Andrewpage14

Reaction score
I am playing as Everton and I have a game coming up against Manchester United which is bound to be key in the fight for the title. I am 9 points behind United in 2nd in the middle of December. My main 11 is:

GK Tim Howard

DR Bacary Sagna
DC Adil Rami
DC John Heitinga
DL Leighton Baines

MC Marouane Fellani
MC Tim Cahill
AMR Donovan/Di Maria
AML Eden Hazard

ST Nikica Jelavic
ST Carlos Tevez

I have no cheated for this team, I downloaded someone's game where Everton had a tycoon takeover at the start of the 2nd season.

What I am asking is, does anyone have any tips on the best way to come out on top against Manchester United such as where to put the defensive line, width, or any touchline shouts.

Thank you in advance :)

It depends if you are at home or away. At home, I'd say play with a high line play the offside trap. This ahs worked for me in the past, however they are ridiculously quick on the counter. Should always play counter attacking football against them. It might even be worth bringing your AMR & L back to MR & L, and pull Tevez back into AMC acting as a trequartista, to bulk up the midfield and make it hard for them to play through you

It depends if you are at home or away. At home, I'd say play with a high line play the offside trap. This ahs worked for me in the past, however they are ridiculously quick on the counter. Should always play counter attacking football against them. It might even be worth bringing your AMR & L back to MR & L, and pull Tevez back into AMC acting as a trequartista, to bulk up the midfield and make it hard for them to play through you

Thanks for that. Yeah I'm playing at home. Might try for the 4-4-1-1 tactic as that is my back up anyway. Thanks for your help :)

If you take the lead, I would do touchline shout: Drop Deeper, Retain Possession, and set focus passing to wings. Also, Standing Off may work, because it wont bring your players out to block them, and, therefore, leaving no space to exploit. It might also be catastrophic as well, because you might give them too much space. You could also drop one, or even both, of the CM's to DM's as Anchor Man, and set their mentalities to complete Defensive. Make the full backs defensive, and the CB's as Limited Defenders Cover. Set your Philosophy to Very Rigid, and make the Mentality Counter. I guess it depends whether you want to win, or whether you want to survive!
If you take the lead, I suggest you go completely defensive, but it might not work, and then you have no way back in the game because you wont have enough time and attacking players.
Basically, Man Utd are a very tough team to come up against at home!