(FM 2012) Stev's Attacking Bliss / Defensive Rock (only 2 defeats!!)

• Thread starter Thread starter StevZen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 20K

StevZen

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have played this game for many years now, and this year i decided that i would stop trying to gain succes through other people's tactics.

I went to work when i got the demo, and played it 6 times with Man Utd trying to perfect my Tactic, and it has worked!!

It actually contains 2 tactics!

The 4-2-4 which i play against the weaker teams & the 4-2-3-1 which i play against the Big 6 teams (only loss with this was against city in Community shield, where the team wasn't fully gelled)

All in all my record for the duration of the demo (not counting the friendlies) was:

Games played: Wins: 24 Draws: 3 Losses: 2

The 2 losses i had, was as abovementioned against City in the Community Shield (due to lack of "gel-ness" with the tactic) & away against Olympique Marseille in Cl where i had Vidic thrown of in the 3rd minute!

So all in all the tactic has really blown my Mind!!

Now to show you the Tactic:

We start with the 4-2-4:
View attachment 198632

As you can see this is the more attacking of the tactics, which is why i play this against the weaker opponents!

I have the poacher who bangs in goals, the DLF who drops down and assists the other players & also gets quite a few goals!

Then i have the 2 inside forwards who cuts inside (Please note that the Inside Forwards swap roles, so make sure that your wingers are comfortable playing both AML & AMR), but still the flanks are covered because of the 2 attacking wingbacks that fulfill the "winger" role when the IF's cuts inside!

At the midfield i have the ballwinning Midfielder, and the Advanced playmaker!

As i mentioned above this tactic is for when playing the weaker teams (i have a rule of thumb which is before every match i check the "odds" in the preview and any match where the odds on me winning is below 2.0 i play this tactic! unless i am playing one of the Big 6!

Now to the Big 6 Tactic:
View attachment 198633

The things that change in this tactic is that the Inside Forwards turn into Wingers with a Support duty,
The DLf drops down to an AMC position and now plays as a Trequartista, the Advanced Playmaker now turns into a Deep Lying Playmaker, The Wingbacks turn into Fullbacks and the mentality has been change to control aswell as the philosophy changes from fluid to Balanced!

When playing with a lower profile team than United this tactic should also be used when playing matches where the odds on you winning is over 2.0! I also use this against the trickier away matches against teams who are not in the big 6! (where the odds of me winning is higher than 2.0)

Now to the results of the tactics:
View attachment 198634View attachment 198635

Here the league table after the first half of the season:

View attachment 198636

Here my group in CL:

View attachment 198637

And now just to proof that im not lying regarding my losses:

The loss in Community Shield against City where the team was still adjusting to the tactics:

View attachment 198638

And the loss against Olympique Marseille, where i had Vidic thrown off in the 3rd minute:

View attachment 198639

Now that's out of the way i would like to show you some of the more memorable wins!

Home against Borussia Dortmund:

View attachment 198640

The league cup where i fielded a team of reserves against Chelsea with their strongest lineup:
View attachment 198641

Home against City:

View attachment 198642

Away against Chelsea:

View attachment 198643

And last but not least, at home against Arsenal:

View attachment 198644

As you may have noticed there is alot of goals when playing the stronger teams, but i have still managed to outscore the opponent with ease, so i dont really fuzz that much about the goals conceded, as i bang way more in than the opposition!

This tactic really involves all of the players and below you can see how the goals have been spread out between the players:

View attachment 198645

Now for some basic Guidelines:

Pitch Size: Big

Match prep.: Teamwork (Very High) until the team is fully gelled.. When fully gelled then leave it to Assistant Manager!

Teamtalks: Leave to Assistant Manager

Opp. Instructions: Leave to Assistant Manager

Shouts: None!

Here the link for the tactics: Download Tactics.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

I have only tested this with Man United as it is my fav team, and the one i always start a game with in a new version of the game, so this year i wanted to have a tactic at the ready when the full version is released!

I do hope that people will try this tactic and give me feedback as i really would like to further develop it, once getting my hands on the full version!

Please also feel free to try it with Lower League teams, and teams weaker than Man Utd, but there is no guarantees from my side, that it will work with the lower teams!

I hope you all will enjoy these tactics as much as i have, and any feedback is welcome !

Now to Winning ;)

At what point did i say that this was made in the full version ? :P as all the other tactics that has been uploaded it has been made in the demo, and as i point out above, i am looking for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, so i can keep working on it when i have the full version.. But thanks for pointing out the obvious sir ;)

retsinnab69 hating again?!? Why so much negatives to other tacticians who are posting their work? Grow up, child!!!

Cmon guys.. Any feedback is welcome! Negative as positive :)

mate sorry tosay but when i try to down load it wont download the actual tactic just the livid ****

Back