mshaw2

Reaction score
After being inspired by reading some of the lower league games on here i've decided to give it a go myself. I started the game with a new update from here and started with Man City. After about 3 days of the game I thought I canny be doing with this again. Buying the same old players, seeing the same old things. So I resigned.

I went to the job centre and seen that a few teams were available. Dorchester Town, Braintree, Bogner Regis and Northwich Victoria and Hyde. I applied for Dorchester, Bogner Regis and Northwich and in a week or sos' time of holidaying the game I got offered all three jobs. (Yes, suprising I know lol). I had a look through the teams and what the media prediction was and ruled out Northwich straight away, as they were predicted to come first. So it was between Dorchester (21st) and Bogner. Bogner (22nd) had a slightly less wage budget than Dorchester but they did have Brighton as a parent club. I chose Dorchester...

The first thing to do was get my wage budget down as it was £2,600 over the budget. This was down to a loan signing though who I was paying £1,500 p/w for the priveledge of. I terminated that loan and signed some players on a frees. I have also requested a parent club but i'm waiting on who they will offer me to get some more loan signings.

Below are my current tactics (Brian Clough V2), my first game, and my transfers so far. I will keep you updated with my progress over the next few weeks as I like reading how people are doing with lower league clubs and i'm sure the feeling is mutual :D

Here is an update on how i'm doing...

Currently top of the Blue Square South with some good results along the way, although it's very thight at the top. I got Wigan as my parent club and they have gave me a couple of loan players. I loaned someone called Nicky Travis from Sheffield Utd but Torquay put in a bid for him and because I had no money to spend I couldn't match it, so i'm about to lose him. Lost to Exeter in the FA cup 1st round but done well to get to that round. Also out of the Setanta Shield to Premier League Forest Green. I lost in the last 10 minutes. Some good bargain buys I got were Lee Welburn, Conrad Logan, Robbie Williams and Marc Grocott. Logan was valued 70k but I put in a cheeky bid of £0 for him and got him. Great keeper for this division, hardly conceded any goals with him. Here are some screenshots and if anyone can recommend any good players for zilch then I would galdly consider...

You are doing well with "the magpies", mate. Better than me. Been managing them since aug 08 and they are still *****. Just started 2013 - 2014 and still no money. Never sold a player ( cos they are not worth buying... or are too good to sell) Never brought a player (no money for transfers). won Fa trophy, Bss and clc in my time here. Just had board takeover which cleared my 300k debt with a bank loan of 450k... so now i owe the bank....arrgh...Had job offers and turned them all down.... i will see this through ..

Best of that was that. Dorchester were always one result behind Grays.. They won, we won... These teams were running away with the league. It all came to a head when they played each other... Dorchester thumped them 4-0, Grays fell apart....Dorchester went on as u can see..... 'kin brilliant! :)

Last edited: