FC United vs Man Utd (The Anti-Glaziers Challenge)

TAPDoink

Reaction score
This Challenge is quite unusual but is along similar line as the Lowest League Challenge. It involves taking over the club that spawned from the rebellion against the Glaziers 'buying' out Manchester United with the clubs own money.

More often than not, FC United get promoted to Blue Square North after 1 season of FM12. The challenge is to start unemployed as a Sunday Leaguer, holiday for a season until FC United are promoted and then create a new manager (Sunday Leaguer) playing as FC United (retiring your previous unused manager).

From here you can guide FC United up the leagues as they should have managed in real life and challenge the Glaziers. Like myself anyone who takes on this challenge is likely to be a massive Man Utd fan and don't like seeing the downfall of Man Utd (or Alex Ferguson) even in a game however the ultimate aim of this game is to have become the club Man Utd was whilst watching the original Man Utd fall from grace overburdened by debt.

I will be taking this challenge on myself at some point however with the Lowest League, San Marino and One Season challenges keeping me busy it is likely to be a while before I get around to trying this.

To show progress please post the following screenshots at the end of each season (or go through your history if you are already far into your game):

Final League Table
Season Transfers
Season Best XI

Also tell us each of these so that I can make a log of how people are doing underneath (anyone who is past their 3rd season):

Season:
League and Final Position:
All Cups:

Any other information is welcome but not necessary.

Hall Of Fame:

gotlandskommun - League 1
jhazz99 - League 1
mainomano - League 1

Last edited:
I'll take on this challenge! I'll see if FC united get promoted after this season! Sounds like it'll be tons of fun! I'll have to get some kits made of course!

Just edit FC United into the first season in blue north premier thats what i did previously.

ah, but if you leave the players they will develop a bit after a season under their belts.

I presume as their amatuers, their **** anyway ^_^

lol.

haha, Well some are, but you do get a few gems - Chris Smalling?

Just edit FC United into the first season in blue north premier thats what i did previously.

True but this leaves it open to edit the club however they please before starting, I think starting with the default database makes it a fair start for everyone even though the club will be slightly different in every game.

I'll take on this challenge! I'll see if FC united get promoted after this season! Sounds like it'll be tons of fun! I'll have to get some kits made of course!

I hope you do mate, it'd be great to see someone do it even if I never get to do it myself.

It'd be amazing if someone pulled this off. Take a lot of dedication. (H)

If you do it the way the OP says it means that everyone who accepts the challenge is on level ground.

If you do it the way the OP says it means that everyone who accepts the challenge is on level ground.

was only suggesting you could just give the edited file for d/load saves the waiting.

was only suggesting you could just give the edited file for d/load saves the waiting.

That is good thinking but there is something that feels more authentic about doing it with the true version of the game instead of an edited version (even if it is purely for the sake of this challenge).

I am going to undertake the challenge tomorrow morning, just finishing a bit of the paris FC challenge. I will give updates tomorrow around 1pm EST.

FC United play in the Conference North? Shouldn't they be in the game?

going very well for me =))

Great progress. Post your transfers from each year and league tables as well (quite a few screenshots but won't take long and will prove that you're doing it legit). Your game looks legit, I'll add it into the main thread so that everyone does it.