Emmanuel Adebayor fined & suspended

JDY

Reaction score
Emmanuel Adebayor has been handed a 2 match ban following his goal celebration against Arsenal a few weeks ago. The striker has also been given a £25,000 fine. However, Adebayor can play in Manchester City's trip to Villa on Monday . .

fined for showing passion, what is happening

Oh well he'll barely feel that 25 grand with all the money he gets, he should be banned for more affter his malicious attack on Van Persie

what are you on. there's showing passion and showing spite and hate for another set of supporters. his actions provoked a surge which could have seriously injured someone. he deserved what he got.

Passion and showing off are two different things, Adebayor provoked the Arsenal fans, there was no passion, just desire to annoy them. He deserves it

Surely Gary Neville should be given a similar sort of punishment ?

Hasnt he been given an suspended 2 match ban, so pretty much no ban at all.

i was wondering what the suspended part meant.

Its pretty much means if he doesnt do anything in like 2 years the suspension will be abolished, So if he does anythingelse in the period he will get the 2 match suspension.

1 - If Adebayor was displaying passion for his new club, he should of celebrated with their supporters instead of trying to wind up the fans that supported him through the break through in his career. He needs to remember that without Arsenal he wouldn't of just doubled his wage packet. Whether or not he was showing signs of relief after being un-settled at Arsenal for some time, does not give him the right to provoke his old clubs supporters.

2. The 2 match ban is fair, credit to football for that, but unless other players are banned for doing so, then Adebayor has every right in the world to appeal against this. Eduardo was handed a ban for diving, this was very strange as the likes of, Ronaldo, Pires, Drogba, Gerrard and so on have never received one. (Probally because they havent played against such whiney gits as Celtic before, urgh didn't they make a fuss out of nothing, they had not control of the game, already out, and cryed so much about it) Fifa realised that if they had to ban Eduardo they would then have to ban every player that dives and does not get booked for it. I believe that is why Eduardo won his appeal, and why i believe Adebayor will most likely appeal and be succesful. I think football organisations should not back down from these events. As an Arsenal fan i think that Eduardo was right to be banned if Fifa then would hand out a ban to every player from that moment onwards that did the same. This would set the tone for all footballers out there that we don't want to see it in the game. If Adebayor does appeal against this, i would like to see him has his appeal turned down and for every player that follows suit should recieve identical punishment.

3 - £25,000 fine? The man earns triple that. Docking him 2 weeks wages is much more suitible. He has the best job in the world, he gets to do what he loves and get over paid for it. If he is earning £100,000 p/w, then he should take what the fans dish out at him with a level of proffesionalism, no one is paying him to be a poor sport.

4 - Adebayor has no excuse for his disgusting kick to Robin Van Persie, it has no place in this game, and to be quite honest he is very lucky to not recieve further punishment. Robin and Emmanuel were team mates for several years working very closely together, to turn your back on your club, your fans and your friends is just stupid.

In conclusion Adebayor stop being such a girl and get on with it.

its only a suspend ban so really other than the 25k ban its nothing as all the papers said to day "adebayor gets away with it!" total rubbish its twats like him that cause inosent people to get hurt in rushing crowds. can`t wait for arsenal v city!! i bet he won`t even make the bench.

i love it, these player are giving it back they recieve, so why shouldnt they give it back, i would, neville, ady are allowed to do it