Do you think Rafa Benitez should be replaced and why?

Do you think Liverpool should replace Benitez?

• Yes

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 28.4%

• Total voters
Nice one Gabo, a highly respected member of fm-base has been banned because of your 'debates'... ;)

Only joking but yes they are somewhat entertaining.

Nice one Gabo, a highly respected member of fm-base has been banned because of your 'debates'... ;)

Only joking but yes they are somewhat entertaining.
yeah im gonna be public enemy number one lol, i dont know who does the banning but its good to see because i dont respect bad language, i think any educated person can get a point across without it like i do, and i didnt get him banned he did it himself.

Back on topic please gentlemen.

what was the topic?XD
i'd like him to go i guess.

He was banned for insulting another member (excessively)...it's one of the rules.

Anyway, back on topic. Rafa should be given a few more matches. He has had plenty of time to mount a serious challenge and although I like him & Liverpool, i'd like to see someone else get a crack at it.

benitez is a fat idiot, worse transfer market manager ever in my opinion, his only good signings arbeloa and torres, some have been ok but not so called big four quality

do you have a clue what your talking about...
Reina, arbeloa, agger, skrtel, mascherano, sissokho, riera, benayoun, kuyt and im sure there's tonnes more i just cant think of them.. and johnson

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

and alonso made a 20m profit which got aqualani
and agger isnt injured.

Last edited:
maybe i looked to closely at his flops then, let me name some off the top of my head
Josemi
Alvaro Nunez
Fernando Morientes
Craig Bellamy
Robbie Keane
David N gog
Jan Kromkamp
Mark Gonzalez
Itandje
Pennant
Degen
Plessis
Lucas Leiva
Antonio Barragan
Theres even more cant think off the top of my head but thats a long list there

I take it no 1 likes danny carter then.?
Yeah he's a tool:mad:(sorry redders) posted at the same time.
On-topic i reckon the weekend game will still be tough.
form book goes out the window and all that.

On Topic, It would be stupid to sack Benitez now, it would take a long process to actually find a suitable replacement + Benitez has shown in the past he can turn it round at vital parts of the season. Remember Madrid last year, United when without Torres & Gerrard, when they ended chelsea's home record in a 'must win game for them'. He has done it before, and people saying he's a **** manager need to get their head sorted, yes he has made some stupid signings but what manager hasnt.

maybe i looked to closely at his flops then, let me name some off the top of my head
Josemi
Alvaro Nunez
Fernando Morientes
Craig Bellamy
Robbie Keane
David N gog
Jan Kromkamp
Mark Gonzalez
Itandje
Pennant
Degen
Plessis
Lucas Leiva
Antonio Barragan
Theres even more cant think off the top of my head but thats a long list there

Very harsh on N'gog & maybe Lucas. Josemi was a swap for Kromkamp, and played quite well when Liverpool won the CL (in the run) I seem to remember? Keane is a fantastic player who just didn't want to be there. Barragan could still turn out a decent player (with a buy back clause?).

Do agree he has made some odd/poor signings but offset by some pretty good ones.

he should be given the chance... he made bad signings like alot of managers
Roque santa cruz - man city 18m - worth it ? no
ben haim- just terrible
garrido- never plays
sylvinho
jo
caicedo
stuart taylor
lescott
bojinov
all havent been too good either mate have they

I agree with a lot on this forum that rafa should go. He's done a good job no doubt about it but his time is up, I think Mourinho is the man for Liverpool I feel he would go in January and given a bit of money Liverpool would win the league no probs. Not buying a quality centre back and not buying david villa or joaquin has cost Liverpool in my opinion, Crouch, Keane, Skrtel, Lucas, Babel, N'gog, Kyriakos was by far the worst, being from Scotland I have watched him in action on more than one occaision and he was a bad player in Scotland never mind having a crack a the Premiership, maybe Bolton or Hull but Liverpool?.....sorry rafa 'ur tea's oot' i'm afraid.

he should be given the chance... he made bad signings like alot of managers
Roque santa cruz - man city 18m - worth it ? no
ben haim- just terrible
garrido- never plays
sylvinho
jo
caicedo
stuart taylor
lescott
bojinov
all havent been too good either mate have they
alright mate caicedo is about 19 give him time, jo was eriksson bojinov was also eriksson, i said ben haim was ****, taylor is a backup keeper, lescott is better than carragher, we can afford 18m for a backup player so be quiet mate u dont know anything, and sylvinho is experience to help out people like richards and onouha, garrido is fine for back up too u cant judge people that havent played more than about 4-5 games,and also on bojinov he spends most of the time injured, so an epic failure of a list in my opinion

i think liverpool should give martin o'neill the manager's job look what he did at celtic and what he has done at aston villa

i think liverpool should give martin o'neill the manager's job look what he did at celtic and what he has done at aston villa
yeah i would like him at city, he wouldnt leave villa though im afraid if you are a liverpool fan you are in for a long hard season unless benitez leaves

Liverpool haven't been in the same position financially as Utd, Arsenal, and Chelsea. So we cannot simply go out and spend our entire budget on one player. Don't you remember all the doubts that were cast when he spent £20m on Torres? Benitez has bought players in the lower price ranges because he's had to build an entire squad from scratch, only now are we getting close to a settled team where we can add one or two quality players each season (Johnson and hopefully Aquilani).

Rafa won the Champions League with a team that he inherited from Houllier. Unfortunately that same team only finished 5th in the EPL that year, so there were some definite changes that needed to be made, but considering they were good enough to win Europe toughest club competition, they didn't need a lot of changes, but rather some tweaking. At least that's what I thought. Rafa obviously thought differently because if you look at the team that he has now, the only player left from his CL winning side are Gerrard and Carragher. That's it. He had 39 players in his squad that year, and he only has 2 left!? In his time at Liverpool has has bought 53 players. FIFTY-THREE PLAYERS!!! He has sold SIXTY-SEVEN players! Those 53 players have cost the club 248m and the 67 that he sold brought in 134m. Of the 53 players that he bought, almost half of them were sold within a year, all of whom were sold at a loss. And after all this, he has the gall to complain about a lack of funds from the owners who have given him 114m out of their pocket to fund his transfers. If you think that Rafa is building a squad then you're wrong, horribly wrong. No one will be selling players at a loss within a year if they're building a squad.

If you don't believe what I've said you can freely check it here :http://transferleague.co.uk/
Their net spend from 2004 to 2009 is only behind Manchester City and Chelsea, and that says a lot. Contrary to your belief, Manchester United is in the ninth place and Arsenal the fourteenth.