Final Fantasy

Ubernisation

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody else is a fan of this series? And if so which is your favourite?

Being only 18 I wasn't around at the beginning, but I have managed to play every FF apart from 5,6 and 9 (which i really want to play) 8 was my first, but 10 was the one I truly fell in love with. Although the main character was quite annoying, the gameworld was amazing and I must have sunk 100+ hours into just playing Blitzball! I didn't manage to play 7 when it was new, so it didn't quite have the same effect on me as it seemed to have to many.

There are rumours that there is a 7 remake coming, so that will be awesome if it does :)

That rumour about an FF7 remake has been floating about for years mate, but nothing ever materializes from it.

As for being a fan... I love the series. 7 is my favourite, closely followed by 9 (which is amazing, by the way). The others are good, but not quite as good as those two. Looking forward to XIII, as apparently the World Map system is back in place.

The only Final Fantasy game I have ever played was Final Fantasy XII on the Playstation 2.

I did enjoy it and played it quite a lot. Although once things started to get a bit too involved in status effects and magic I got bored. Which was a shame as apart from that sort of stuff I really liked it.

That rumour about an FF7 remake has been floating about for years mate, but nothing ever materializes from it.

As for being a fan... I love the series. 7 is my favourite, closely followed by 9 (which is amazing, by the way). The others are good, but not quite as good as those two. Looking forward to XIII, as apparently the World Map system is back in place.

I know these rumours have been around for a long time, but there is actually more substance behind them now. They have been remaking all the old ones on platforms such as DS and PSP, so far going as far as IV I believe. Also the recent release of Crisis core and of 7 on PSN shows they still are interested in the game. So I dunno, I think by 2011 we might hear something on it.

And about XII I reckon that's probably the worst one i've played, you could essentially set the gambits then just sit back and watch your characters win the fights, I don't really want to play a game where the game plays it for me o_O

I took it even further than that.

Auto-levelled my characters using Gambits while I slept, from level 30ish to 70ish overnight.

Shouldn't have been able to do that, I felt so dirty after. :p

Played Final Fantasy 7. When I was about 7 and loved it but not played any since tho wish I had.

Played from 7 to X-2. Then 12.

I loved all of them though I think 7 is overrated.

I spent so much time on Blitzball on X which makes me like that, yet 9 seemed to keep me occupied for the longest time, was a brilliant game.

FFX was the worst of the lot IMHO. 7 was by far the best, it went down hill from there, picked up a bit with 11 and 12 though.

A remake of 7 would be amazing. Can't wait for 13 eithe

If XIII really does have the old world map system back in place, allowing you freedom to explore rather than a linear storyline ala FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII had... well it'll be amazing, that's all I'll say about it.

Blitzball was a great minigame. It ranks up there among the best, in my opinion.

The old world map system is good, but it always sucked me out of the game a bit, the world seems so large and expansive when in the cities or caves or whatever, but then when you can run from one end of the world to the other in a few minutes on the world map it just sort of ruins it for me.

I just like the exploration aspect of the game when the world map, despite how unrealistic it is that you can traverse the entire thing in minutes.

I think Final Fantasy VII is my favorite, its my first love, but now 11 years too late I'm playing Final fantasy IX for the first time.
Its incredible I love it, everything I love about VII, IX also has :D

I really enjoyed X and XII, the ones i own. Epic stories and characters, fantastic gameplays despite theirs differrences, loved them. Played a litlle bit VII and XIII and also enjoyed it.

finding XII a little hard to get into, the whole mood of the game has changed since VII,VII and IX.

The main contribution to the atmosphere in the older games was the music, however in this one the music is bad, so far anyway I'm only about 3 hours into the game so I'm still at first impressions.
The battle system is okay, I can live with that I just hope later in the game it gets some mood back, and you visit lots of places with its own unique atmosphere.
So far it feels like I'm playing an offline MMORPG

Its also more finicky to navigate around towns, and the 3D system for roaming could work if the camera work was say like....mass effects but its not, the camera is awkward.

Still early days I have just managed to sneak into the palace.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:34 PM ----------

I give up, cant play this one, 8 hours in and i'm still not interested. The game seems like an endless dungoen crawl.
Once your in towns I dont want to explore because I'm not interested, its hard to get gil early on as you dont obtain it from battles.
I may revisit this one in the future, but the storyline seemed to suck to me too.

I have all the Final Fantasies but only completed VII and IX and VI. Any recommendation of what one move onto now