ShakeyJake99

Reaction score
I have recently started a new game with Manchester Utd after different saves as Juventus, Bilbao and Southampton. With each team I have played different tactics that I have devised myself based on the real life playing style of that team. My Juve 3-5-2 quick, direct and aggressive press lead me to the treble in my first year and retaining Serie A for 6 straight years and claiming another ECL and 2 runners up as well as at least one domestic cup per year. With Bilbao and Southampton I again played their way and built season on season and had very successful campaigns. I decided that I wanted to recreate a Man U performance. I stared again and shook a few things up. I was conscious of a post SAF era curse so replaced a lot of staff and but hired 4-5 star coaches only. I let all the deadwood youth and reserves that had less than 3 stars potential and loaned all youth for first team football above 3 stars. For me the main area Man U struggled last season was the role next to Carrick, the engine that can break up the play and let Carrick do what he does best, control, dictate and pass. So with my knowledge of Juventus the perfect man was Arturo Vidal. A hefty ?25m + ?10m rated Anderson secured him. Next was creativity down my left flank. Im not a fan of the inconsistent Young or Nani as they cross rarely and waste possession often. Who is the best LM to provide for my world class Roon and RVP. Well Bale of course! ?5m + ?25m rated Nani. I also sold Young to Tottenham for ?25m. Finally my only other addition was Evra mkII... DAVID ALABA. Again I signed him for Juve and he was beyond amazing on the left flank. Here is where the problem starts for me. Across 6 friendlies against varied teams inc Valencia and Real Madrid I scored a total of 23 goals conceding 1 against my reserves which I only drew 1-1. Hit the season and Bale doesn't get above 7, he gets the ball and tip-toes at his player never really trying to beat him before loosing the ball and repeating the process. RVP rarely has a highlight, hasn't scored since pre-season and when he'1v1 he looks more Emile Heskey than RVP for example he has bags of space 1v1 and can move the ball to his left foot to give him the better angle and technique but instead panics and fires a right footed power shot at the keeper. Rooney does ok but as I am asking him to come deep get he ball and find RVP he is affected by his poor form. Valencia does exactly what I want from him and Bale run down the line with pace pass inside or drive the ball across goal from the byline. I want to know if anyone has got good performances out of RVP and Bale as from his forum I see RVP is often poor and Bale is often a Man U target. If you can help much appreciated. I am happy to try someone elses tactic so I can have a tinker between theirs and my own. Here is how I like to play 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-1-1. RB Rwb Supp. RCD Cov. LCD Def (basically stopper because its Vidic and his aggression is enough on its own.)LWB S. RM W Att. RCM BWM Def. or CM Def. LCM DLP Def. LM W A. RS DLF A/S or as the AM in the 4-4-1-1. LS P Att. Literally any advice would be awesome thanks