Find Me A Manager

NorthanMonkee

Reaction score
I have decided to set up a a game where in, I will set up a scenario with a club that will involve the club needing a new manager at the helm. I will take on the role of the club chairman and I will request 2 options from my scouts (you). One domestic option and one over seas option.

With each proposal put forward by the scout (you) to the chairman (me) i will require the following layout...

Name:

Picture:

Current Employment:

Reason Why? (in no more than 50 words)​

Your proposals each round (the number of rounds dependant on how popular this becomes) will be marked under the following;

Ability: (Out of 10) How I feel he would do in that role in the current climate
Availability: (Out of 5) How easily his current club would part with his services
Likely Interest: (Out of 5) How likely it is the candidate would actually move, so no point in saying 'Mourinho To Leeds!'
Proposal: (Out of 10) Taking your words into account
Creativity: (Out of 20) This is partially me taking everything into account, but where you will pick up the big points in this field is if I feel you have thought out of the box to find a manager for the club that fills all criteria

Each round I will set a deadline, and after the deadline has passed, I will then mark both entries, and give everyone a score out of a possible 100. The scout with the highest score will gain the win for that round and be placed on the leader board and the criteria for round 2 will be drawn up and another deadline placed.

Hope this works, and I will post the 1st Round up soon.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

ASTON_VILLA_BADGE.jpg

Aston Villa Job

Dear Scout,

The recent vacancy left by Martin O'Neill has troubled us greatly especially as Mr McDonald seemed to perform badly with the team up in Newcastle. It is our wish that this post be filled with haste and as such I would like you to scout out the 2 most suitable candidates for this role. I would like one candidate from within these shores, and one candidate from over-seas.

Please follow any template that has been set, and have any suggestions into my office by 12.00 GMT tomorrow.

Many thanks,

Randy.

DEADLINE 12.00GMT 24th AUGUST

I have decided to set up a a game where in, I will set up a scenario with a club that will involve the club needing a new manager at the helm. I will take on the role of the club chairman and I will request 2 options from my scouts (you). One domestic option and one over seas option.

With each proposal put forward by the scout (you) to the chairman (me) i will require the following layout...

Name:​

Picture:​

Current Employment:

Reason Why? (in no more than 50 words)​

Your proposals each round (the number of rounds dependant on how popular this becomes) will be marked under the following;

Ability: (Out of 10) How I feel he would do in that role in the current climate
Availability: (Out of 5) How easily his current club would part with his services
Likely Interest: (Out of 5) How likely it is the candidate would actually move, so no point in saying 'Mourinho To Leeds!'
Proposal: (Out of 10) Taking your words into account
Creativity: (Out of 20) This is partially me taking everything into account, but where you will pick up the big points in this field is if I feel you have thought out of the box to find a manager for the club that fills all criteria

Each round I will set a deadline, and after the deadline has passed, I will then mark both entries, and give everyone a score out of a possible 100. The scout with the highest score will gain the win for that round and be placed on the leader board and the criteria for round 2 will be drawn up and another deadline placed.

Hope this works, and I will post the 1st Round up soon.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

ASTON_VILLA_BADGE.jpg

Aston Villa Job

Dear Scout,

The recent vacancy left by Martin O'Neill has troubled us greatly especially as Mr McDonald seemed to perform badly with the team up in Newcastle. It is our wish that this post be filled with haste and as such I would like you to scout out the 2 most suitable candidates for this role. I would like one candidate from within these shores, and one candidate from over-seas.

Please follow any template that has been set, and have any suggestions into my office by 12.00 GMT tomorrow.

Many thanks,

Randy.

DEADLINE 12.00GMT 24th AUGUST

Name: Alan Curbishley

Pitcure:

Current Employment: N/A

Reason Why?
  • He is a free agent so will be much easier to approach and make your manager.
  • He can always garuntee a stable finish every year (top 7)
  • He wont cost a lot in wages compared to a foreign manager.
  • Finally, he has had plenty of experience with premier league clubs (Charlton, West Ham).
Ability: 7/10

Availibility: 5/5

Likely Interest: 5/5

Proposal: 8/10

Creativity: 15/20

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

alan-curbishley.jpg

You dont mark it yourself buddy. But seriously Curbishley - creativity 15/20? no chance.

Name : Javier Aguirre

Current Employment : Free Agent

Reason Why ?

He is a free agent.
He can motivate the players easily.
Is a manager that will provide concistency and stability.
Speaks English

Picture :
Laptop broke so can't provide picture

Thanks for getting involved guys - but if you read the OP, the request is for the 2 most suitable candidates. One domestic, One overseas.

I cant mark any proposals unless they are complete.

Name: Sven-Goran Eriksson

Picture:
Sven-Goran-Eriksson-6062007.jpg

Current Employment: Free Agent

Reason Why? Sven has a proven pedigree at the top level in club management, managing Lazio and Benfica to notable success, and also managing the likes of Fiorentina, Goteborg and Sampdoria. A good tactician who is capable of making astute signings.

Name: Kevin Keegan

Picture:
160px-Kevin_Keegan.jpg

Reason Why? A highly skilled manager who makes very good signings, is an incredible motivator (exactly what Aston Villa need at the moment) and has very good man management skills. Has had a successful management career and has proved to be a fans favourite at the likes of Manchester City and Newcastle United.

Last edited:
Name: Neil Warnock.

Availability: Currently at QPR -- some compensation will be payable.​

Reason why: Good with smaller budgets, good at motivating players. Plays decent football and has a wealth of knowledge after a long career.​

***​

Name: Manuel Pellegrini.

Availability: Unemployed. No multi-million pound compensation to pay here.​

Reason: Managed 9 clubs based from around South America and Spain.
Widely respected manager who could attract top quality players to Villa Park.
Pellegrini is the man who led Villarreal to 2nd spot in the Spanish top flight (no mean feat) and the Champions League semi-finals. He took over at Real Madrid and led them to an impressive second placed finish -- losing his job despite breaking the Spanish points total for a season (unfortunately for him, Barcelona broke the record in the same season.) When released by Madrid his win percentage was a very healthy 75%.
He has a collection of titles already under his belt and was voted the Coach of the Year in 2008 in the Spanish League.​

***​

Some great shouts so far, looking forward to giving my marks out... need more however! Keep em coming.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:44 PM ----------

Anyone else want in on this, couple hours to go...

Name:Bob Bradley
:
bradley309.jpg

Coach of the USA National Team

Reason Why? (in no more than 50 words)

Bob Bradley led USA to the finals of the confederation Cup losing narrowly to Brazil,no mean feat.No compensation will be needed to get him as he is without a club currently.He has experience managing top-flight players such as Landon Donavon and Clint Dempsey.Has also constantly led USA to impressive performances on the world stage.

Name: Alan Shearer

Picture:

Reason Why? A good Englishman who with Villa would work great. He has a good analysis of the game and will find good English players for the club.

Name: Giofranco Zola

Picture:

Reason Why? dident do well at West Ham but he only had a small budget and not te best team. With this budget he managed to get players like Diamanti who worked great for them.

I know there a little late but hope its ok​