published (in 2004) only two teams have had wage bills high enough to win the league. Manchester Utd & Chelsea, pretty strange coincidence.

I can't believe he wasted all that money signing Voronin on a free transfer just to have a full International striker as back-up for Torres. Rafa is an idiot. If you think we need a better backup for Torres please go have a look for someone who will match up to your stupidly high standards who will happily sit on the bench week in week out and will only cost us £1-2m.

I'm sorry but why should we even expect anything? Before Rafa came we were a terrible side performing badly in a weaker league than today. I feel sorry for Rafa because of what he has achieved in his short time with us, he has done superbly in Europe and now people expect us to win it, because we do well in the League people now expect us to win it when it just doesn't work that way.

Liverpool are a big name, that is all. We have no right to expect more than what we are achieving at the moment.

Yeah I can't believe Rafa is so little a threat he managed to finish ahead of Chelsea in the league last year. Rafa's tactical knowledge is superb too, stop talking out of your backside please.

ill give you 1 thing lee you have massive faith in your team but its getting stupid mate. wake up and smell the coffee even your other fellow supporters are begging to see thier are big problems at anfield.

i think rafa is waitin for january sales to *** then bring in new faces,n sell players that he dont want like Voronin

i think rafa is waitin for january sales to *** then bring in new faces,n sell players that he dont want like Voronin

We Don't have much money so i don't think we will sign anyone and why would we sell Voronin for about what £2-3M and then who can we buy with £2-3M?

I don't think Liverpool will Buy/Sell anyone in January we don't have the funds and i think Rafa will go in january.

what about the likes of arbeloa, nemeth, voronin(^^)), insua, riera, benayoun wasnt expected to be as good as he is, reina wasnt particuarly well lnown now he is one of the best, and then all the young players.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

nuff said

We Don't have much money so i don't think we will sign anyone and why would we sell Voronin for about what £2-3M and then who can we buy with £2-3M?

I don't think Liverpool will Buy/Sell anyone in January we don't have the funds and i think Rafa will go in january.

Yeah we don't have any money, hopefully Dossena will be on his way out but with the £5-6m we get for him it's pretty hard to buy anyone with quality for that amount, especially in January when prices are usually inflated.

Maybe this January we will also see Babel leave.

Yeah we don't have any money, hopefully Dossena will be on his way out but with the £5-6m we get for him it's pretty hard to buy anyone with quality for that amount, especially in January when prices are usually inflated.

Maybe this January we will also see Babel leave.

you can only hope :p

dossena i rekon you may get around 5m for

babel i think you are going to lose out big after paying 11m for him. I always thought that liverpool should have bought a winger/new striker with the alonso money instead of a position replacement. 4-5-1 obviously isn't working out for liverpool so why didnt they use that money to buy a good striker to play with torres? Maschareno/Lucas/Gerrard are all good enough to play as the 2 in centre midfield.

you can only hope :p

dossena i rekon you may get around 5m for

babel i think you are going to lose out big after paying 11m for him. I always thought that liverpool should have bought a winger/new striker with the alonso money instead of a position replacement. 4-5-1 obviously isn't working out for liverpool so why didnt they use that money to buy a good striker to play with torres? Maschareno/Lucas/Gerrard are all good enough to play as the 2 in centre midfield.

with the 4-5-1 we earned the most points we ever had since the late 80's(i believe)