FIFA vs PES (Let's Settle it!)

BrutalZ

Reaction score
This year I am going to buy both Fifa 2011 and Pes 2011 and put them through rigorous testing in order to prove which is really better. Here I will give details on progress concerning both, which will of course start with the demos. I am just about to download the PES Demo but I would like to have four others to help me test these games so there is no accusations of bias towards on or the other. Preferably 3 PES fans and 2 Fifa Fans, as I am a fan of Fifa myself, but you must be as neutral as possible. PM me the results after playing each demo and we will have a preliminary result session which I will post on here. May the best football game win...

Requirements: You need to be a regular player of either Fifa or Pes on Ps3, Xbox or PC

Each game will be rated by vote and a description of personal experience, previous games i.e. 2010 games and before should have absolutely no effect on the judgement of these games.

Fifa11 Demo vs Pes11 Demo

Helpers:
Lee - PES Fan (PES - 7.5/10) ()
Gaffer - Fifa Fan ()()
Irish Scouse - Fifa Fan (PES - 7/10) (FIFA - 8/10)

Pes11 Demo

Gameplay
I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the PES demo this year, and to be honest I am tempted to add it to my wish list this year. In my opinion Fifa has always had more realistic game play but PES seem to have made an effort this time and the inclusion of many new animations and tweaks to the physics of the game have made it a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I picked up the controller and played it against my brother and I felt almost upset when I decided to stop playing it. From executing some 'fluent' close control with Ribery, to leaping over Puyol to fire past Valdez with the aerial ability of Gomez. Naturally I tried both teams out but apart from the differences in speed and strength I noticed that while not shooting, the behavior of all the players was more or less the same...

Passing: 8/10 Though tempted to give it a nine I felt that the passing was a great improvement on last year's game. Though I can't flay the same fast passing football I can on Fifa 10, it was definitely an improvement on last years version with the passing being altered from a rigid and arcade-level scale to a more fluent and easier system. The reason I put it as 8 is mainly because the speed and ease of passing were far too much for a game challenging on the online competitive scene, and it was particularly easy to handle.

Dribbling: 8/10 I think PES have punched far above their weight in this section as normally I'd give PES games a 5 or 6. I've always found the PES dribbling system one-dimensional and rigid in terms of the posture of the players, and the way they turn and change direction, but this one showed more realistic motions with a more fluid change of pace. The close control on this is in my opinion better than any of the Fifa games I have played thus far and that's saying a lot. I still think that the fakes and skills are unrealistic however and can't be included much in actual gameplay, hence the 8

Shooting:...(In Progress)

Last edited:
Used to love PES but Fifa has become a lot better.

Nice contribution Ryan & Nick.

I'll give you a hand BrutalZ. I'd say I was a PES fan.

I bought PES for the first time last season, switching from FIFA, on PC and I thought the graphics were immense! Now, since that moment, I have realised why people have thought the complete opposite - at a mate's house, on his PS3, the graphics were awful. So in my opinion, PES wins on PC, FIFA for the consoles.

I was a PES fan, up until around PES6, from then on they have gone downhill and FIFA has got better and better

and theres me thinking this was a matter of opinion.

So what does your stubborn opinion bring to the thread? Maybe if you gave reasons why you prefer FIFA then it would be slightly justified. The thread isn't even asking you what game you prefer, maybe you didn't read the original post?

used to love PES... but now i am for FIFA :p. even if i play more PES then FIFA... Fifa is better. ill buy both games anyway so... :D

Did people not read the actual thread but just title, unless you want to offer something insightful or actually help this guy out, don't comment.

Were talking about the two games coming out, not the previous ones.

So what does your stubborn opinion bring to the thread? Maybe if you gave reasons why you prefer FIFA then it would be slightly justified. The thread isn't even asking you what game you prefer, maybe you didn't read the original post?

wasn't a stubborn opinion what so ever, i was clearly stating a was a fifa fan from previous games and i shall carry on buying fifa over pes.

i say your comment "id say im a pes fan" is just as bad as mine and nicks was?

he is asking for 3 pes fans and 2 fifa fans to help him test both games and decide farily which is best.
Not which you think is best now

wasn't a stubborn opinion what so ever, i was clearly stating a was a fifa fan from previous games and i shall carry on buying fifa over pes.

i say your comment "id say im a pes fan" is just as bad as mine and nicks was?

"always been a Fifa fan and will carry on being"

You have formed your opinion on all future versions of PES and every other football game already, if that's not stubborn I don't know what is.

I only said I was a PES fan because in the original post he asked for 3 PES fans & 3 FIFA fans, so I was saying which one I prefer. I didn't say it was the one I've always and will prefer unlike you though.

"always been a Fifa fan and will carry on being"

You have formed your opinion on all future versions of PES and every other football game already, if that's not stubborn I don't know what is.

I only said I was a PES fan because in the original post he asked for 3 PES fans & 3 FIFA fans, so I was saying which one I prefer. I didn't say it was the one I've always and will prefer unlike you though.

yeh, but if you always buy FIFA, you're not going to notice PES, because you won't buy 2 football games in 1 year.

Does anybody on this site actually read the OP on this site.XD