Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Yes he should but not at captain.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No he should be left out.

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
edited aannddyy, sounded a bit snappy :wub:

Sigh, put the wrong vote in. As another note, he shouldn't go as captain. If, as I think he shouldn't, he doesn't start, then he can't really be captain. I say make Scotty Parker captain.

Innocent until proven guilty imo.
Should go since he brings experience, skill and reliability to our back four. Our next best defender is probably Ferdinand who also brings experience and skill but he isn't so reliable. So having Terry there can only be good in term of footballing ability.

As Captain? Ask the team. If one person can't put differences aside for a few weeks, then strip him of the captaincy. Although I dont know who could take it.
Ferdinand? Probably wont play every game.
Gerrard & Lampard? Same problem.
Rooney? Not going to playing in the Group Stages.

Why drag along burned out players who never really accomplished anything on a national level? Not to mention benching him would propably stir **** up even more.

yes terry should go and as captain! all this is being blown out of all proportion by the media its a joke!.ferdinand didnt hear terry say what he apparently said he is just going on the words of a qpr fan and a youtube video i have seen the said video and there is no qpr player in sight of terry so how can you prove what terry said was aimed at ferdinand? terry is 1 of if not the best center back england has so he should go and who would be better as captain? rio has been none exsitant for man utd this season and when he has played he hasnt played well steven gerrad has been injured for liverpool hasnt played that much and as for rooney he couldnt captain an under7s 5 aside game he would be more at home in an over 65 womens game his record for englan in major tournements is quite frankly rubbish and he is englands best player ? if he is englands best player it will be a summer of disapointment again but terry should go and as captain

Why drag along burned out players who never really accomplished anything on a national level? Not to mention benching him would propably stir **** up even more.

Wouldn't apply that to a single player-there's more than 1 player on the pitch.

I personally don't think he should go, but I think he will. I then think England will crash and burn and he'll be the easy scapegoat England have after every failed tournament.

Won't they need the other players to act as witnesses for the prosecution/defence too, resulting in others being pulled from their teams. Those who were nearby and are likely to be asked to tell the jury what they saw.

Postponing the trial is the only logical route if you think about it.

Take him, I want to see him to try and racially abuse someone like Sakho when/if we play France, who would probably just snap him in half... and then steal his wallet, rape his family and eat some fried chicken.

It would be carnage!

yes terry should go and as captain! all this is being blown out of all proportion by the media its a joke!.ferdinand didnt hear terry say what he apparently said he is just going on the words of a qpr fan and a youtube video i have seen the said video and there is no qpr player in sight of terry so how can you prove what terry said was aimed at ferdinand? terry is 1 of if not the best center back england has so he should go and who would be better as captain? rio has been none exsitant for man utd this season and when he has played he hasnt played well steven gerrad has been injured for liverpool hasnt played that much and as for rooney he couldnt captain an under7s 5 aside game he would be more at home in an over 65 womens game his record for englan in major tournements is quite frankly rubbish and he is englands best player ? if he is englands best player it will be a summer of disapointment again but terry should go and as captain

Couldn't disagree more. He should'nt start imo. As Godcubed has already stated, his pace is pretty much non-existant. He'll be skinned alive. Yes he has the positional awareness, but it doesn't always make up for the other necessary attributes. He has been a great servant, but it's obvious he's not how he used to be. The biggest culprits-age and injuries. Should go-but not start.

And I don't know why it was necessary to slaughter everybody else. Terry has had his moments too. No-one is exempt whatsoever.

Take him, I want to see him to try and racially abuse someone like Sakho when/if we play France, who would probably just snap him in half... and then steal his wallet, rape his family and eat some fried chicken.

It would be carnage!

Racist...

If he's performing, then there shouldn't really be a reason not to go, but then again, it could lead to disruption in the squad.

I think it's far too early to make a decision. The decision has to be made in the month or two leading up to the tournament, if he's performing well, he goes, and as captain, simple as that (to use a Cjacko line).

The decision should be a footballing one, John Terry is the most passionate player we have, he organises well and is very experienced at that level. I'd always want him in my side.

OK, Mike, I didn't see that.. My bad.

Still don't think he should go. Definitely not as captain. Would love to see Gerrard captain, which is probably why I care so much about Terry not going... Still think the guys a complete mug and just generally a terrible professional.

I'm curious as to whether you guys think he will be found guilty and what punishment/ if any, he will receive? I believe his excuse was that he was saying to Anton "Do you think I called you a '******* black ****'?" ... I mean, that's just the worst defence ever. He also pleaded Not Guilty.

LOL.

Firstly, who cares who it was aimed at? He called somebody a "******* black ****"...

Secondly, how do we know it was aimed at Ferdinand? Because we aren't mentally retarded, that's how.. You might call it "magic".

As for the rest of your post, continue babbling, mate.

It would be carnage!

I don't get it, that doesn't fit the French stereotype at all..........

(; Hurhurhur.

Couldn't disagree more. He should'nt start imo. As Godcubed has already stated, his pace is pretty much non-existant. He'll be skinned alive. Yes he has the positional awareness, but it doesn't always make up for the other necessary attributes. He has been a great servant, but it's obvious he's not how he used to be. The biggest culprits-age and injuries. Should go-but not start.

And I don't know why it was necessary to slaughter everybody else. Terry has had his moments too. No-one is exempt whatsoever.

Again since when was pace a must have ability for a centre back to have???? In fact there isen't many centre backs who are quick because most quick players end up playing a more attacking position because of their pace. His heading, positioning and awareness of the game is still one of the best in Europe without a doubt.

Sigh, put the wrong vote in. As another note, he shouldn't go as captain. If, as I think he shouldn't, he doesn't start, then he can't really be captain. I say make Scotty Parker captain.

If JT wasen't captain then i'd nominate Parker definatly.

Won't they need the other players to act as witnesses for the prosecution/defence too, resulting in others being pulled from their teams. Those who were nearby and are likely to be asked to tell the jury what they saw.

Postponing the trial is the only logical route if you think about it.

Exacly what i said earlier mate, spot on.

Again since when was pace a must have ability for a centre back to have???? In fact there isen't many centre backs who are quick because most quick players end up playing a more attacking position because of their pace. His heading, positioning and awareness of the game is still one of the best in Europe without a doubt.

Not having a go at him or anything-everyone knows he has great awereness. But if he's isolated against someone because somebody screwed up-he'll get burned. Like I said, not attacking him as he has put in great performances in the past, and I in no way question his leadership abilities. But a player like Cahill or Jagielka would have a better chance of getting back to put in a challenge in that situation. Just an opinion nothing more

I think it's far too early to make a decision. The decision has to be made in the month or two leading up to the tournament, if he's performing well, he goes, and as captain, simple as that (to use a Cjacko line).

The decision should be a footballing one, John Terry is the most passionate player we have, he organises well and is very experienced at that level. I'd always want him in my side.

Agreed, the legal decision is a no brainer.

If he is on form, and the players are happy, then he should go. If there is an issue with players for form, then he shouldnt

a defensive line needs pace from one of the centrebacks. Which means either Smalling or Jags must start