• no

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

casey32

Reaction score
The Sky Blues The Limit : Coventry City 1st Season in Europe How Far Will They Go?

Coventry to the Top, from Championship to Champions League

Pages 1-4 : season 2009-2010 (Championship)

Pages 4-6 : season 2010-2011 (Premiership)

Pages 6+ : season 2011-2012 (Premiership + Europe)

New Improved Layout After Page 4

Coventry-City.png

After the unexpected departure of Chris Coleman the Sky Blues have appointed rookie Irish manager Simon Casey. Casey made a statement this morning saying his aim is to have Coventry City in the Premiership and in Europe as soon as possible. Casey also added he sees promotion a possibility this season despite being predicted to finish 18th by the media.

3480168641_2cf927fd03.jpg

Casey has also stated his aims to bring an attractive attacking style of football to The Ricoh Area, and hopes this new air of optimism well help fill the 32000 seater.

image-3-for-coventry-city-fc-begin-pre-season-training-gallery-408417651.jpg

As the players take to pre-season training there is uncertainty surrounding who will be on their way and whose on their way out, but only time will tell as the manager will not talk about the matter of yet.

Details: Patch 10.3

NO CHEATING
MY OWN TACTICS
NO LURKING OUTSIDE CORNER GLITCH:p
JUST GOOD OLD FASHIONED MANAGEMENT TO THE TOP

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Casey Lets Fans Have a Say
The Sky Blues manager called out to fans in a recent interview asking fans for who they would like to be signed for the club. Casey did say he would take all suggestions on bord but will not make any promises that the fans choice will be chosen. In Casey's words, " It is not a competition , it is a change for the fans to feel more part of the club yet it will benefit the clubs by adding a huge scout base. You never know a unknown gem could be discovered by you!"

Transfer Budget:
£90,000 p/w and £1,872,000 for spending
[/LEFT]​

Last edited:
good luck mate, always had a soft spot for coventry, good to see someone making their own tactics, ive just began to on my kidderminster story

NO LURKING OUT SIDE CORNER ROUTINES

Having a Lurker is not bad, it is the lurk glitch that is bad, almost every corner tactic I have uses a lurker, It does not produce out of this world results. And it is realistic, see the Glen Johnson goal vs Sunderland, he was a lurker....

Good luck, I remember back in the late 90's when Coventry were consistently in relegation trouble in the EPL, but always managed to finish 15th-17th and avoid it. At one stage they had been in the English top division for a longer period than Manchester United.

Having a Lurker is not bad, it is the lurk glitch that is bad, almost every corner tactic I have uses a lurker, It does not produce out of this world results. And it is realistic, see the Glen Johnson goal vs Sunderland, he was a lurker....

Good luck, I remember back in the late 90's when Coventry were consistently in relegation trouble in the EPL, but always managed to finish 15th-17th and avoid it. At one stage they had been in the English top division for a longer period than Manchester United.
do you mind not spamming the thread? if you need a a corner trick to win, you are bad at fm period, sorry for this casey

by that i meant the glitch, thanks for the sopport

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

good luck mate, always had a soft spot for coventry, good to see someone making their own tactics, ive just began to on my kidderminster story

thanks good luck with yours, i think it may be harder then i thought very small squad

do you mind not spamming the thread? if you need a a corner trick to win, you are bad at fm period, sorry for this casey

Where on earth did I spam the thread...Where on Earth did I say I needed a corner trick to win, all I said is that I use lurkers because nearly every team in world football has one guy outside the area to clean up the scraps...

Again, good luck with progressing on this.

1.8M...Could look at Verratti and Djalo, everyone knows them, but if they come they are really good players.

Where on earth did I spam the thread...Where on Earth did I say I needed a corner trick to win, all I said is that I use lurkers because nearly every team in world football has one guy outside the area to clean up the scraps...

Again, good luck with progressing on this.

1.8M...Could look at Verratti and Djalo, everyone knows them, but if they come they are really good players.

I not sure about spam maybe he felt it was off topic i know were u where coming from doh, Djalo wont come, and Verratti im looking into, very short of strikers only got 2, whole squad is only 20 players thinking of Traore for around 800k and Nonda on a free but Traore could be snapped up by a big side, Changed the top to glitch to stop confusion both corners haha

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Coventry Struggle To Hold On To Stars

Coventry City already with a small squad of 20 have see alot of interest surrounding to of there players, young irish goalkeeper Keiren Westwood and Icelandic international Aron Gunnarsson.

Gunnarsson has attracted interest from FC Bayern and Man City, A.C. Milan along with other clubs are said to be monitoring the 19 year old. Gunnarsson was unhappy when a reported 1.2million offer from Shaktar was rejected and it may prove difficult to keep him at the club. It is rumored the club want 5million for the youngster but if he keeps complaining and pushing his weight around they may be forced into lower that.

Image_4_for_Blackburn_22_Coventry_gallery_413203548.jpg

Westwood has been linked to numerous French and German sides but the 1.5million valued keeper is said to be happy at The Ricoh Area.

759762122-05102009005046.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Sky Blues New Signing

Introducing Free Signing Shabani Nonda

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RitDKPyH8Jw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RitDKPyH8Jw&feature=related[/ame]​

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Two More Strikers

Coventry City have signed two more striker bringing there total up to 5 strikers at the club. The two players signed where Lacina Traore and Yannick Djalo. The Sky Blues have also added 5 more players to the squad total 8 new member to the squad despite still being in July. Michael Ball and Ronnie O'Brien joining on free transfers, Also John Fleck, Nacer Barazite and Fabrice Muamba have joined on season long loans.Although Gunnarsson is rumoured to be leaving for A.C. Milan for as little as 2million to help fund improvements need in defence and also Gunnarsson contract runs out this season and it is clear he wants out of the club.

18 year old Lacina Traore the 6 ft 8 Ivorian joined from Romanian side CFR Cluj for 950k
lacina-traore.jpg

Former Portuguese under21 international Yannick Djalo was a suprise signing, the 23 yearold was signed from Sporting Lisbon for 925k where he made 82 league appearances scoring 27 goals.
yannick_dajalo_sporting_benfica_tac.jpg

Last edited:
Traore and Djalo will make a terrorizing strike partnership especially in the Championship.

Traore and Djalo will make a terrorizing strike partnership especially in the Championship.

i hope so... and with Nonda Eastwood and Morrison as back up things look good in the goal department

Pre-Season in Pics

Shows: Pre-Season results, First Team Squad, Reserve Squad and Transfers.

Last edited:
Good luck mate. Operation Premier League is the thing around the Ricoh isnt it? Looks like your squad is good enough to complete the Operation. I'll follow!

Good luck mate! Championship is tough but you've made some good signings there! EPL here we come .......

AUGUST 2009

Coventry 2-1 Ipswich

A good start to the season, the match was full of events. On the 4th minutes Liam Rosenior was given his marching orders for a terrible tackle on John Fleck , although there are claims that Fleck dived the Ipswich man did go in with two feet. 19 minutes in Ipswich were given a penalty for a handball by Barnett, the penalty was coolly put away by David Healy. Just before half-time Traore slotted home a chance on the 44th minute to put Coventry on level terms. the first half also saw to injuries to Djalo neither serious but Djalo was taken off at half time and replaced by Eastwood. The second Coventry Goal came on the 74th minute again from Traore. In summary it was a match totally controlled by the Sky Blues who could of had 5 or 6.

image-5-for-coventry-city-2-ipswich-town-1-gallery-335002109.jpg

Coventry 2-0 Brentford (League Cup 1st Round)

Another good attacking display. Goals from Traore and barnett, but another slight injury to Djalo

Barnsley 1-3 Coventry
Coventry maintain they 100% start thanks to a brace from Traore and a fine header from Cathart

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Good luck mate! Championship is tough but you've made some good signings there! EPL here we come .......

Ive got promition with Palace and QPR both in 1st season but this seems alot tougher ask​
[/LEFT]​

Last edited:
Coventry 2-1 Ipswich

A good start to the season, the match was full of events. On the 4th minutes Liam Rosenior was given his marching orders for a terrible tackle on John Fleck , although there are claims that Fleck dived the Ipswich man did go in with two feet. 19 minutes in Ipswich were given a penalty for a handball by Barnett, the penalty was coolly put away by David Healy. Just before half-time Traore slotted home a chance on the 44th minute to put Coventry on level terms. the first half also saw to injuries to Djalo neither serious but Djalo was taken off at half time and replaced by Eastwood. The second Coventry Goal came on the 74th minute again from Traore. In summary it was a match totally controlled by the Sky Blues who could of had 5 or 6.​

image-5-for-coventry-city-2-ipswich-town-1-gallery-335002109.jpg

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Ive got promition with Palace and QPR both in 1st season but this seems alot tougher ask

Beating teams like Ipswich will do you no harm! Buy Smithies and Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield. I started a challenge with them, very hard but these players stood out! Plus, they're English and young! Profitable buys too.....

Doncaster 0-5 Coventry

A superb team performance, hat-trick from Traore which included two thumping headers, a wonder goal from Gunnarsson and a penalty put away but Fleck great day for the Sky Blues
image-7-for-coventry-city-1-bristol-city-1-gallery-587141999.jpg

BTW THIS WILL NORMALLY BE UPDATED MONTHLY DUE TO START OF GAME THIS WILL START IN SEPTEMBER

Last edited:
well done mate, some great signings there and a great start to the season

Play up sky blues!!!

Coventry 4-2 Swansea

An exciting game goals from Fleck, Djalo, Traore and Nonda secured the 3 points for the Sky Blues.

Coventry 0-1 Stoke (League Cup 2nd Round)

Pleased with how the team performed only sour note was that the winner was conceded when Cathcart was of the pitch receiving treatment
Coventry+City+v+Portsmouth+FA+Cup+3rd+Round+gkFJGvPGXx6l.jpg

Blackpool 1-3 Coventry

Very lucky result very even game could of drawn or a lost, victory down to clinical finishing from Djalo and Barazite after an equalizing goal from a well worked free kick finished by a powerful header from Barnett

Player of the Month

Lacina Traore , the towering striker finish the month with 9 goals in 7 games, 8 goals in 5 league games . Already looks a great signing and becoming a huge hit with the fans
stiri92_1.jpg

Managers View

A great month, team is playing fluid football and scoring plenty of goals, with only 3 coming from freekicks and none as yet from corners. team showing a maturity that exceeds its young age, midfield have played superbly with all of the start 4 midfielder with 3 assits or more. Very surprised to be sitting top of the league with 100% win record. Slightly disappointed to be out of the League Cup but losing to Stoke is understandable​

Last edited:
As a coventry fan i will be following :D good luck your gona need it

well done mate, some great signings there and a great start to the season

Play up sky blues!!!

Thanks , i hope the form continues but it was a easy start to the season still yet to play one of the championship big boys

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

As a coventry fan i will be following :D good luck your gona need it

Thanks,Top of the league so far i hope i wont need it , but it only been first month so i prob will hoping for a playoff place but anytin in top 10 would be nice:p

Status
Not open for further replies.