EduinJBL

Reaction score
Hi,
I developed this tactic in trying to win the premiership with Fulham and had very good results (as shown below). The tactic is aimed at mid or lower table clubs who are aiming to push up the table, with a more able squad it will still probably work, however it is reasonably defensive in nature and so will therefore not thrash all opponents as other tactics do.

Download HERE!

The Formation

2yw5u9z.png

The idea is that although there are three central midfielders, due to the high width setting and the high closing down setting of the left and right central midfielders they become to an extent carrileros and make the formation less weak from wide, as most formations without wide midfielders or wingers are.

The Players

Goalkeeper
Important Attributes: Aerial ability, Handling, Reflexes, Command of area, One-on-ones
Ideal Players: Maarten Stekeleenburg, Eduardo, Keiren Westwood

Right Centreback-Stopper
IMPORTANT PLAYER
Important Attributes: Heading, Marking, Anticipation, Strength, Tackling
Ideal Players: Roland Juhasz, Brede Hangeland, Ledley King

Left Centreback-Cover
Important Attributes: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Acceleration, Tackling
Ideal Players: Daniel Carrico, Phil Jagielka, Aurelien Chedjou

Fullbacks-The left back should be the better attacking player of the two.
Important Attributes: Crossing, Acceleration, Pace, Tackling, Marking, Stamina
Ideal Players: Seamus Coleman, Leighton Baines, John Arne Riise

Defensive Mid-Anchorman
Important Attributes: Tackling, Marking, Stamina, Strength, Teamwork, Good Heading is a bonus
Ideal Players: Kara, Eyong Enoh, Leandro Somoza

Centre Mid-Deeplying Playmaker
IMPORTANT PLAYER
Important Attributes: Creativity, Passing, Tackling, Decisions, First Touch
Ideal Players: James Mcarthur, Mario Bolatti, Stiliyan Petrov

Left and Right Centre Mids-Box-to-Box Mids
Important Attributes: STAMINA, Passing, Decisions, Tackling, First Touch
Ideal Players: William Kvist, Mattheo Brighi, Jack Rodwell

Left Forward-Deep-Lying Forward
MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER, absolutely vital that they are one of the best players on your team if not the best.
Important Attributes: Creativity, Dribbling, Agility, Off the Ball, Flair, Passing, Finishing, First Touch, Acceleration
Ideal Players: Christian Benitez, John Fleck, Nicholas Gaitan
Set the Left Forward as both the playmaker and the target man
Right Forward-Poacher
Important Attributes: Finishing, Composure, Off the Ball, Acceleration, Anticipation
Ideal Players: Theofanis Gekas, Grafite, Liedson

Opposition Instructions
All strikers and midfielders shown onto weaker foot.
All strikers, wingers, wide midfielders always marked tightly
All central midfielders always closed down, same for creative defensive midfielders
Players with low bravery or high aggression should be tackled hard
If there is a key playmaker such as fabregas in central midfield set him to be specifically marked by the deeplying playmaker

Pitch Size: Standard

Touchline Instructions
If too many long shots or crossing ineffective then put on 'Work Ball into Box'. If you are drawing at 60 mins or losing at 45 mins, add 'Look for Overlap' and set mentality to Attacking. If still drawing at 75 mins change mentality to Overload and add 'Get Ball Forward'and 'Take More Risks'.

Match Preparation
To get good results must be implemented in preseason and used in around 6 friendlies with match preparation on ‘None’ and very high unless you have a lot of players who have just arrived in which case use ‘Team Blend’.

From then on use ‘Team Blend’ if players are struggling to blend into the team until the day before matchday when set it to ‘Attacking Movement’ unless the team has conceded a lot recently in which case put it on a defensive setting in accord with the type of goals that are being conceded.

Tweaks
1. If playing against a team playing two strikers, make sure that the stopper CB is playing opposite the oppositions Target Man to prevent flick-ons
2.If you have a midfielder with high long shots and decisions set his 'take long shots' from rarely to sometimes.

Here are some results….
2vcyjph.png

2ewmwee.png

w99zl4.png

x5a9ao.png

so2wlw.png

aop1cm.png

i25wyw.png

8x8s9i.png

Thanks, for reading and hopefully downloading, feedback and testing would be much appreciated

Last edited:
sorry, just waiting for it to be moderated and then it will be added

I going to try this with Blackpool with no signings and see what happens, once the link is up that is LOL

Champions first year with Fulham??? Brilliant...

What teamtalks are you using and are you attending the press conferences yourself???

never attend press conferences except after great victories...to bask in the glory.
Usually use wolfsong's teamtalks, sometimes mixing it up it's up to you

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Why is it taking 4 hours to be moderated?
Have to wait for the moderator to come online, sorry

ooops is that not automatically set, both is the left forward and supply is to feet shall add that to the OP

Brilliant tactic! Won the quadrouple with Tottenham 1st season!
Sounds great, could u post the screenshots

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Could You Show Me Your Transfers In Your First Season Please? thanks
Yes, ofc. I would note that if I did it again I would do it slightly differently, so don't treat them like a bible I considered transfers more when I put up the potential transfers in the OP. But, anyway here it is:
2w1t8vs.png

Will test it with Sunderland, will post screenshots once the season is finished. Ty