Err. Winning a game although you lost the penalty shootout

CorvetteC3

Reaction score
Last night I was playing my Arsenal game, nearing the end of the season had a great run against top teams, finished fourth in the league and won the FA Cup. Then came the Champions League final against Liverpool. The game was a real cracker. I was chasing Liverpool the whole game and fought hard. As you can see from the goalscoring times then the second and third goal were quite last-minute efforts. And then came the shootout. Now if you take look at the screenshot then you'll see that I won it but in reality my penalty taking order was: Wilshere, Diaby, Cesc, Di Maria and Veloso. Liverpools line-up was a bit different too. But now the big error. Liverpool didn't miss a single penalty, it was Miguel Veloso who couldn't keep his nerve and hit Reina instead of scoring. I was quite ****** off because of it but then I pressed continue and when I got to the message screen I saw all these messages congratulating me for the win. I was bemused. I went back to the match report and saw this new result. Luckily im just familiarising myself with the new FM on this save, but from now on I will make sure I save the game between each match.

Mysterious. Just reviewed the match higlights and there I see my team losing the shootout

Last edited:
Ah well, at least this can happen in favour of the player, not just in favour of the AI!.