Notts county, The Uprising (Championship atm, late story)

lookpal

Reaction score
Ok so I guess alot of people have chosen to take Notts county up through the leagues and initially I decided not to make a story , but I suprised myself by getting notts promoted in 2 consecutive seasons and finding myself 3rd in the championship in December 2011.
So, Im going to backtrack ^^)

I began my career by signing a ton of league2 winning players and removing the "deadwood".(H)
View attachment 18055

I made ex-chelsea youngster Joe Keenan captain, and this turned out to be a good choice!
Lucien Mettomo, my experienced African International stayed solid at the back, and Ex-coventry striker Michael Mifsud was top scorer in the league 37 goals!! (39games in 45games altogether!!)
and Olivier Bernard was a revelation at left Back!!

Mid season I signed Nathon Tyson who was sublime. This result being my best..
View attachment 18056

So. Easy. Notts County League 2 Champions 09/10. Then on to League 1...|)
View attachment 18057

Well i think its good you have done a season and you know you are going to be committed to the story.

Good Luck.

Good to see someone playing a season then starting a thread. I'll be following

Ive done 2 XD . I'm going to write about how I got promoted from League 1, then we can get up to date with my current progress !

and thanks.

why did u make 2 threds

Mate, It happens all the time once he pressed post thread it would of not done anything so he would of pressed it again there for creating 2 thread i have done it before not the end of the world.

Ok so I get into League 1! My pre pre-season media prediction being a comfortable top-half finish! I set my expectation high and acts for transfer budget that reflected a play off finish, It was ambitious to say the least. I recieved 4 million and a decent wage budget.
These were my transfers for 10/11:
View attachment 18060
I was amazed by the quality of player I could attract, signing Simeon Jackson, Kelvin Etuhu and Alvaro Recoba (you know him, free-kick Inter guy) AND ex tottenham Adel Taraabt who proved to be a great signing!
I also brought in Nigel Winterburn and FrankLampard Sr. to my coaching staff and make Steve Mcmanaman my Assistant,brilliant!
So with the new players brought a new formation, I devised it myself for an attcking style and called it the six-pack (4-2-2-2) - the key part was recober and taraabt getting bags full from AM.
My new attacking style was reflected in this early season result!
View attachment 18059
I started my season great, only losing about 3 games on the run up til christmas and feeling comfortable in firstoO). I made a couple of signings in January, rubio and someone (tord grip thought he was 'quality',truth is hes awful). Then Instead of continuing in first, I began to lose, and come May I was fighting for a playoff place. Luckily I finished 6th and won the playoffs with EASE:D.
View attachment 18061
So there I was, Notts County, Championship! (which in my game is like "the premier League 2"...Fulham,blackburn,bolton,portsmouth:O)

Imho Fulham always get relegated, some good signings, have fun in championship

Got my own notts county team on the way gonna see hwo we both compare mate :)