FM 2009 - Editor Help

unitedkid1

Reaction score
Hello,
I've Had All FM's and i love the game altogether, i also love the way you can use editor. This year though, i don't seem to have one with my game. I've looked in all the folders and everywhere.

i was wondering if anybody knows where i coul ddownload it or how to get to it please?

Thank you

If you go through the start menu (bottom left) and to all programs and sports interactive it should be under the tools drop down bud!

The long way is to go to my computer - local disk c - program files - sports interactive - Football man 09 folder - tools - data editor, and click on data editor.

Hope im not teachin you how to suck eggs there mate!!

The long way is to go to my computer - local disk c - program files - sports interactive - Football man 09 folder - tools - data editor, and click on data editor.

Hope im not teachin you how to suck eggs there mate!!

Haha, No mate

I've done that but my folder is empty. Very confusing and i don't kno what i next step is to do?

Any advice?

The only thing i can think of is to extract your saved games, uninstall and reinstall the game bud!!

If you go into "my documents" Sports interactive - FM 09 folder and "games" folder, check your saved games are there and copy your games folder and drag the copy to your desktop and uninstall your game. Theres probably a better way to do this.

Ican't remember if the uninstall asks you if you want to delete your saved games.

Hope this works.

If you go into "my documents" Sports interactive - FM 09 folder and "games" folder, check your saved games are there and copy your games folder and drag the copy to your desktop and uninstall your game. Theres probably a better way to do this.

Ican't remember if the uninstall asks you if you want to delete your saved games.

Hope this works.

Trying it all now mate,

hope it works also. Need to do a few updates myself

I've tryed this new way, but still didn't work and now very confused on what to do

anyone else have a way?

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\tools\data editor

i aint got tools bar it just say in the desktop in this order in SI,

steam
fm09
steamhelp

and going through the program files way there is no tools
any othe rway to find it or should install the game again

you go to your program files, there's the 'Steam' folder, you go to SteamApps, common, football manager 2009,, tools, data editor, and there you are

Help!

Ok guys, need a little help here.

Have edited a team in the data editor and entered them into the league which went well. Having a good season only i didnt realise you had to enter them into the fa cup, and in my first season in the BSS i didnt play in the fs cup just the fa trophy, now im in BSP and it still looks like i wont be playing in it, anybody else had this problem, advice??!!??

Also my finances have gone pete tong, as i said the club was founded in 2008, gave them a transfer budget of 10mill and a high wage budget. Half way through the season i get docked 10 points, all my transfer money dissappears (without buying anybody) offers start getting accepted left right and centre for my players and i keep getting messages from the board saying parts of the stadium are being shut down due to Health and safety issues!!!

Any ideas?

I have since tried to get on an in game editor to resolve such issues but have been unsuccesful with downloading one and getting it to work. Im running vista, i downloaded the file - dotnexfx35setup and saved it to a sports interactive file. Then i downloaded the file - FMRTEv2.0.0227 and also saved that to the sports interactive file.

Now when i click on FMRTE to attempt to load it it asks me if i want to allow the program to run, i click continue. then a small box pops up in the middle of the screen which is titled extracting files. Next a nother small box appears with a green loading bar titled setup which takes about a minute. Then a laarger box appears named Maintenance mode, it asks me to select one of the following 2 - Repair or Uninstall. Uninstall does what it says and repair states that it restores microsoft.net framework 3.5 sp1 back to its original state.

So i click on repair and the bar comes across downloading the repair status. A message with download complet appears and it cracks straight on with restoring back to its original state. A message pops up with setup has completed successfully i click exit. Nothing appears.

Then when i try and click on the FMRTE again the same thing happens!!!!

Frustrating.

Im sure its something really stupid that im doing but i really havent got a clue to be honest. Im sure its something to do with this new steam way of installing the game, it never used to be this complicated.

Anyway if you followed all that and know what your doing or think you can help then let me know, i will greatly appreciatte any advice.

Cheers Antony

hi i have a problem with my editor i can find the file ok and when i click on it,a pop up says unable to load resources,couldnt find data editor.when i uninstalled the game and re installed its wrks i can use the editor until i go to re use it again and tht same message comes up.ive tried uninstalling it and re installing it loads of times and the same thing happens.any one any suggestions?? i need help.

mate you've have to make a shortcut for the editor not drag and drop
so if you're using steam go to steamapps fm then right click and use create shortcut on the editor and then paste the shorcut on your desktop

cheers il try tht now,done tht and its wrking thanx v much

Last edited:
Can someone PM me their msn?
I'm getting annoyed, i can't find it