Favourite Thing to do in Football Manager?

fm1063

Reaction score
I was just wondering what is everyone's favourite thing to do on football manager? Is it transfers, watching the matches, etc.

Personally my favourite thing is Transfers :p!

I'd say transfers too, but the whole process of seeing how the players work out after :)!

Winning. Nothing else matters. Players dont' perform-they're out the door

Edit-and developing own players through academy.

Last edited:
End Of The Season. Seeing My Final Position And Seeing How Much I Get For New Transfers.

One of my favourite bits, is in Pre-Season, when deadwood is released and you have a chance to add additions to your squad. I always find that fun- But nothing ever beats, a late goal in stoppage time. I love that ^^)

So are your players scared of you lol :p

Well, the squad status is "highly professional", so I pretty much demand the players do what they're supposed do. On £55,000 pw they should be. Good thing, they all accept criticism when due and respond positively. Which is why I never ever have volatile or confrontational players. I only select the best :)

I like this feature. That is what real football managers do.

[video=youtube;Pzy8q3ZZa8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzy8q3ZZa8M[/video]

I also like to buy young players and see them become keyplayers.

Last edited:
Building up a team of unknown regens to transform into a top team in a few seasons.

Searching for some ridiculous bargains.

I sign about 20 players whose contracts are expiring that i dont actually need, and end up with about 10 new strikers, just incase i play a 0-0-10 formation one day ;)

If I have excess in transfer budget, I invest in signing quality transfer-listed, unhappy, unsettled, want-out players, even if I do not need them. I then bench them and maybe playing them in a few games if injury crisis arises. After 1 season or half a season (if I signed them in Jan), I sell them for a way much higher price. That way I'm increasing club revenues and my transfer budget (esp that I have a high percentage of available transfer fee).

Last edited:
winning while being really cheap with wages and transfers and making a profit each month

All of the above. Developing average looking youth players and turning them into world beaters has to be my favourite though. You should see how Conor Coady now looks on my save :)

winning while being really cheap with wages and transfers and making a profit each month

^^ This.

Also like doing it with a relatively low stature club and bringing them to the pinnacle of footballing greatness :)