Does Anybody Else Feel The Need.......

daniel_kg

BuzzKill
Reaction score
Does anybody else feel the need to buy players when you've got a large transfer budget even though you really don't need to buy anymore players?
I'm in my 6th season with Roma and ive got a really good squad so i dont need to buy anybody, but ive got 83M left to spend and i feel like i need to spend it even though i know i don't need anybody.

So is it just me or does anybody else have this need to spend.

When that happens i just buy all the best 14/15 year olds in the world.

The other thing you can do is budget adjust to give yourself a much larger wage budget, it seems to work better in your profit/loss colums if you have a large unused wage budget rather than a large unused transfer budget.

Last edited:
Yer that's what I do just buy loads of young players so my reserves and u18s are immense haha. Never buy older players I don't need though I hate having too many players..

as Jake :p (not Lee) said, buy all the best youngsters you can find and leave the rest of the cash in your wage budget, this will earn interest for your club and grow bigger and bigger! it does tend to happen, but... at some point you are going to find a player that is worth 50 million and spend it, then you are back to square one, but until that time, transfer as much as you are allowed to into your wage budget!

i agree with Jake - if i'm happy with the first team then i end up buying all the best kids i can find.

before FM10 and the 25 man squad rule i did tend to hage huge first team squads if i had the money - usually 3 players per position (me and my mate called it 'backup for the backup') i've had to tone it down on FM10, although i wasn't aware of the rule coming in start of second season the first time i played FM10 and ended up having to sell a few unregistered players oO)

Same as Jake, buying tremendous regens, whatch them evolve and become world class players :) That is why I love to take control of the under 18

Spot on guys, once you've built up a slid team focus on youngsters and regens, it does feel really rewarding having lads who have come through your u18s in your first team rather than players you forked out for.

as Jake :p (not Lee) said, buy all the best youngsters you can find and leave the rest of the cash in your wage budget, this will earn interest for your club and grow bigger and bigger! it does tend to happen, but... at some point you are going to find a player that is worth 50 million and spend it, then you are back to square one, but until that time, transfer as much as you are allowed to into your wage budget!
didnt realise that about the interest, especially as my squad is pretty much set for the next three seasons

had one of my regens get his first england cap the other day *sniffles*

I am the complete opposite actually. If I have money, I'll only sign people if they are necessary. :D

I used to be like this, then my attitude changed. Probably because I used to sign players who would fit into my team at that time rather than looking towards the future.

I've already bought some really good young regens for the future and adjusted my wage budget but ive found this guy and i really dont need another striker as ive got Pato, Villa, Neymar and 2 good regens, but i just want him in my team.

Yeah, I just buy the best youth, and then from other teams.

I've already bought some really good young regens for the future and adjusted my wage budget but ive found this guy and i really dont need another striker as ive got Pato, Villa, Neymar and 2 good regens, but i just want him in my team.

you have to buy him, he looks ace.

i random buy to sometimes just for the sake of spending money!

yes but then try to justify to myself why I needed the player. 'I needed another proven goalscorer, honest'