Status
Not open for further replies.

BarmyArmy

Reaction score
I have a striker that is currently playing really well, except for the simple fact that he can't score. He's now on a run of 12 games without a goal. His finishing is 15 and composure is 16. Not sure if there are any other attributes that affect it but he's getting tons of chances, and when I look on stats something like 80-90% of his shots are on target yet he just can't score!

help!

might just be an unlucky run? these things happen. Have you tried having a private chat with him?

Maybe if you played one of my teams. Seems that the only players that score against me are strikers on a dry spell and midfielders or defenders that haven't scored all year.

have a private chat with him and go on recent form and say your performances recently are declining and usually he'll try do better if you get a positive reaction

Do you rotate players? It might be the fact that he's a bit full of football. Try and give an other striker a chance for 2-3 games, and if the replacement doesn't play well, get your main ST back in the starting 11. I had the same problem with Podolski, he was missing 2-3 CCC's a game, gave him 2 weeks o the bench and he banged a hattrick in his first game after that.

You know, these things happen a lot with me, for example, when i started with Dortmund....Barrios have greats stats, and he misses almost every one on one chances...I dunno what is it, but theres players that scores and others dont socre, even tho they have great finishing, compusture and all..

You know, these things happen a lot with me, for example, when i started with Dortmund....Barrios have greats stats, and he misses almost every one on one chances...I dunno what is it, but theres players that scores and others dont socre, even tho they have great finishing, compusture and all..

For Hugsy and Barmy, what is the depth looking like in your ST dept? Because one thing thats help a lot as well is competition from another proficient striker. Buy a striker that can give him a run for his money!

Do you rotate players? It might be the fact that he's a bit full of football. Try and give an other striker a chance for 2-3 games, and if the replacement doesn't play well, get your main ST back in the starting 11. I had the same problem with Podolski, he was missing 2-3 CCC's a game, gave him 2 weeks o the bench and he banged a hattrick in his first game after that.
For Hugsy and Barmy, what is the depth looking like in your ST dept? Because one thing thats help a lot as well is competition from another proficient striker. Buy a striker that can give him a run for his money!

Thanks for the help guys. I left him out and threw in a youngster for a few games, he came back in and scored a hattrick. I'll look at signing a new striker to put pressure on him though.

It was just a strange one as his shot on target average was amazing, must have just been tapping it to the keeper everytime he got through

Status
Not open for further replies.