Reaction score
It was only three months ago that I was playing and managing Brora United, my local Sunday League team, playing and beating men 2 times my age.

I think the locals were more impressed with my managerial prowess than my goalscoring record, and that was saying something - I was scoring nearly 3 goals per game. But somehow I managed to get the best out of everyone - even though I was only 16.

I never thought about taking my 'talent' to a bigger stage, but that all changed when Bob Trew approached me. Turns out, his nephew owns a football club in ENGLAND, and they happened to be looking for both a manager and a striker! I was stunned. I was offered the opportunity to ply my trades in League 1, at a club called Notts County.

I had never been to England before, it was certainly a long drive! We (my Mum and I) arrived at Nottingham to be greeted by Ray Trew, Bob's nephew, who suprisingly wasn't shocked by my age! After an hour long meeting, he assured me that he fully trusted his Uncle, and me, and gave me two contracts to sign - one as a player and one as a manager. I was to start tommorow!

Haha great start to the story. It was like an emotional start towards a dream. Excellent, I like it.

5th July 2011
I arrived at my first day, not really knowing what was going to happen! I had a meeting with the staff who breafed me on the players, and strengths and weeknesses in the squad. And, for the first time ever, I was given money to spend on new players! We were aiming for a minimum of mid-table, but having a shot at the play-offs.

After that, I had my first training session where I immediatly spotted my key men.
View attachment 200415View attachment 200414View attachment 200413

But one above all shone out, the most experienced man in the squad, who I would have to work very closely with, both as a
manager and as a striker... Lee Hughes (and me!)
View attachment 200422View attachment 200421

As you would expect there were also a few areas that needed some strengthening!

Next update: Transfers