Editor - Creating a league with Groups + Championship Playoffs

YasserRahman

Reaction score
I've been working on an idea with the Indian league, basically, Indian Football received a 800 Million USD funding from IMG-Reliance over a 15 year period. I was just trying to create a new league structure with the money going to the clubs via TV and prize money over 15 years.

The league structure I have created is as such

1st Division - 21 teams Top Spot Champions and 2 relegated to 2nd Division

2nd Division- 42 teams in 2 groups of 21 each. Top team from each group promoted and bottom 3 in each group relegated to 3rd Division.

3rd Division - 63 teams in 3 groups of 21 each.Top 2 teams in each group promoted and bottom 4 teams in each group get relegated.

4th Division - 84 teams in 4 groups of 21 each. Top 3 teams in each group get promoted.

I also created a few cups ; Federation Cup ( similar to FA Cup) , Durand Cup ( Div 1,2 and 3 teams only) , Indian Cup ( Div 2,3 and 4 only) plus Division Cups for each division plus the Super Cup ( League 1 winner vs Federation Cup winner).

I ran it for a few seasons, and everything works really smoothly except for one little problem, my lower Divisions don't have any champions / holders. Is there anyway I can get each Division to have it's own champion?

I tried adding a Championship playoff, as a cup format, but when I test nation rules, it tells me "Number of teams getting promoted must be 0 when using a Championship Playoff." I'm not using the promotion playoff, just for Championship. I would really appreciate any help.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

***Bump****

Would really appreciate any help, suggestions or a pointer to an editor guide or manual.