England squad vs Montenegro

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Reaction score
Fabio Capello has named a 24-man squad for England’s final UEFA Euro 2012 Group G Qualifier on Friday night.

The Three Lions travel to Podgorica knowing that a point against Montenegro will secure a place at next summer’s Finals in Poland and Ukraine.

Capello has been able to call upon Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck, who missed last month’s games through injury, and will hope that he can bring his club form of five goals in his last six games to the international stage.

Tottenham’s Kyle Walker, who scored the winner in Sunday’s north London derby against Arsenal, is also recalled to the squad. Bobby Zamora, who was also a scorer on Sunday, is one of five forwards on Capello’s list.

Goalkeepers
Scott Carson, Joe Hart, David Stockdale

Defenders
Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Phil Jones, Micah Richards, John Terry, Kyle Walker

Midfielders
Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young

Forwards
Darren Bent, Andy Carroll, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Bobby Zamora.

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/m...-v-England/Match-Previews/england-squad-named

No Gabby, and Barry is included. RAEG

I think last time England played with Parker - Barry combination and it worked fine. With out Wilshere CM choices are shocking.

Can't get my head around the inclusion of both Milner and Barry. One or the other, surely, with Milner the preferred choice.

RAEG ? You mean RAGE? |)

You should be happy, means he cant get injured !

No, I mean RAEG.

I just heard he ruled himself out because he has a slightly dicky back, so hey. Don't understand Walcott and Barry's inclusion.

Surprised by some of the choices and some who have been left out.

Bent has been outperformed by Agbonlahor this season. If Welbeck is in the squad, I don't see how Sturridge isn't.

However, pleased with the calls ups of Jones, Richards and Walker. Quite a few options in the defence now.

No, I mean RAEG.

I just heard he ruled himself out because he has a slightly dicky back, so hey. Don't understand Walcott and Barry's inclusion.

Barry annoying has had a good start to the season and played well over the last two internationals

Start Rooney in the hole please

Okay, Barry's performances may have improved, but Gabby deserved a chance for goodness sake. People may be surprised when I say this, but I would've dropped Jagielka. His recent performances haven't been his usual, and he's been making some errors he wouldn't usually make. Break would've done him good-he needs to sort himself out a bit.

I'm not too worried about the likes of sturridge. they will get their time, and for once its nice to have people playing well in and out the selection, get this win/point and qualify. Then have the two big friendlies to see everyone else

Barry annoying has had a good start to the season and played well over the last two internationals

Start Rooney in the hole please

4-2-3-1.

Hart
Walker Jones Terry Cole
Parker Barry
Downing Rooney Young
Bent

What more does Sturridge have to do to earn a ******* call up!!!! He has been playing well for Chelsea and yet Carroll imo has been poor for Liverpool but still gets a call up :/

What more does Sturridge have to do to earn a ******* call up!!!! He has been playing well for Chelsea and yet Carroll imo has been poor for Liverpool but still gets a call up :/

They are two different types of player...

Personally think Sturridge deserved it over Welbeck, but eh.

And glad/sad Kelly isn't in the squad.

Gutted Sturridge did not make it, i though his fantastic performace vs Bolton would be enough for him to make it to the squad at the very least, hopefully he works hard and continues to keep up his form because he has a real chance to make it for the Euro's

Otherwise strong squad as usual.. hope to see Welbeck doing well

Gutted Sturridge did not make it, i though his fantastic performace vs Bolton would be enough for him to make it to the squad at the very least, hopefully he works hard and continues to keep up his form because he has a real chance to make it for the Euro's

Otherwise strong squad as usual.. hope to see Welbeck doing well

He'll get his chance, get this game out the way and qualify, and we have two huge friendlies, in which he will and should get his chance